View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:09 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:
That's exactly what I meant, thanks for pointing out what I tried to explain. I just seem to be unable to make it short! :wink:
Well when it comes to Criss, I do care- but not about his personal life, but about his influence on me and that's a positive one. And as an artist, he captivates me like no other.

As I said, you're entitled to your own opinion. I'm glad you're captivated. I'm just sorry it's Angel who's done it. Just do us a favor and stay away from Sharon Tate's house. The older ones here will get that reference. :wink:

I hereby make a motion that from henceforth, Christopher Nicholas Sarantakos, a.k.a. Criss Angel, shall be called Voldemort. LOL. Actually, I like "He who shall not be named". I can take 20 showers in a row and still not get the taint of Criss Angel of me after watching or looking at him. :!:

I second the motion!

Any thirds.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:17 pm 
born to perform.

juliegel wrote:
I second the motion!

Any thirds.

Juliegel

Here here!! Revolt!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:43 pm 
Penguin

MichalAngelo wrote:
Just do us a favor and stay away from Sharon Tate's house. The older ones here will get that reference. :wink:

This "joke" was definitely not funny. It's lowest level to say something like this.
I don't have to be older to understand what you wanted to hint at with that comment, but please do everybody a favour and don't make such a sick, savorless reference again! :x :evil:

P.S.: Who the heck is Voldemort?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:06 am 
born to perform.

This is Voldemort.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Voldemort

I must say they do share the same jaw line.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:16 am 
born to perform.

I am
Lord
Voldemort

=

Tom
Marvolo
Riddle

Last edited by sebishungry on Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:16 am 
born to perform.

LoyalAnanya wrote:
MichalAngelo wrote:
Just do us a favor and stay away from Sharon Tate's house. The older ones here will get that reference. :wink:

This "joke" was definitely not funny. It's lowest level to say something like this.
I don't have to be older to understand what you wanted to hint at with that comment, but please do everybody a favour and don't make such a sick, savorless reference again! :x :evil:

P.S.: Who the heck is Voldemort?

Wasn't trying to make a funny remark, and I wasn't saying it as a joke. What implies that it was a joke? I didn't say "HaHa" or "Lol" or :D or :lol: or :P . I didn't say "JK" as in "just kidding". I wasn't joking. It may be sick, but I reserve the right to say what I want....one of the many freedoms we have in the United States of America. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:37 am 
Penguin

Ah, a Harry Potter character. Thanks Juliegel. I guess it may be funny for those who have read the books, which I never did. :)

MichalAngelo, the 1.reason was the :wink: you put after the comment. The 2.was that I thought it would be better to take it as a sick joke than as a seriously sick comment... Because in this case, it's even worse. Do I really need to explain why? :roll:
Sure, you have the right to say something like that. But for several reasons, you shouldn't say something like that. That's all I said, and I have the right to get angry about it.

Edited P.S.: I forgot to mention, the freedom of speach is limited in a forum with several rules. And in my opinion, what you said was crossing the line of acceptable behaviour. But however, bashing and harassment is also forbidden, and I've seen so many hateful comments in the Blaine/Angel thread that I don't really care anymore... except this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:58 pm 
born to perform.

Then take it up with the mods. There's nothing in the rules that states that I can't make reference to a sick cult leader and his brainwashed followers and the heinous crimes they commit. As for all the bashing of Angel, go back and read the threads in this forum...There are more negative comments than positive ones. And the threads are placed in the appropriate forum. If Angel cares to appear and take up for himself, he's more than welcome to.

And as far as me making comments that you think I "shouldn't", I don't need you to be my moral compass. I'm going to drop the subject now and we'll just to agree to disagree on the subject. Let's get back on topic here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:16 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
Then take it up with the mods. There's nothing in the rules that states that I can't make reference to a sick cult leader and his brainwashed followers and the heinous crimes they commit. As for all the bashing of Angel, go back and read the threads in this forum...There are more negative comments than positive ones. And the threads are placed in the appropriate forum. If Angel cares to appear and take up for himself, he's more than welcome to.

And as far as me making comments that you think I "shouldn't", I don't need you to be my moral compass. I'm going to drop the subject now and we'll just to agree to disagree on the subject. Let's get back on topic here.

And why does everyone hate Angel so much, like really, what has he done thats so bad? He has magic back in the spotlight, thats good for all of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:27 pm 
born to perform.

Because of the way he treats the art of magic, his egotistical attitude, his use of stooges, plants, editing, etc...that he SWEARS he does not use, his taking credit for ideas that are NOT his. He may have put the spotlight on magic, but he's moved it to himself. There's a difference in fooling your audience and just blatantly LYING to them. He thanks his "Loyals" and praises them to the camera and to the "Loyals" themselves, but expresses disgust for them behind closed doors and when the camera is off. He has no appreciation for the people that put him where he has. And these are just a FEW of the reasons. Anyone else care to add to the list?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:34 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Established professionals who have been performing for 10 or more years hate Angel, newcomers/amateurs love him, as do most laymen. Mainly due to ignorance or lack of education. As I already stated many times in the past, this hack creates unnecessary and unrealistic expectations for real-world performers; who do not have the luxury of using stooges and hiding behind a camera.

Laymen actually believe it is possible to get under a garbage can and appear on a roof. If you cannot do it too, well then you suck and Angel is better than you. When quite the contrary the exact opposite is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:05 pm 

I suggested a few months ago that Blaine and Angel DO NOT deserve their very own Forum section. Perhaps I should bring it up again.

There are so many more Talented Magicians out there that are grossly under appreciated, a few in fact that Criss Angel has stepped on climbing to his status...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:16 pm 
born to perform.

That is absolutely true. However, they have their own forum because they are the popular ones with Penguin's demographic, the 10-17 age bracket. Sort of the "Flavor of the Month" if you will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:09 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah Blaine and Angel generate far more income for Penguin than any other magicians sadly. They don't find out about them, the good ones; until later on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:11 pm 
born to perform.

Why not change this forum to "TV Magic", at least angel won't be in the name and it won't be as limited to just 2 magicians.

Juliegel

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next