View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:43 pm 
Emperor Penguin

When someone comes up to you and demands to see a trick ("Hey, do a trick for me" or anything along those lines) it can come off as rude. Plus, David simply doesn't have the time.

Now, if you sat down with him, and actually discussed magic, he probably wouldn't have a problem doing so. But you have to remember that him being famous, he's asked to do tricks constantly. He might whip something out every once in awhile, but for the most part, he's going to have to decline.

It's a natural occurrence with professional magicians. They can't just perform magic all of the time. It gets very tiring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:27 am 
born to perform.

anyways, It is very annoying when someone just comes up to you and says: "Do a Trick!" like they're commanding you to do so like some sort of performing monkey. People have to learn how to be more polite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:15 pm 
Team Penguin

I have a wonderful piece of advice!

How about in response, you...

Do a trick?

You should always be prepared, maybe make a comment like DaveV suggested, but I would definitly perform eventually. Just my style though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:06 pm 
born to perform.

wreksy wrote:
anyways, It is very annoying when someone just comes up to you and says: "Do a Trick!" like they're commanding you to do so like some sort of performing monkey. People have to learn how to be more polite.

I agree 100 %. But at the same time if they are polite, and engage you in conversation, are curious how long you performed magic...etc... ask if it's hard to do, or if it is financially, or artistically rewarding...then ask.." can you show me something now?"

I think that that gets the " performing monkee" feeling out of the way.

And if she happens to be really cute?? Does that influence your decision? Assuming she did not just say " Do a trick Minion!!!" Then again....some guys like girls like that. :P

perfect Example... Kimberly Wyatt is spread eagled on the levitation Chair, smiles at you and growls....' Do a trick!!!" Would you call her rude? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:21 pm 
born to perform.

clarissa35f wrote:
I think that that gets the " performing monkee" feeling out of the way.

And if she happens to be really cute?? Does that influence your decision? Assuming she did not just say " Do a trick Minion!!!" Then again....some guys like girls like that. :P

perfect Example... Kimberly Wyatt is spread eagled on the levitation Chair, smiles at you and growls....' Do a trick!!!" Would you call her rude? lol

I hate arrogant girls, but i guess some guys like that... *Feels like punching those guys in the face* LOL
P.S: your example is awesome, but before anything happened, I would be like:"FTW?!!! what am I doing here?" then I would wake up and I'd probably slap who ever woke me up.:D I wouldn't call that rude because I'm assuming i'm getting something in exchange, or whatever. You got some imagination :lol: . Now i will end this "P.S." because apparently i broke the world record for the Longest "P.S." ever written. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:33 pm 
born to perform.

clarissa35f wrote:

I had a manager that liked to call people (including me) "Minion". She was sarcastic, sadistic, and drop dead gorgeous . . . man I miss having her around.
In fairness, she never managed to call someone "Minion" with a straight face (and I actually suggested the phrase choice). She wasn't "arrogant", she just had a bit of a twisted sense of humor - again, I miss having her around.

Secondly, who's Kimberly Wyatt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:51 pm 
born to perform.

dbaker_creator wrote:
clarissa35f wrote:

I had a manager that liked to call people (including me) "Minion". She was sarcastic, sadistic, and drop dead gorgeous . . . man I miss having her around.
In fairness, she never managed to call someone "Minion" with a straight face (and I actually suggested the phrase choice). She wasn't "arrogant", she just had a bit of a twisted sense of humor - again, I miss having her around.

The Girl from the Pussycat Dolls on Celebra Cadabra. Hot smokin' babe.
check her out on VH-1..I think their website has some of the clips from the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:22 pm 
born to perform.

I prefer just ASKING.... "Excuse me, would you mind doing a trick or two for my friends and I?"

I do get that often but some people just treat me like their performing monkey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:12 pm 
born to perform.

MichaelKras wrote:
I prefer just ASKING.... "Excuse me, would you mind doing a trick or two for my friends and I?"

I do get that often but some people just treat me like their performing monkey.

True, but you just quoted me :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:58 am 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
David Copperfield, for the most part, just doesn't do magic for anyone. If I were to stop him on the street and tell him to show me a magic trick, he most likely wouldn't. There are situations where he will, but no magician can ever be expected to always perform magic and a moments notice.

As far as the public is concerned, a good magician certainly should be able to, (and they expect you to), be able to perform magic at a moment's notice.

That's why I never leave home without at least a TT. EVER. And if I did, I've got one in the car - along with a Hot Rod. I've always got SOMETHING on me or near me. Also, learning to do magic with borrowed objects, (coins, keys, soda cans, etc.), will allow you to meet those expectations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:22 pm 
born to perform.

Of trust me, it's not that I'm not prepared... far from it in fact! I always carry at least 3 decks of cards with me and aome other items as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:11 pm 
born to perform.

clarissa35f wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:
clarissa35f wrote:

The Girl from the Pussycat Dolls on Celebra Cadabra. Hot smokin' babe.
check her out on VH-1..I think their website has some of the clips from the show.

Eh, she's okay. My manager was significantly "hotter".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:13 pm 
born to perform.

dbaker_creator wrote:

Wow, took a while... you gave it some real thought! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:21 pm 
born to perform.

wreksy wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:

Wow, took a while... you gave it some real thought! :lol:

Not really. I havn't looked at the thread since I posted last.
I google searched "Kimberly Whyatt" and saw a few pictures. My descision as to who has greater "hotness" was made within seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:16 pm 
born to perform.

clarissa35f wrote:
I am pretty sure if they ran into David Coppperfield at some restaurant , after gushing and fawning, and getting his autograph they would say... " Do a trick!"

What I wonder about is.... would David Copperfield do one? I know he won't pull out Boxes or a Buzzsaw, but would he do the Rubberband trick? or Vanishing hanky?

As a matter of fact, he would. A couple years ago, some very close friends of mine and I had lunch with Copperfield at a sports grill. He did a ring vanish, a zombie routine with a fork instead of a ball, and a card trick for the servers at the restaurant. He said he sometimes performs little impromptu effects...if he doesn't do SOMETHING, they harrass him until he does or they make fools of themselves.