View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Great Routine
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:11 am 
Penguin

If I'm doing Restaurants then I'll stick with ACR, B-2 Bomber, Coin Bite, Sponge Balls, Nickels to Dimes, and I might use my Marked Stripper Deck. If I'm in one place the whole time, (like at the park) then I'll do all of these and Cups and Balls, and the Invisible Deck for the past year most of these have been working for me (most because I didn't get the B-2 Bomber, Coin Bite, Nickels to Dimes and my Marked Stripper Deck until later...) I think they are great tricks, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:54 am 
born to perform.

Man that is one dodgy routine, sorry to say, but you wouldn't last 1 night in a restaurant with a routine like that no offense, and if you are table hopping cup and balls would be bad as it takes up to much space, and I'd watch out as the B2- Bomber will have angle issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:17 am 
Penguin

orcishorde wrote:
Man that is one dodgy routine, sorry to say, but you wouldnt last 1 night in a restaurant with a routine like that no affence, and if you are table hopping cup and balls would be bad as it takes up to much space, and id watch out as the B2- Bomber will have angle issues.

I've lasted almost a year (so far) with this, and if you paid attention, you would realize that I said I wouldn't be table hopping when I do cups and balls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:19 am 
born to perform.

metzykid wrote:
orcishorde wrote:
Man that is one dodgy routine, sorry to say, but you wouldnt last 1 night in a restaurant with a routine like that no affence, and if you are table hopping cup and balls would be bad as it takes up to much space, and id watch out as the B2- Bomber will have angle issues.

I've lasted almost a year (so far) with this, and if you paid attention, you would realize that I said I wouldn't be table hopping when I do cups and balls.

Whatever Floats you boat, not my problem im just trying to give some advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:04 am 
born to perform.

I agree with orcishorde.
I am curious as to how those effects all flow together in the routine... :?

Something to consider, is that a professional restaurant magician here gave the advice NEVER to do bite-out quarter in a restaurant.
Can you guess why?
Would you want somebody sticking your coin in their mouth, only to chew it up, then spit a piece of it back on. Would you take that quarter back, and enjoy it as a souvenir, all the while thinking about the spit that just flew into your drink when that piece of coin was spat back into place?
I wouldn't.

Just take that into consideration when forming a routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:18 am 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
I can't see that flowing well, for example how dop you use the B2 Bommber to success with no other paper money effects, do you just ask tehm to borrow a note, stab it, and that's that and then carry on? Can't see it flowing or the building up of excitment or comedy.

Who knows, just what it seems to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:42 am 

If you were in any of the restaurants I work at you would be thrown out the first time you did the coin bite. Sorry but I don't believe you when you say that you have been doing restaurant entertaining for a year when you have such a poor inventory of effects.

Yes, I did doubt your veracity.

Last edited by paddy on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:13 am 
Penguin

What happened to the art of structuring? I see so many people here just throwing together some tricks they know. Of course, if he does actually manage to create flow and good structure with that routine, he can feel free to come back and chew me out. But it doesn't sound like that, it sounds like it was a bunch of "David Blaine" tricks (deep sarcasm here :) thrown together

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:37 am 
born to perform.

a basic routine i use is

- 2 card monte (oz Pearlman's with different patter)

- Waving the Aces (uses the 2 jokers from the 2 card monte, note - this effect i got off E somewhere i dont actually know the real effects name but it was referred to as waving the aces)

and finish off by using the 2 jokers again form waving the aces in my ACR so i dont need to do turn over get ready's everything is all set

So all the tricks flow and i can keep the same deck the only thing i need is for waving the aces i get them to sign the card which the card is then used AGAIN in the ACR.

the only badside is the joker or card that i use for the 2 card monte because they play a effect on the other 2 effect they tend to get dirtier and wear out alot fast that the other card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:28 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Orci, waving the aces is a effect from Guy Hollingworth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:46 pm 
born to perform.

Here is one set of mine:

~Screwed Up Sponges (my sponge ball routine)
~Money Paddle
~Purple Money (a simple TT routine with a bill and a silk)

In this set, I first tell the audience I want to show them one of the classic magic tricks, but the sponges keep causing mischief. I try to get just one sponge alone, but they keep multiplying, even in the spectator's hands. Finally, I just make them all vanish, saying that sponge magic was never my "thing," and that I like money magic best.
Money Paddle follows, then I use the bill from the paddle to finish with Purple Money.

One problem with this set is that Money Paddle takes a little while to reset; it's not instant, which would be ideal. Of course, after doing it so many times, I can reset in about fifteen seconds, so it squeaks by.