View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: copper/silver coin same? please help!
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:19 am 
Penguin

so i was just wondering where could i find gold/silver coin just like copper/silver.. so that the other side is silver and the other one gold. so please help, cos I'm kinda new at magic and don't know good sides and all the names of the tricks so: PLEASE HELP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:49 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You'll have to get one custom made. Obviously it isn't going to be cheap. Check out Jamie Schoolcraft, or Roy Kueppers. Not sure which coins you would need to match up, but they may be of help.

I recommend Roy personally. I have been dealing with him for about 6 years.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:50 pm 
born to perform.

HERE is a Half Dollar on one side and an English Penny on the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:40 pm 
Emperor Penguin

As he mentioned, he is wanting to use a GOLD and a SILVER coin.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:57 pm 
Team Penguin

Wait until you aren't "Kinda" new at magic to get props custom made. Practice the routine in front of a mirror with a regular copper and silver. Or change the routine to where it can be done with a copper silver.

Post subject: Re: copper/silver coin same? please help!
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:49 am 
Penguin

taikarami wrote:
so i was just wondering where could i find gold/silver coin just like copper/silver.. so that the other side is silver and the other one gold. so please help, cos I'm kinda new at magic and don't know good sides and all the names of the tricks so: PLEASE HELP!

Hi, Are you looking to have half dollars on both sides? I am just wondering because I separated a gaffed coin and I had another separated half face that I had Anodized gold and rejoined them only to take it apart again years later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:16 pm 
born to perform.

I know of a gimicked coin set on this website that has a silver/gold coin. It would be exposure to tell though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

blackwidowcd wrote:
I know of a gimicked coin set on this website that has a silver/gold coin. It would be exposure to tell though.

So why post? :roll:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Scotch and Soda, just in case anyone cares. It's not exposure when the effect tells you it comes with two gimmicked coins...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:07 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
blackwidowcd wrote:

So why post? :roll:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Scotch and Soda, just in case anyone cares. It's not exposure when the effect tells you it comes with two gimmicked coins...

I posted to tell that something like that exists. You want exposure? It's like hopping halves but it's with a gold and silver coin. It's out of stock though. It can be found by searching "gold and silver".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:25 pm 
Team Penguin

well im asuming you have ever attempted to make gaffs and you have a good hardware backround on hand. try (JUST TRY) taking a thin but durable hacksaw and cutting both a half dollar and english penny in half down the side (like a folding) and then krazy glue them up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:45 pm 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
well im asuming you have ever attempted to make gaffs and you have a good hardware backround on hand. try (JUST TRY) taking a thin but durable hacksaw and cutting both a half dollar and english penny in half down the side (like a folding) and then krazy glue them up.

That is terrible advice. You cannot do this by hand, and you'd be deluding yourself if you think you could do it. Even if you did manage it, the gaff would look awful. Go with a manufacturing company who has the know-how to properly manufacture your coin gaffs.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:01 am 
Emperor Penguin

miniserb725 wrote:
girspiggy wrote:

That is terrible advice. You cannot do this by hand, and you'd be deluding yourself if you think you could do it. Even if you did manage it, the gaff would look awful. Go with a manufacturing company who has the know-how to properly manufacture your coin gaffs.

-JT

Terrible advice indeed :!: ... where would you get a hacksaw blade thin enough to cut through a coin without destroying a good part of the coin ?
Cutting a Coin like that would require a lazer, or at the least the skills of an experienced machinist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:27 pm 
Team Penguin

im just asuming you could do that. arnt the folding coins made like that??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:31 pm 
Team Penguin

try taking a half dollar and gluing it with krazy glue and hot glueing it to an english penny. maybe sand it down completely. idk. i did it with a nickel and a penny before. its not perfect but its secure. im gunna stock up on halves and eglish pennys so when i them ill make it and post a pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:46 pm 

girspiggy wrote:
im just asuming you could do that. arnt the folding coins made like that??

No, not exactly.