View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:23 am 
born to perform.

Popchris wrote:
What about the effect Greed by Daniel Garcia?

What about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:31 am 
born to perform.

jadajada wrote:
have any of you guys tried to hand in a bent quarter to pay for something . I know a guy who will hand in a fake 1,000,000 dollar bill just to get reactions :lol: :D

Years ago, my father-in-law had a stack of Bill Clinton $100 gag bills. They looked pretty good but they had all sorts of little joke signitures and such on the bill. Obviously fake to anyone with a 6th grade education.

So we were in a Hooters in Ohio and he tried to pay for a Hooter's tee shirt with the fake bill. The girl working the merchandise counter actually accepted the bill. The Hooter's girl was like "I didn't know that Bill Clinton was on a bill. That's like sooo cool." Another waitress standing there got in on the action too. It was like every blonde joke coming alive before my very eyes. I laughed so hard as I've never seen people so clueless.

He did ask for the Bill bill back and paid with real currency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:10 pm 
born to perform.

tbwendt wrote:
jadajada wrote:
have any of you guys tried to hand in a bent quarter to pay for something . I know a guy who will hand in a fake 1,000,000 dollar bill just to get reactions :lol: :D

Years ago, my father-in-law had a stack of Bill Clinton $100 gag bills. They looked pretty good but they had all sorts of little joke signitures and such on the bill. Obviously fake to anyone with a 6th grade education.

So we were in a Hooters in Ohio and he tried to pay for a Hooter's tee shirt with the fake bill. The girl working the merchandise counter actually accepted the bill. The Hooter's girl was like "I didn't know that Bill Clinton was on a bill. That's like sooo cool." Another waitress standing there got in on the action too. It was like every blonde joke coming alive before my very eyes. I laughed so hard as I've never seen people so clueless.

You think the blonde joke is funny? How about the Bill Clinton in a Hooters joke?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:51 pm 
born to perform.

I read about a company that got in trouble from puncturing quarters and half dollars to make karate coins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:03 pm 
born to perform.

pingumagic wrote:
The funny thing is if one police officer took five minutes to go down to the E hq he could cost them thousands of dollars :lol: .

That would be so funny if that happened. Brad Christian would be living in a closeup case on the street trying to pickpocket people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:10 pm 
born to perform.

I wonder if the federal government has some kind of a defacing tax?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:00 pm 
Penguin

dbaker_creator wrote:
tbwendt wrote:
jadajada wrote:

You think the blonde joke is funny? How about the Bill Clinton in a Hooters joke?

No, I've never heard it. What about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:18 pm 
born to perform.

I'll explain it to you when you're older Ling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:02 am 
Penguin

A cop got mad at me when I showed him Fraud by Daniel Garcia. That trick is CRAZY!

Post subject: Illegal Currency
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:13 am 
Penguin

As long as the coin is not machined / altered to make the face value appear to increase, you can basically do anything you want to, to any US coin. (Make tricks, make jewellery, etc.) However, in other countries, it is actually illegal (and some countries WILL prosecute if you do it as a business) to deface coins- Australia is a case in point. Has something to do with the face of the Queen being on the money. Makes it hard to find a folding coin over here! Luckily as I am from the USA, I change a local coin into a US half, as part of the routine, and continue from there if I use an altered coin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:36 pm 
Penguin

Whats the final say on something like this topic? Any pros out there actually know the law?

I wouldn't think it is illegal considering all the magic companies out there that actually gimmick real money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:26 pm 
born to perform.

It IS illegal but is a rarely prosecuted offense.

Prosecuting someone costs a few grand - if you're defacing a few dollars, it's just not worth the DA's time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:44 pm 
born to perform.

Ever been to a museum and see one of those coin smasher things? The ones that squash your pennies into a souvernier? On some of them, it cites the penal code saying something to the effect of, "U.S. currency may not be defaced, mutilated, or destroyed with intent to commit fraud." Basically, you can't print $100's on a one dollar bill or try to determine the exact mixture of the ink in a lab.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:25 am 
Emperor Penguin

Any imitation of currency in most countries is illegal.

Here in Canada, we cannot. I contacted the government and received permission (after the proper contracts were signed) to get actual-size bills done.

I was surprised I was given permission untill I read the terms. Black-and-white. :roll:

In the US, there also appears to be size restriction. If under a certain size, you are allowed so it cannot be mistaken for legal tender.

8)