View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Is Criss Angel Houdini?
Criss Angel is Houdini. That explains why he talks so much about him 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Criss is not Houdini. Because I think he's not 91%  91%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 32
 Post subject: Criss Angel is Houdini.
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:39 am 
Penguin

Hi, today we gonna explore why Harry Houdini (March 24, 1874 – October 31, 1926) is inspiration and the soul of well known and popular magician, Criss Angel. Criss Angel almost in each of his episodes tries to do what wanted Houdini. Houdini wasn't best of the best but Criss declares that he was and that could only say man who talks about himself. In this arrival he tries to be perfected and do things that look impossible, the phrase "Entertainment that world had never seen" is not only some words. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:42 am 
born to perform.

Wow, that is totally incomprehensible for me. It's like talking to yoda or something. Best is not Criss, yet Houdini he likes and tries to be like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:07 am 
born to perform.

hmmmmm... Criss and Houdini.... interesting comparison make.....

neither with cards good were... yes?? Both, by many of their colleagues hated were.... Equally easy to anger... brash....arrogant...bahhhh strong are they ... appeal to the dark side they do... Criss And Houdini many qualities share.

Both experts at self promotion were.... and convinced the lay people that better than they really were, they were. True illusion for they.... that although not really good at magic being..... convinced their generation that awesome they were......

The premise......very intriguing is..... Ponder on it longer.....I must

Last edited by clarissa35f on Sun May 25, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:56 pm 
born to perform.

ImageChris Angel Houdini is not. Makes lousy attempt he does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:40 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Houdini was a skilled magician. Criss sucks. Houdini had respect for the art. Criss has none. Criss doesn't even have respect for Houdini. Comparing the two is an insult to Houdini, and an insult to logical thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:48 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Houdini was a skilled magician. Criss sucks. Houdini had respect for the art. Criss has none. Criss doesn't even have respect for Houdini. Comparing the two is an insult to Houdini, and an insult to logical thinking.

100% agreed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:56 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:

A lot of what Houdini was is open to debate. A lot of his contemporaries dod not respect his " magician" ship... he was a great escape artist. But some said that as to his " magic" it was so so. The fact that he was an awesome self promoter, may be coloring what we percieve of him today. Myth in the making as stories are passed on...

Dai Vernon said about Houdini.." A seven year old can fool Houdini." I think his testament about Houdini is turstworthy.

On one occasion Houdini was doing card magic for fellow magicians and kept flashing his top palm... they suggested he ask Dai Vernon to teach him... he exploded." I do not need lessons from amateurs!" ...

There were magicians of his day that did not think very highly of his magic. Now those that hate Houdini say he was Just blah...those that love him say " Jealousy!!!" Seems that the same thing is happening with those that hate Criss Angel, and those that lovve him.

Just seems pretty .... interesting. I do not accept as given without any sort of debate the argument that " Houdini was an awesome magician!!" it is open for debate. and depends on whom you believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:26 pm 
Team Penguin

clarissa35f wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

A lot of what Houdini was is open to debate. A lot of his contemporaries dod not respect his " magician" ship... he was a great escape artist. But some said that as to his " magic" it was so so. The fact that he was an awesome self promoter, may be coloring what we percieve of him today. Myth in the making as stories are passed on...

Dai Vernon said about Houdini.." A seven year old can fool Houdini." I think his testament about Houdini is turstworthy.

On one occasion Houdini was doing card magic for fellow magicians and kept flashing his top palm... they suggested he ask Dai Vernon to teach him... he exploded." I do not need lessons from amateurs!" ...

There were magicians of his day that did not think very highly of his magic. Now those that hate Houdini say he was Just blah...those that love him say " Jealousy!!!" Seems that the same thing is happening with those that hate Criss Angel, and those that lovve him.

Just seems pretty .... interesting. I do not accept as given without any sort of debate the argument that " Houdini was an awesome magician!!" it is open for debate. and depends on whom you believe.

Don't diss someone while they are dissing Piss Angel!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:19 pm 
born to perform.

Guys come onz!!!!!

All you know Criss is Houdini!! Houdini didn't die back he was alive!!! He changed his name so that makes Houdini Criss and Angel Harry!!!

They the same person, I just know it! Why would Criss talk about Houdini so much only if they were the same person?! They both entertain and be the best and you only talk about yourself the best not someone else the ebst so that PROVES Angel is Houdini!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:22 pm 
born to perform.

Strange you are... Houdini Criss angel, is not. This idea Ludicrous is. If Houdini alive were, over 100 years old he would be. The most challenging escape for him, from the toilet would be. Not some tank of water.... bah... tiring it is...discussing insanities with the weak minded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:28 pm 
born to perform.

clarissa35f wrote:
Strange you are... Houdini Criss angel, is not. This idea Ludicrous is. If Houdini alive were, over 100 years old he would be. The most challenging escape for him, from the toilet would be. Not some tank of water.... bah... tiring it is...discussing insanities with the weak minded.

You btu not understanding me!!! Houdini waz real magic! People always said Houdini was real and just said he not real cause he want to not get bothered by scientists and stuff but he was actually real magic and real psycho! So he been alive all dis time cause of his magic! He been hanging with Copperfield at his fountain of youth! But really the fountain of youth is Houdini's greatest escape, he escaped from death! People just be thinkin his greatest escape was from da wata but it be from dead!!!

And he really Criss! I believe!!!

Weakminded is what you be cause you not believe, but beleive you when Criss over da lake walk! And Jesus remember came bac from the dead so Houdini from being dead came to Criss so dat PROVES he be REAL!!!

Telling you I is Criss be Houdiini!!!! :shock:

Is like Cris say, "remember in the middle of beLIEve is LIE!!!" Think, stop and about that!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:32 pm 

Erich Weiss, aka Harry Houdini was a great showman. Criss Angel is a hack no talent moron that just happened to be in the right place at the right time. His skills as a prestidigitator are mediocre at best.

You cannot compare the two. The reason Criss Angel brings up Houdini all the time is because of Criss' own insecurities. It’s clear he is insecure based on his behavior towards other magicians and always having the need to be in the spotlight.

I suppose the only similarities would be that Houdini himself wanted to be on top. The clear difference here is that Houdini had the talent and knowledge to be on top. Angel must stand on the shoulders of giants to achieve his "celebrity".

In the end, Criss has no respect for Houdini since Criss strives to “one-up” the master. Here is photographic proof that Criss has no respect for Herr Weiss!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:19 pm 
born to perform.

Houdini said he would come back from the dead. Maybe he did as Criss Angel. That's why people are saying Criss is Houdini.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:14 pm 
born to perform.

If I had to come back from the dead as Criss Angel, I would rather stay dead.

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:15 pm 

blackwidowcd wrote:
Houdini said he would come back from the dead. Maybe he did as Criss Angel. That's why people are saying Criss is Houdini.

I certainly hope you're not being serious!