View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Well it looks like criss got a bigger budget
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:09 am 
born to perform.

To pay for all the extra stooges! It was a good show though; if, that is, you watch it like a layman. I think magicians complain about criss to much. He's creating magic for people by using deceptive techniques. Sound like anything familiar. We lie to our audiences all the time. Deception the basis for what we do. Are we so much better than criss just because we do it on our own (i.e. without the aid of stooges). Why do we think that telling an audience that you don't know someone who you do in fact know is so much worse than telling the audience that a coin is in one hand while it's really in the other. They're both lies used to accomplish an apparent miracle.

Anyway's, Let me know what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:03 am 
born to perform.

because some of us don't have money for stooges ;) so we actually have to try hard to impress our spectators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:37 pm 
born to perform.

We are mad because more than a few times I have been asked to walk on water or vanish a person on the spot, "cuz dat angel guy can do it".

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:36 pm 
born to perform.

I think the only part of the show that used a stooge is the one where he cut the dues head open. If that was real, he would have been charged or in jail or something. Sick show though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:49 pm 
Penguin

I know seriously. The only thing that looked like it would need a stooge would be the cut open the head thing. Using two stooges, one to ask to pick any random person and then the other stooge that the first stooge picked. Which is just like what any stage magician would do like David Copperfeild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:02 pm 

According to Banachek and Luke Jermay, he doesn't use nearly as many stooges as people (Magicians) think he does. The thing is that when magicians can't figure something out, the automatically scream stooge. Either way, the majority of David Copperfield's spectators are on the payroll and no one complains about him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:11 pm 
born to perform.

juliegel wrote:
We are mad because more than a few times I have been asked to walk on water or vanish a person on the spot, "cuz dat angel guy can do it".

Juliegel

I know! sometimes you can't even do some amazing trick like twisted sisters without some person shouting out "but can you walk on water!?", but i'm sure if we had Criss' budget anyone could...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:17 pm 

Maybe it's the areas that I live in, but no one ever asks me to do that. I hear about others getting it every day, but I never hear it. Not even when I'm working in the magic shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:20 pm 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
Maybe it's the areas that I live in, but no one ever asks me to do that. I hear about others getting it every day, but I never hear it. Not even when I'm working in the magic shop.

Yeah me either. I'll do a trick and they'll clap and respect me for me. Like I'm not Criss Angel so why ask me to do something that he did. But people never tell me what to do. I show a trick and walk away as they freak out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:22 pm 

That's the thing, I look nothing at all like him. I don't dress like him, I don't perform like him, there art really no similarities. That may be the issue for the others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:26 pm 
Penguin

Exactly. I mean some people may brag and say they are better than what you see on tv leading someone to say, "Well this guy named Criss Angel walked on water so you can do that?'....When I do something I don't brag I don't say anything about it. I just watch there reactions and love it. So they have no reason to say anything like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:30 pm 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:

I have, never been asked to do what angel does. Most of my friends have never seen the show at all. And even when I perform for somebody who has seen him they don't yell out, "but can you do what criss angel did?". If they mention him at all it's usually something like "wow, your like that criss angel guy." Not because I look, act, dress, speak, or perform anything like him. They just wanted something to say so they can look cool in front of everyone else and they haven't seen much magic other than Criss angel so that's what they say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:35 pm 
Penguin

acebrawler73 wrote:
exodus wrote:

I have, never been asked to do what angel does. Most of my friends have never seen the show at all. And even when I perform for somebody who has seen him they don't yell out, "but can you do what criss angel did?". If they mention him at all it's usually something like "wow, your like that criss angel guy." Not because I look, act, dress, speak, or perform anything like him. They just wanted something to say so they can look cool in front of everyone else and they haven't seen much magic other than Criss angel so that's what they say.

Yeah that makes since. I actually have had people say that. Just for a compliment saying I should be famous and etc. But still never had anyone tell me to do something he did. Just saying, "Your like Criss Angel thats awesome!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:02 pm 
born to perform.

Exactly. And I think if your magic is good engough (that is to say amazing, interesting, and magical enough) then they should just be thinking about what you just did and appreciating it. If they ask for something else that they think is better then you may not have done your job quite right.

I don't mean to make assumptions about anyone's skills or abilitys but I just think that if your magic was really as strong as you think it was then you wouldn't have your spectators asking for something else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:30 am 
born to perform.

I hear about Criss Angel EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE. Well except when I'm off, and when we're not very busy at the shop I work at during our off season, which is anytime except the summer mostly. It gets really, really, really annoying.

I'm so sick of being asked to make people disapear, to float stuff, to make myself float, to walk on water, how Angel levitates, if he is real, if he's the best magician ever, how he walks on water, why I don't like Angel, why Angel is not very talented, and why magicians in general dislike Angel.

The only trick Criss Angel can do is make stupid people think he is amazing when he is really just another stupid person like them.

It has nothing to do with how anyone performs anything, it only has to do with Angel himself and his stupid show.