View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:57 pm 

Richard Kaufman's video goes into a lot of detail on different styles of Passes. The Erdnase set that came out last year is pretty good too. Allan Ackerman's supposed to be releasing an Erdnase set very soon, but I've been hearing that for quite a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:12 am 
Penguin

thanks thats a great help, the Ackerman set sounds like a good buy,
i just bought Ultimate Card Sessions Vol 4: ultimate Sleights.
Allen Ackerman goes into detail on the most complicated sleights, and im learning fast.
no passes though unfortunatly.... thanks for the tips ex

Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:23 pm 
born to perform.

Just my opinion on the pass, I think it's quite a useful sleight, as it gives no explanation like cutting or shuffling as to how the card could be controlled.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:51 pm 
Penguin

I don't think the Classic Pass is a necessity. However, I think it is a unique and useful sleight to control a certain card. I am not at the point where I can do the pass invisibly, although I am have no problem with using a little misdirection to get the job done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:05 pm 
Penguin

When I spoke to Paul Daniels, he performed the invisible pass for me, well, at least he said it was invisible, but he did misdirect me when i come to think of it. He asked be my name which caused me to look at his face, then performed the pass, he told me that this was a great misdirection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:28 am 
Penguin

Hate to post something from my blog ( shamless plug ), but I discuss the points mentioned in this thread to a great detail.

here
http://medifro.wordpress.com/2008/05/30/on-the-pass/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:09 am 
born to perform.

I have been looking at the classic pass for a few years now and never atempted to learn it until i saw jay sankeys new dvd Extremely ambitious. If you want to learn a good few passes in depth and a one handed top palm AND loads of applications i recommend this.

Plus it is sankey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:21 pm 
Penguin

i do not think classic pass is necessary.. but i DO think some kind of pass is necessary.. i like to use it showing off.. or in ACR. personally i love passes. i do riffle,dribble,classic,spread. i love all of them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:13 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
The classic pass is not necessary in magic. There are ways around it. Now I'm not saying that it isn't a great slieght to know, because it can be used to make effects seem even more impossible.

Any pass though, if done properly, will give you the same result as the classic pass. Granted, some are more convincing, some are easier to do, some are more angle proof, and some are just ridiculous. Each pass has it's own advantages, and disadvantages.

Personally though, I would recommending getting Pass with Care by Peter Cassford. In my opinion, it's one of the best sources on the classic pass. He shows that you don't have to perform it very quickly (he actually shows a 10 second pass). He teaches everything you need to know on the classic pass. It's a great source, and I believe it would be beneficial.

Ha! That's the most concise explanation of passes I've seen, I agree 100%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:44 am 
Penguin

Olmagi52 wrote:
The secret to making a pass "invisible", is to execute it when no one is looking. Misdirection is paramount in executing a successful pass.
True. But check out "Akira Fuji classic pass" on Youtube.

Post subject: Re: Classic Pass Necessary?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:15 am 
Penguin

extremely Late reply i know.... but you tube passes !!!!rofl!!!! They are a terrible source to learn from. Even this fellow you speak of probably couldn't perform the pass
so fast as to fool the eye, fooling the camera is unbelievably easy as there is a time delay.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:43 am 
born to perform.

Super late reply. But I recently bought a video from Jonathan kamm, his tutorial on the classic pass. Very good......

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:52 am 
born to perform.

soowee wrote:
Super late reply. But I recently bought a video from Jonathan kamm, his tutorial on the classic pass. Very good......

Good ol' Kammagic, yeah I've heard good things as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:31 am 
born to perform.

Well I have been working on my Classic pass for a good 2 years now and I really think I have something nice. I am still constantly adding little bits to it to clean up the move. Although I can do it invisibly if I care to I often don't as I think it causes little "tells" that I do not notice.

Right now I think I am going to alter my classic pass to more of a jiggle pass. Some points I have found on this pass can make it very deceptive.

As always,
Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:29 am 
born to perform.

Who else has tried the Hermann pass? I actually learned it from learning the Hermann Outjog Pass from the Paper Engine but since then I have used it pretty regular. I like it. It's easy, has good cover and one bad angle.It has the same bad angle I tend to block anyways because a few other moves I know have the same bad angle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next