View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How is this??
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:06 am 
Team Penguin

How is this for a stage act.

-water to ice rocco style
-snowstorm fan
-appearing assistant
-rocco's appearing money
-criss angel leg vanish into bisection
-multiplying billiard balls
-hypnotizing assistant into david blaine head spin
-the version of the cake pan from celebracedabra.
-metamorphosis
-appearing fish bowl then fish then fish food then a dove

how is this??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:11 am 
Emperor Penguin

That's like a good 2 hour show, with proper presentation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:36 am 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
That's like a good 2 hour show, with proper presentation.

Exactly what I was thinking. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:49 pm 
born to perform.

Pretty good line up. But your time is off....It's actually only a little over an hours' worth. Two hours worth would mean that you had to average a whopping 12 minutes on each trick. That's a LONG time for each trick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:31 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
Pretty good line up. But your time is off....It's actually only a little over an hours' worth. Two hours worth would mean that you had to average a whopping 12 minutes on each trick. That's a LONG time for each trick!

I think that Metamorphosis can go longer then 12 minutes, but thats just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:38 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah..That one can be dragged out....But you have to consider the length of the others, too. You can't drag them all out or your show will get very boring. Even with the best patter....Keep it moving....you don't want your audience thinking, "Come on! Get on with it already!" Because once you lose them...It's hard to get them back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:00 am 
Emperor Penguin

You forget that between each effect, you are going to have a few minutes interlude, especially before and after the illusions. That is, of course, unless all these effects tie into each other and he is on stage the entire time with each effect going right into the next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:26 pm 
born to perform.

Oh, I didn't forget....I do this for a living, and have for a number of years. I am fully aware of transition times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:14 am 
Team Penguin

well i shouldve pointed this out, but this is for a tallent show so the effects wont be 12 minutes long. but if I do get a good response I might try to go with this and make it a full stage illusion show. But I put little effects such as my bill trick in between each big effect. So I will have maybe my metamorphosis then a jumbo card routine or something then a cake appearance. this gives my assistant time to go offstage and get the next item I need to perform with. My metamorphosis isnt what you are used to seeing. What I do is I have 2 hula-hoops with cloth tying them together so I have a tube. and My assistand goes inside of it and holds it up, then I quickly run behind it and then the change happens and it is my assistant and Im inside the tube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:58 pm 
born to perform.

Haha, wish I could see you perform sounds fun :)

just 1 question, how big are your billiard balls and will the furthest spectator in the room be able to see them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:22 pm 
Team Penguin

sebishungry wrote:
Haha, wish I could see you perform sounds fun :)

just 1 question, how big are your billiard balls and will the furthest spectator in the room be able to see them?
id say... Its like I took an egg, got rid of the top pointy piece, rounded it off, then multiplied it by 4. so its like the acrylic balls. but I dont use a shell. and I reinforced them by putting red glitter on them so the light will reflect them and make it more visible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:22 am 
born to perform.

sounds very impressive, no shell either... very nice. I don't see a point in shells either but since I have 1 I feel like I have to use it :shock: good luck with your performance :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:01 am 
Penguin

I know this is a few months old, but i believe that this is important to anyone interested in stage magic:
First of all, do not put billiard balls and metamorphosis together. Perhaps, lead up to bigger and bigger illusions (yes, actual physical size) but never, never, never put a tiny thing next to a big thing. It will kill the presentation of the balls. Your Audience will psychologically almost instantaneously forget your billiard balls when they see the metamorphosis. However, as your metamorphosis is only involving a "curtain hula hoop", then i suppose this rule doesn't apply so strongly.

Secondly, talent quest? over an hour performance? WOW! I never get more than 10 min!

Thirdly, and more importantly... entertaining. As a stage magician you should study the works and performances of a variety of people. E.g David Williamson and David Copperfield. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Williamson may only do 2 tricks for the entire 30-40 minutes he's up there while Copperfield will do maybe 4-5. Copperfield's illusions are REALLY entertaining, while Williamson's illusions (or rather tricks) are average. It's his GODLIKE entertaining skills that make him my idol magician. He will crack jokes at any perfect opportunity and turn any performance into humorous mayhem. While keeping his audience rolling in tears and laughter he'll perform his illusion for the night. People will forever remember him throwing cards at 'that kid' and throwing cards at 'that kid'...AGAIN! Copperfield's illusion are so darn good that he doesn't need patter, just his handsome, mysterious money making face.

My point is 12 min for a trick is easy if you don't just perform the trick, but instead perform and entertain your audience with your patter and pink tie. Audience love the unexpected, so don't do trick after trick.