View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Roth? Stone?
David Roth 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
David Stone 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Stone? Or Roth? DVD's
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:27 pm 
Penguin

What dvd sets have better teaching or better magic? im unsure of what one to choose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:59 am 
born to perform.

David Roth is a Coin God...But, MAN will he put you to sleep...zzz.

I would get David Stone's dvd's. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:38 pm 
Penguin

okay... David stone is one of the most natural with coins in the world, every thing he does with coins are wonderful! David ruth is a man who can do so realy much with coins, but the things he doues do not work in real life, and if you are a standing magician, maby you work at alot of resturants ( i know i do ) and then the david ruth stuff will not work... so if you buy David stones dvd's you whould realy like them, and use very much of it!

KALLE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:14 pm 
Team Penguin

kallx wrote:
okay... David stone is one of the most natural with coins in the world, every thing he does with coins are wonderful! David ruth is a man who can do so realy much with coins, but the things he doues do not work in real life, and if you are a standing magician, maby you work at alot of resturants ( i know i do ) and then the david ruth stuff will not work... so if you buy David stones dvd's you whould realy like them, and use very much of it!

KALLE

Spell it with me: R-O-T-H... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:59 pm 
born to perform.

Your in luck! I own both complete sets. And The final answer in my opinion is GO WITH STONE. Roth is great, but Stone is super natural, smooth and also VERY entertaining (something, it seems, roth has never worked on). You'll get more tricks from Stone, The same great teaching(minus the sleep medication effect) and you really don't miss much by not getting roth's dvd's. I bought them after I had already had both of stone's tapes because I thought maybe their was some more information on them that wasn't on stone's. I was pretty much wrong. I felt I got A LOT more out of stone's tapes.

Plus on the second dvd (which you should not view until after you've mastered the first) David (stone) teaches you "wiped clean", a move that I use constantly, and it is not taught on roth's tapes.

Anyway, there are quite a few more reasons but I think that will suffice. If you have any questions pm me and I'll be glad to help. Good luck with your coin magic.

-connor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 pm 
Team Penguin

acebrawler73 wrote:
Your in luck! I own both complete sets. And The final answer in my opinion is GO WITH STONE. Roth is great, but Stone is super natural, smooth and also VERY entertaining (something, it seems, roth has never worked on). You'll get more tricks from Stone, The same great teaching(minus the sleep medication effect) and you really don't miss much by not getting roth's dvd's. I bought them after I had already had both of stone's tapes because I thought maybe their was some more information on them that wasn't on stone's. I was pretty much wrong. I felt I got A LOT more out of stone's tapes.

Plus on the second dvd (which you should not view until after you've mastered the first) David (stone) teaches you "wiped clean", a move that I use constantly, and it is not taught on roth's tapes.

Anyway, there are quite a few more reasons but I think that will suffice. If you have any questions pm me and I'll be glad to help. Good luck with your coin magic.

-connor

David Roth not studying entertainment value? So what if he isn't very energetic? His entertainment value is great. He has obviously practiced moves forever and can add a great deal of anything to a routine because he doesn't have to think about the technical aspects of it.

I would go with David Roth's because if he wasn't there, there would have never been a Stone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:08 am 
Penguin

sorry... i'm not that well with english..:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:05 am 
born to perform.

Popchris wrote:
acebrawler73 wrote:

-connor

David Roth not studying entertainment value? So what if he isn't very energetic? His entertainment value is great. He has obviously practiced moves forever and can add a great deal of anything to a routine because he doesn't have to think about the technical aspects of it.

I would go with David Roth's because if he wasn't there, there would have never been a Stone.

So? That doesn't make it a better dvd set. Do you even own either of the dvd's or are you just speaking off of what you've heard people say about David Roth and how great he is to try and get some sort of respect from the older guys on the forum.
Do you even do coin magic consistently. I thought you were a card guy? It sounds to me like you are one of those guys who wants to sound smart buy "trumping" other peoples posts with your own (sometimes false) knowledge.

If I am wrong and you do own both and are giving an honest opinion I am truely sorry. But I have seen a lot of Bull$hiter's on this forum and have gotten good at spotting them.

As far as being entertaining goes, show me a truely entertaining video of david roth. Just try. He's a magician's magician. He practices, developes and teaches but he's not an entertainer. That doesn't mean he's not a good magician. On the contrary, He's an amazing magician; when it comes to the magic itself but he just doesn't concentrate so much on being an all around entertainer and that's just that.

-connor