View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:16 pm 
Penguin

MichalAngelo, now I see that you really didn't understand why in my opinion your comment was crossing the line. It's not about bashing Criss Angel who will probably never read all that. It was basically the fact that you referred me and every other Loyal out there to a bunch of sick murderers!
However, nobody else seems to care or understand my point, let's leave it at that. I find it sad though, I was thinking it's possible to discuss on a level where we treat each other with respect, no matter what personal opinion each of us has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:54 pm 
born to perform.

juliegel wrote:
Why not change this forum to "TV Magic", at least angel won't be in the name and it won't be as limited to just 2 magicians.

Juliegel

I fully agree with that. That is a GREAT idea. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:55 pm 
Penguin

hahaahahahahahaaha I find it [edited] histerical how [edited] the majority of people on here are that you'd go through so much trouble to try to convince people that Angel shouldn't be respected. That to me just goes to say, "I'm hating on Criss for being a famous magicain that some people like." YES. Thats [edited].
Does anyone second that? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:08 pm 

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
hahaahahahahahaaha I find it [edited] histerical how [edited] the majority of people on here are that you'd go through so much trouble to try to convince people that Angel shouldn't be respected. That to me just goes to say, "I'm hating on Criss for being a famous magicain that some people like." YES. Thats [edited].
Does anyone second that? :roll:

No I do not second anything you have to say. If you knew anything about the Professional Working Magicians community, you would know that Criss Angel has zero respect and it has nothing to do with professional jealousy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Well those with even an ounce of experience and intellect, do have to go through a lot of trouble to convince Angel's fans. I think your post/username just demonstrated why, and as you can also see, or probably not; it really does not do any good. Most of Angel's "fanboys" have about the same amount of intelligence and common sense as he does, and let's just say that is not very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:54 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
Well those with even an ounce of experience and intellect, do have to go through a lot of trouble to convince Angel's fans. I think your post/username just demonstrated why, and as you can also see, or probably not; it really does not do any good. Most of Angel's "fanboys" have about the same amount of intelligence and common sense as he does, and let's just say that is not very much.

So the next one is starting to dis other users here. Now everybody who likes Criss Angel's art is called stupid... very adult behaviour! :roll:
I'm asking myself, why do people with experience and intellect even want to convince his fans? Why do you even care? I mean, if I for example don't like a certain magician, or a celebrity or whatever, I would never try to convince a fan of that person to change his/her mind. It's their life and their decisions, not mine.
But I also don't understand what's bad about wanting good magic... am I stupid now...? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:45 am 
Emperor Penguin

Yes even more so, if you believe that Criss does "good magic." Criss does neither of the two. Any bum off of the streets can come in and do what Criss does on TV. Which is where education comes in, anyone experienced enough in the art knows this. Criss' actual magic skill is mediocre at best, which is why he relies on stooges and editing so much.

But yeah it is getting old repeating myself year after year to some new fanboy who comes along yet again who thinks Criss is a magician, and eventually wakes up and sees the light after doing a little research. Check page one of this forum and begin reading. If you think Criss does good magic, you have not seen many magicians. Not only is Criss not proficient at sleight of hand, his personality is very obnoxious and self-centered, with no real skills to back it up.

So why he even has any fans will always be a mystery to me. At least Blaine has some skills and I actually like him, because he does legitimate magic for the most part. So there goes the fame and jealousy theory out the window, to which I already said many times that I seek neither. But the money without the fame would be nice. Criss is simply a poor byproduct of Blaine, and he should be kissing his butt for allowing his show to even exist. Without Blaine to copy there would be no Siss Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:03 am 
Penguin

Well that's your opinion, mine is different. No need to argue, that's my point. However, you try to state a general definition of "good magic" and that's just impossible, because everybody defines for himself what he thinks good magic is. For me, there are several points: It has to be entertaining. When I watch it, it has to make me feel the magic and be worth remembering. If it's something amazing that blows my mind, is worth spending time to think about it and inspires me, then it's really great. If it's something new and creative, that I've never seen before- or even something that has never been done before- it raises a huge emotional effect inside of me, and for me emotions are what's most important in my life. That's why Criss is so famous and has so many loyal fans. He brought it to a new level, he surprises and does thought-provoking things.
For other people good magic is more about technique, for me it's more about what it makes me feel. And Criss is the one who gave me something back that I had already lost. You can't understand that if you don't feel the same, and I don't expect you to. I never said that I don't like other magicians as well. I'm amazed everytime when I see a performance of Jeff McBride, just for example. I admire his perfection in using a deck of cards. I'm just more emotionally envolved when I see the things Criss does, and it's not fair to call me stupid for what I like. I don't call you stupid for claiming Criss had no skill, though I could discuss about that by listing a lot of examples if I wanted to. But I don't feel the need to do. And I guess you're also not interested. So please, let's just leave it at that and agree to disagree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:36 pm 

BTW - This video came out when Criss Angel was close to 16 years old. So No he did not invent this illusion and No he did not make it famous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bEu9wLDjKY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:42 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
BTW - This video came out when Criss Angel was close to 16 years old. So No he did not invent this illusion and No he did not make it famous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bEu9wLDjKY

Holy Cow, this makes The Cars the greatest magicians ever according to the logic of LoyalAnanya. The Cars did the exact same thing as criss, before he did AND they put it to music. What do you have to say to that.
:lol:

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:05 pm 
Penguin

juliegel wrote:
Holy Cow, this makes The Cars the greatest magicians ever according to the logic of LoyalAnanya.

Haha. :roll: But I don't take it personal, it just shows me that you don't understand me. Or do you really want to start now to refer music videos and Hollywood movies to the art of illusion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:02 pm 
Penguin

[Edited]

I had to edit this because of your potty language and rude response. Do you kiss yout mother with that mouth? - Moderator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:47 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
iwantgoodmagic wrote:
[Edited]

I had to edit this because of your potty language and rude response. Do you kiss yout mother with that mouth? - Moderator.

Wow, why didn't you just delete it?

Right? But if all the language was BASHING Criss it would have stayed there. Am I right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:49 pm 

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
iwantgoodmagic wrote:
[Edited]

Wow, why didn't you just delete it?

Right? But if all the language was BASHING Criss it would have stayed there. Am I right?

No - you can say how much you Love Criss Angel. You can prase him until you turn blue in the face, but choose your language next time or there won't be a next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:07 pm 
Penguin

I was just mad because all of my posts on the topic Criss Angel in the hall of fame was gone for no reason what so ever.. I stayed on topic the entire time...I used no bad language...So why was it gone? If my stuffs gonna get deleted for no reason I might as well give you a reason huh?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next