View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:41 pm 
born to perform.

ayli wrote:
I came up with a little silk routine for the 3 year olds. Please base your comments on the plot not performance.

http://media.putfile.com/Potential-Silk-Routine

That is a great routine for that young age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:45 pm 
born to perform.

very good! its something with colors and something they can relate to :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:10 pm 
born to perform.

I don't have much experience with kid's shows, so I can't tell you if it will play well for that specific age group, but I do know that it would play well for most kids and it's pretty entertaining.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:26 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks everybody!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:08 am 
born to perform.

Ayli, I can't really offer any advice on the silk routine because we have never taken the "opposite" approach and so I don't have any practical experience to offer as to whether it will play out or not with them. I hope someone else will be able to give you more help in that respect that has tried this with the younger group.

The one thing I can offer up as advice is to tell you that I wouldn't tell a 3-year that they broke your wand. I think there is a good chance they would melt-down and cry not understanding the "joking" aspect. My daughter and I work with a lot of different aged kids, and whereas you'd be surprised how smart they can be, they can also be rather emotional when they think they are being blamed for something or are in trouble.

I hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:22 am 
born to perform.

kristenl wrote:
Ayli, I can't really offer any advice on the silk routine because we have never taken the "opposite" approach and so I don't have any practical experience to offer as to whether it will play out or not with them. I hope someone else will be able to give you more help in that respect that has tried this with the younger group.

The one thing I can offer up as advice is to tell you that I wouldn't tell a 3-year that they broke your wand. I think there is a good chance they would melt-down and cry not understanding the "joking" aspect. My daughter and I work with a lot of different aged kids, and whereas you'd be surprised how smart they can be, they can also be rather emotional when they think they are being blamed for something or are in trouble.

I hope this helps.

I was thinking that same thing. I'd probably say - "What happened? Oh, then I'll fix it for you."

Also, that routine is not based on the "opposite" approach, what part of the routine did you deduce that from?

Post subject: Re: 3 YEAR OLDS?!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:46 pm 
born to perform.

ayli wrote:
1. Will they understand a simple sponge ball routine?

Definitely. I do sponge tricks on my 3 year old cousin all the time and he loves it. Also in AoA (vol. 2 I think) Eric Mead mentions in one of his essays that spongeballs are one of the few tricks that even young kids would understand.

Last edited by salmononius2 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:51 pm 
born to perform.

salmononius2 wrote:
ayli wrote:

Definitely. I do sponge tricks on my 3 year old cousin all the time and he loves it. Also in AoA (vol. 2 I think) Eric Mead mentions in one of his essays that spongeballs are one of the few tricks that even young kids would understand.

All right cool. And can they count to three?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:02 pm 
born to perform.

ayli wrote:
salmononius2 wrote:
ayli wrote:

All right cool. And can they count to three?

Definitely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:35 pm 
born to perform.

ayli wrote:
kristenl wrote:

I hope this helps.

I was thinking that same thing. I'd probably say - "What happened? Oh, then I'll fix it for you."

Also, that routine is not based on the "opposite" approach, what part of the routine did you deduce that from?

I'm sorry Ayli, I truly am running on barely any sleep the last couple of weeks. Please pardon me.

What I meant is that I don't have any practical experience with routining a show for that age group with wanting the kind of vocal response you are asking for in order to make the routine as interactive as you want. That is what I meant to say and I was hoping others would chime in with some practical experience.

Sorry for the mix-up. I think I definitely need to get some sleep tonight. My brain cells obviously need it! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:03 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! (especially Kristen, now go to sleep! :o )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:01 pm 
born to perform.

Guess What?

The shows have been canceled!

Well now I have a new silk, sponge ball, and change bag routine for my next shows!

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:14 pm 
born to perform.

why have they been canceled?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:55 pm 
born to perform.

shteig613 wrote:
why have they been canceled?

They didn't need me to fill up that 45 minute period, go figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:00 pm 
born to perform.

They should have told you earlier- oh well

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next