View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
Look fallingblood, I apologize. I thought I was helping some people. I guess I will sorta back down and let the pros take over this thread since they are the more experienced. Every heckler is different, so every heckler should be handled different. When a heckler arises, instinctively you'll know how to deal with them. I'm out on this thread. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:12 pm 
born to perform.

Darwin Ortiz says that 90 % of the time the best way to deal with a Heckler is to ignore them.

Get Strong Magic. The chapter on Hecklers is worth the price of the book

A synopsis. Hecklers live on attention. They want the attention you have...so do not give it to them.

You may think you score a Point when you insult them, in fact you give them EXACTLY what they want. As long as you keep responding they are getting YOUR attention. Ignore them, do not look at them, do not smile at them, do not pick them for any tricks, do not feed their desire in any way shape or form.

One example he uses. he lets the heckler keep heckling and ignoring him, once he notices that the whole audience is getting pissed at him for interfering with the shwo... he says To the audience " See what happens when cousins marry?"

On first glance it may look as though he is feeding the Heckler's need for attention, except that he isn't because even though he is insulting the heckler, he is not acknowledging the heckler. His comment is directed AT the audience, he does not look at or in any way acknowledge the heckler by now the audience knows who you refer to.

Seriously, if you own this book read it, if you do not own it...buy it.