View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:58 am 
born to perform.

I just want to get a good list of walk-around tricks and I founded the first annual penguin magic english class. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:33 pm 
Team Penguin

DanTong wrote:
Go easy on Paddy, he only trys to help and inform and is almost always 100% on the ball.

Dan.

How long have you been lurking on these forums? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:41 pm 
Verified VIP

Around a month, I saw a couple of Paddys posts and he seemed well inform, so I looked up his other posts and he seems like a real world guy, who knows our business.

Dan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:10 pm 
Penguin

DanTong wrote:
Around a month, I saw a couple of Paddys posts and he seemed well inform, so I looked up his other posts and he seems like a real world guy, who knows our business.

Dan.

Yes Dan, Paddy is a fulltime magician. I'll leave it to him to tell you what he does, because he deserves it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:09 am 

DanTong wrote:

Dan.

Thank you, Dan. Yes I have been around for about 12 yrs as a performer in Cincinnati. Will be seeing Kosmo tonight and hope to be at the Levy with him this week. Missed the busker fest on the Levey because I was working paid gigs Fri, Sat and Sunday, had 8 jobs in 3 days, 3 restaurants and 5 parties. That's why I am posting this at 4 AM on Tues.

Thanks for the compliments from one of the very best in the business.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:58 am 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
DanTong wrote:

Dan.

Thank you, Dan. Yes I have been around for about 12 yrs as a performer in Cincinnati. Will be seeing Kosmo tonight and hope to be at the Levy with him this week. Missed the busker fest on the Levey because I was working paid gigs Fri, Sat and Sunday, had 8 jobs in 3 days, 3 restaurants and 5 parties. That's why I am posting this at 4 AM on Tues.

Thanks for the compliments from one of the very best in the business.

Paddy

Paddy do you make a living off of doing magic only?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:58 am 

Maloney123 wrote:
Quote:
Paddy do you make a living off of doing magic only?

Yes. I also do balloons in restaurants but the magic is alway in the act. We, as magicians, I should say entertainers, create our own reality. Then we invite the audience into our world for a short time. When we leave them they should me mystified at what they just thought they saw.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:48 am 
born to perform.

*cough* still off-topic *cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:42 pm 

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
*cough* still off-topic *cough*

No, we are not off topic. The original post you made was
Quote:
What are your favorite tricks for walk-around venues. The tricks you like to perform the most in resturaunts or bars. My personal favorite is color monte.

The key word in that question is "perform" any idiot can do a trick. In fact I always have said that dogs and hookers do tricks. We perform effects. We are talking about the performance of effects because THAT is what gets the OOOH's and AHHHH's from the audience, not just doing the trick.

Post subject: Re: Not Dan Tong
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:14 pm 
born to perform.

Anyway, cards and coins would be perfect for restaurant. I wouldn't use sponge balls not only because they could fall into food but because of the angles with other people from other tables watching you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:44 pm 

Maloney123 wrote:
Anyway, cards and coins would be perfect for restaurant. I wouldn't use sponge balls not only because they could fall into food but because of the angles with other people from other tables watching you.

A Good performer can perform Sponge Balls close-up and surrounded. I do it all the time. Also note I do not perform Restaurant magic while the guests are dining. I am there to entertain while they are waiting for their meal, not during.

How many Restaurants gigs have you performed?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:51 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:

A Good performer can perform Sponge Balls close-up and surrounded. I do it all the time. Also note I do not perform Restaurant magic while the guests are dining. I am there to entertain while they are waiting for their meal, not during.

How many Restaurants gigs have you performed?

None. I'm just going by what I think. And yes, I have also done sponge balls surrounded, but I don't like doing it.