View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:37 pm 
born to perform.

miniserb725 wrote:
MichaelKras wrote:
I don't want to get banned from the Penguin forums, so I will keep my comments to myself here.

Then why say anything at all? Just state your opinion.

I personally don't know what Angel's like as a person, so I won't pass judgement on that, but I can definitely see creative differences causing some tension between Criss and his consultants. With Criss constantly trying to maintain an image (albeit an annoying one), conflicts with the consulting staff are sure to occur. The show is very low on my list of programming, so I can't say I've seen enough to know the trends of how the show's been, but I can see it going down the tubes with so much talent leaving.

I have met Criss, he's as much of a jerk in real life as "his image" would imply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:41 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
I have met Criss, he's as much of a jerk in real life as "his image" would imply.

May you please elaborate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:28 am 
born to perform.

nikiel wrote:
Quote:

May you please elaborate?

Flippant, overly egotistical, and it's all about him. There can be no conversation that isn't about Criss, while you're in his presence. I've never seen someone with a more fragile ego.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:47 am 
Emperor Penguin

The only problem would be finding something to talk about, unless it would be criticizing him, that would be too easy. "That was a cool camera edit where you made it look like you could do an overhand shuffle." I wonder what ever happned to his buddy "camera-edit" who defended him to no end? I guess the truth and reality finally set in.

I don't believe he posted in any other forum but here. :lol: http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/pro ... e&u=142633

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:58 am 
born to perform.

I read through a thread or two that he was in. Nothing he said made any sense, and most of it was dancing around questions trying to find a new way to phrase things.

I found the number of times he used the phrase "Let's be clear" very funny. Especially since the only person NOT being clear was camera-edit himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:22 am 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
Well with Banachek and Luke gone, there goes most of Criss's mentalism.

yeah, now all criss can do is the stuff he already knows (which will get boring after a while) and the stuff he makes himself (not very much...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:55 am 
born to perform.

How come Banachek was on season 4 then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:58 am 

Maloney123 wrote:

Perhaps they had already shot most of Season 4 before Banachek for forced to leave the show...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:30 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:

Perhaps they had already shot most of Season 4 before Banachek for forced to leave the show...

Actually I think I read that somewhere. It is slipping my mind though. I will look for it and get back to you.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:11 pm 
born to perform.

Season 4 was shot long ago. Season 5 has already been shot, too. Most of it. By the way, Johnny Thompson has left, too. With all the talk about crediting in this topic, I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here.....

What really chaps my @$$ is before they ever show that little twits face on his show, there's an announcement that says:

"Warning. The stunts and illusions demonstrated on this program were DESIGNED and TESTED by Criss Angel, a highly trained professional...."

Tested, maybe.....But DESIGNED? NFW!!!! Before the $%#&@ show gets started he's taking credit for himself! The only thing he designed on that stupid $%#@ show is....is....is....Has he designed anything for the show?!

1. His managers changed his look for him

2. He has writers that design his patter

3. He has people who design his wardrobe

4. His slaves, er..I mean "consultants" design his "demonstrations"

5. His crew members design his sets

6. SparkArt designs his fans.

OMG!!!! What a loser!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:19 pm 
born to perform.

Wow i thought Houchin designed the coin in soda can... wait he did, yet Cri.. "he who must not be named", says he designed it. Angelo I am liking you more with every post you make.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:24 pm 
born to perform.

My point exactly. Every single one of his "demonstrations" are not born from his OWN creativity. However, all but ONE was used with the creator's permission. The walking on water (in the pool) was stolen. The creator of that effect would NOT let "you know who" (his name alone makes me vomit in my mouth) have it. He also refused to sell it to douchebag. So he ripped it off. Lawsuits are STILL in the process over that mess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:40 am 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
My point exactly. Every single one of his "demonstrations" are not born from his OWN creativity. However, all but ONE was used with the creator's permission. The walking on water (in the pool) was stolen. The creator of that effect would NOT let "you know who" (his name alone makes me vomit in my mouth) have it. He also refused to sell it to douchebag. So he ripped it off. Lawsuits are STILL in the process over that mess.

Can you explain more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:43 pm 
Team Penguin

banacheck will have some shows??? thats awesome! I wonder which will be better. Mindfreak or banacheck :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:16 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
banacheck will have some shows??? thats awesome! I wonder which will be better. Mindfreak or banacheck

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Are you @#$%&#@ Me? That's like saying" HMMMMM I wonder what taste's better Dog @$#%(Excuse me Chris Angel) or Steak and Baked Potatoes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next