View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Luke Jermay's EI
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:24 pm 
Penguin

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forums here at Penguin and I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I've got a question:
How can there be reviews for Luke Jermay's EI when it hasn't even been released yet?

Thanks,
-matt1188

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:33 pm 
Penguin

Location: Milky Way, Earth, United States of America, Arkansas
They received the download to watch it online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:46 pm 
Penguin

Ok, that makes sense. It may just be me, but EI looks INSANE! This WILL be in my cart before June 23.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:49 pm 
born to perform.

matt1188 wrote:
Ok, that makes sense. It may just be me, but EI looks INSANE! This WILL be in my cart before June 23.

It's another variation of Max Maven's Desire...
It's good, it's a nice routine for those who need to fill in the layout, I don't have it, but from the demo I can judge.

Max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:13 pm 
Penguin

Bliztmagic wrote:
It's good, it's a nice routine for those who need to fill in the layout, I don't have it, but from the demo I can judge.

Max.

I haven't seen Max Maven's Desire so I don't really have anything to compare this to, but it still seems like a great must-have effect to add to the "impromptu" category of my repertoire...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:00 pm 
Team Penguin

Bliztmagic wrote:
matt1188 wrote:

Max.

Where did you learn that routine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:50 pm 
born to perform.

Popchris wrote:
Bliztmagic wrote:
matt1188 wrote:

Max.

Where did you learn that routine?

Max Maven's Blue book of mentalism 1976, hermetic prod. inc. page 7.

You can also learn it in PRISM page seven too, that routine inspired many, index card, buisiness card routines.

Also Annemann work called Pseudo-Psychometry in practical mental effects in the Envelope Necromancy Chapter, along with Tony Corinda work on marking.

This effect is a variation of material that stands on shoudler of giants, and that is fine, however I'm not saying it's the same than everyone else work, you probably won't find something similar to Luke work, however you can learn those techniques and build a routine using the same tools.

I builded a routine using those techniques as well as some peeks told in Peek Performances by Richard Busch, this is also a book I recommend for index cards, buisiness card effects, you can learn peeks that you can then use on the moment.

You can also use the ever so good Osterlind PCT and have people write something on the back of your buisiness card, or on a index card stock, just play around with it so you know where the ''center'' is.

Richard Busch also has CTs for 3X5 index cards, which is most likely what people use and that can be easily found.

I think building your own make's it much more fun and compelling to perform because you have one to your liking.

I never heard about Luke work on cold reading, the ads says it will come with a small booklet, well I think cold reading will be good to learn with a routine that has sure-fire outs in case, crawl before walking, and if you want to refine your skills in cold reading I think it's the occassion, however don't think you'll be able to guess what people name's are what was the name of their first crush, because most of it relies on lucky guesswork or pre-show, I think your logic will find the awnser.

If you want to start CR, I can't reccomend enough Richard Webster work: Effective and quick Cold reading to learn basic palmistry and kick-start cold reading, you can also work your way with Psychometry from A to Z by Richard Webster which is an original way to do readings since it use a personal object from someone.

(trying to touch all the points).
However, you can have your hands on a spoon feeded routine, you decide.

Max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

Oh,

May I add Elliot Bresler work on billets, which is one of the best invesments I have made this year, you can google '' Switchraft mentalism '', take the first link.

Switchcraft is the tite of the book.

Max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:20 pm 
Penguin

Bliztmagic wrote:
matt1188 wrote:

Max.

Could you please tell me how it is a variation of Maven's desire? I know both routines, and there is nothing same, expect the use of somekind of cards. I find it funny that you judge this so hard and don't even own it.

BTW. it's solid routine in which you can iclude some cold reading and practice it. Luke also teaches few principles and ideas, and if you're looking for a ready routine, this is worth the money. And who knows what kind of ideas you can get from this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:31 pm 
born to perform.

you have to use your creative genius knowledge received from the trick desire to figure out how he does the routine. the second stage at least seems like a trick that cannot be done through this method, but possibly through suggestion. third stage is shown too briefly to know what he is really doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:17 pm 
Penguin

Bliztmagic wrote:
Oh,

May I add Elliot Bresler work on billets, which is one of the best invesments I have made this year, you can google '' Switchraft mentalism '', take the first link.

Switchcraft is the tite of the book.

Max.

Max, thank you so much for recommending Switchcraft.

I'm really glad that you enjoyed the book.

Elliott Bresler

Post subject: Re: Luke Jermay's EI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:02 pm 
Penguin

also insted of useing sex if you are proforming for
miners use social