View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:00 pm 
born to perform.

Nicholas96 wrote:
I don't understand why your hating on camera tricks so much. I'm not the biggest fan of them, but hey, if they get your job done for you, why not do them. Regardless the method, as ling as your entertaining your audience, in this case viewers, it's fine.

The problem with camera tricks is, that they cheapen the art. They do so in many ways, I will mention just a few.

Using camera tricks is a short cut to real skill. There are plenty of real magicians that practice hour after hour to get that retention vanish just right. There are many real magicians that practice just as much on their DL, or on ther double undercut.

Using camera tricks is a way of getting your audience to close their eyes, and Not watch durung a crucial part of the trick... why learn misdirection then? It's funny, people say " On TV you cannot misdirect." that is just sheer lazyness. Marc Wilson never used camera tricks. Dai Vernon never used camera tricks.

using camera tricks is also dangerous because the audience expects that no camera trickery is used. When you violate the public trust in this way, if it ever gets out that you used camera trickery ALL magicians suffer.

In my mind no one has any business doing something in front of a camera that they cannot do live. If it has a greater effect in front of a camera then it is the camera doing the trick. If you cannot perform it live, you cannot perform it.

I always saw the camera as a way to report to those unable to come see the event in person. It should be a mirror of what took place. A person watching on TV should be assured that what they saw on TV was what was seen live. Criss is going to ruin this perception. Because fact is, it WILL get out, Nothing is a secret for long... Eventually it WILL come out. And then all you will hear about The Pendragons metamorphosis is (they have practiced and practiced and practiced until they can get it down to what... half a second?... a tenth?)" Oh that's easy they just cut, and she get's in the box, while hubby climbs on the box, and then they roll again... the audience??? all paid stooges." Is it fair to The Pendragons when they do this effect on TV that people suddenly go " ho hum... camera trickery, and paid stooges FTW!!!" ??

Maybe this is what you want magic to become, but I sure as heck don't.

Post subject: criss' beard
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:48 pm 
Penguin

i dont really think criss angel looks like a hobo but, i think he needs to shave. i mean what kinnd of excuse is " i didn't have time to". all though i still love him, no matter wat he looks like. here's wat i do when i look at him , picture him w/t out the beard:!: :!: :!: :!:

Post subject: Re: criss' beard
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:53 pm 
born to perform.

dontmeswitcrissangel wrote:
i dont really think criss angel looks like a hobo but, i think he needs to shave. i mean what kinnd of excuse is " i didn't have time to". all though i still love him, no matter wat he looks like. here's wat i do when i look at him , picture him w/t out the beard:!: :!: :!: :!:

Are you a girl?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:16 pm 
Penguin

yes, and does it matter. y do u ask? :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

dontmeswitcrissangel wrote:
yes, and does it matter. y do u ask? :|

He likes you. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:40 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I forgot about this thread, brings me back.

*goes and looks at the girl on the front page*

:shock: