View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:35 am 
born to perform.

00linc wrote:
I am not trying to brag or anything, but by looking at the replies I have a feeling my suggestion is probably the best, because when you think about it, you must have control over your audience, not the other way around! so if you do say no, or let them put you under pressure, its implying to your audience that they have the drivers seat, so by using my method, it will confuse the audience for a few seconds, giving you enough to switch decks, then you can let them look at the deck, it then leaves them dumbfounded and you are still in control.

Thanks, Linc Ellusion.

actually your idea was pretty stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:31 am 
born to perform.

Location: In a galaxy somewhere in the vicinity of Betelguese 5
00linc wrote:
I am not trying to brag or anything, but by looking at the replies I have a feeling my suggestion is probably the best, because when you think about it, you must have control over your audience, not the other way around! so if you do say no, or let them put you under pressure, its implying to your audience that they have the drivers seat, so by using my method, it will confuse the audience for a few seconds, giving you enough to switch decks, then you can let them look at the deck, it then leaves them dumbfounded and you are still in control.

Thanks, Linc Ellusion.

Not really. The audience isn't stupid. They're going to know that it is a trick deck, not the same one you used. They know this as soon as you show them the blank deck. They won't know how you did it, but they will know it's not the same one.

Spec: Do that again! That was cool.

Me: No. But I got something else you will like.

Move on to next trick.
Control, and you don't insult their intellegence..........as much :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:26 pm 
Penguin

Certain environments require you to repeat tricks all the time. Be daring and show them it again, and if they see your method? Go practice some more.

Go get 'em tiger.

daniel116 - Har.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:30 pm 
born to perform.

AtticusFinch wrote:
Certain environments require you to repeat tricks all the time. Be daring and show them it again, and if they see your method? Go practice some more.

Go get 'em tiger.

daniel116 - Har.

thats stupid
because if you show them the trick again then its just a trick, its not magic anymore...
first time: theyre like WHAT THE !@# SHOW ME THAT AGAIN and then after youre finished performing to them they will think to theirselves "how the edited did the cards switch if i was holding them?!"
BUT if you do show them the trick again, they might figure like 1% of it, and thats enough for a spectator to know that its not real magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:36 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
thats stupid
because if you show them the trick again then its just a trick, its not magic anymore...
first time: theyre like WHAT THE !@# SHOW ME THAT AGAIN and then after youre finished performing to them they will think to theirselves "how the edited did the cards switch if i was holding them?!"
BUT if you do show them the trick again, they might figure like 1% of it, and thats enough for a spectator to know that its not real magic

Your spectators already know you're not doing real magic, pet. Notice we're not burning people for witchcraft anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:05 am 
Penguin

i usually either say "i never do the same trick twice" or "sorry i don't take requests" or just say something that transitions into another effect immediately like "i'll show you something better". i do all of these with a sly grin mind you so i don't come off as uptight or too serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:25 pm 
Penguin

I usually say: "Why?" They either look at you and say nothing, stutter something or say "Well uh, I want to try to figure out how you did it."
If they say that last one I say "And why would I want "YOU" to know how to do it?" They will usually say "Man whatever, just show me another trick"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I just simply tell them that I refuse to do an effect twice in a row, because the second time they are only watching to figure it out. I actually had a spectator leave during my performance today because he kept interrupting my performance with thoughts of how I did it, and wasn't there simply for the entertainment value. That's just my way of dealing with hecklers... I tell them to be quiet and keep their thoughts to themselves, or leave... and 99.9% of the time it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:34 am 
Penguin

just go into another trick withou sayn nothing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:55 pm 
born to perform.

I always ask, "What? Didn't I do it well enough the first time?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:04 am 
born to perform.

I would say... " According to Article 2 Section 7, subsection 14... of the Quintimillenmial magic Convocation, No magician Sorceror Conjuror, or any person that can present him or herself as same, shall at any time before the same audience or audiences be they 1 individual , a group, or both, perform said mini-miracle, illusion, effect, which shall be of a magical nature.

If said magician, sorceror, conjuror etc, does so, he shall be denied the oppurtunity to perform in any of the Comvocation events up and including the annual fruitcake cook off, and bar-b-q."

If he shall have done so more than 3 times in any decade, his wand shall be split, his pants shall be wedgied, his powers removed for a period not to be less than a fortnight, or more than 3 and a half moons. Said continued ignorance of said by laws shall subject miscreant to continued harassment and targeting by the Magical Convocation Punishment Committee.

" remember Repeat performances, Just...say...no!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:09 am 
born to perform.

00linc wrote:

Thanks, Linc Ellusion.

One must always endeavor for humility in all things. By going to the trouble of asking for Licenses etc, you have slowed down your act to deal with an audience request...you have ...given up control. The exact opposite of what you are bragging about.

To actually retain control, " Just say no." is better than your sequence. Me I rather turn their request into an opportunity for a gag. Either as I expressed above or some variation of.." Are you nuts? * look over your shoulders as though looking at invisible people..* The magic Police will get me!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:42 am 
Penguin

clarissa35f wrote:
I would say... " According to Article 2 Section 7, subsection 14... of the Quintimillenmial magic Convocation, No magician Sorceror Conjuror, or any person that can present him or herself as same, shall at any time before the same audience or audiences be they 1 individual , a group, or both, perform said mini-miracle, illusion, effect, which shall be of a magical nature.

If said magician, sorceror, conjuror etc, does so, he shall be denied the oppurtunity to perform in any of the Comvocation events up and including the annual fruitcake cook off, and bar-b-q."

If he shall have done so more than 3 times in any decade, his wand shall be split, his pants shall be wedgied, his powers removed for a period not to be less than a fortnight, or more than 3 and a half moons. Said continued ignorance of said by laws shall subject miscreant to continued harassment and targeting by the Magical Convocation Punishment Committee.

" remember Repeat performances, Just...say...no!!!"

LOL I really need to brush up on my er.. Quintimillenmial magic Convocation rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:01 am 
born to perform.

Once is magic.
Twice is education.
Have a nice day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:05 pm 
born to perform.

RadioRob wrote:
Once is magic.
Twice is education.
Have a nice day.

i really like that one
short and sweet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next