View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I've just found this Criss Angel interview...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:48 pm 
Penguin

I was searching around for news on Criss Angel and the upcoming Clearwater escape, and found this new interview:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninter ... 745640.ece

I find it very interesting, he talks about Mindfreak and Believe, but much more about his way of life and what he thinks about people's reactions on him, the positive and the negative ones, and how he handles them.
If you wonder why I made this topic: I think there's something interesting in it for everybody. If you like him, you will be interested anyway, and if you don't like him, there are some statements adressed to you.
(First I wanted to post the link to the interview in another topic, but this way you can discuss it and state your opinions without going too much off-topic anywhere else, and I think that will be appreciated by some people.)

So, what do you think about it? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:57 pm 
Penguin

Great interview, I liked it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:08 pm 
born to perform.

Wait for the comment guys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:39 pm 
born to perform.

Oh my god, it was like totally awesome. Did you know that criss does REAL magic and who can resist that lisp. He is the best magician that ever existed and here is proof of how his amazing powers work.

http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/archive/in ... 08064.html

You all just be jealous of criss because he has invented every trick in the world. He even invented air. That's right he owns the copyright, every time you breath he gets a nickle.

:lol: :roll:

You think this sounds ridiculous, well this is all professional magicians hear in your Angel love fest.

But have a nice day.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:51 pm 
born to perform.

juliegel wrote:
Oh my god, it was like totally awesome. Did you know that criss does REAL magic and who can resist that lisp. He is the best magician that ever existed and here is proof of how his amazing powers work.

http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/archive/in ... 08064.html

You all just be jealous of criss because he has invented every trick in the world. He even invented air. That's right he owns the copyright, every time you breath he gets a nickle.

:lol: :roll:

You think this sounds ridiculous, well this is all professional magicians hear in your Angel love fest.

But have a nice day.

Juliegel

Very nice. haha you made me laugh at how stupid that comment was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:27 pm 
born to perform.

Wow.

That TOTALLY changed the way I think about Criss Angel. I did think he was a joke and an insult to magic, but now I'm Loyal, I believe, and I know Angel is Houdini reincarnated!!!

Thanks for wasting my time with an interview full of nothing but crap just to hype up Mindfreak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:45 am 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney- Why do you spam this forum with posts that waste everyone's time? You do not have to post to everything that is said about Criss. If people really want to, they will respond to these threads without you trying to coerce them.

As for the interview, it just another sign of Criss Angel blowing his own horn. He shows a lack of knowledge on Houdini. Houdini was never against psychics. Quite the opposite, he wanted to find someone who could contact the dead. What he was out against was the charlatans who used simple magic tricks in order to fool people and prey on them. The reason Houdini gave Bess a secret word (as well secret words to many of his other close friends) is because he wanted to continue with his search. He believe that it may be possible to contact the dead, and if it happened that it was possible, he wanted to make sure people knew that it was for real.

He also inflates his ego by saying that the magicians who hate him really are just insecure with themselves and basically worship him anyway. His logic is so very flawed.

I never finished the whole interview though, so I won't comment on anymore of it. I just can't read much of what he says because it makes me want to vomit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:16 pm 
Penguin

Ok here's a little feedback from me. First of all I'm glad that you guys didn't lose your sense of humor! :lol:
The sarcastic comments made me laugh, though I appreciate more the serious comments that actually reply to the substance.

thecooltonto wrote:
Thanks for wasting my time with an interview full of nothing but crap just to hype up Mindfreak.

I didn't post it to hype up anything. I don't need to, and especially not in this forum! :wink: I respect your opinion about the interview, but wonder why you even read it if it's a waste of time for you?

However... and to fallingblood, thanks for a serious and detailed reply. The only thing I don't understand is why you carpet Maloney for "spamming" when he's just stating his opinion as well and replies to someone else's post. Other people do exactly the same... for example some of those who don't like Criss Angel post comments only to say how stupid they find comments of Loyals like me... For this topic, I would rather call Juliegel's comment spam because it's funny but he doesn't say anything on topic. I'm saying that just for example- it's only my 2 cents and personally I don't care and really don't want to start an argument.
When I started this topic I just hoped that more people would actually state their opinion about some certain parts of the interview and contribute something serious... To be honest I was very curious about how people would reply to 2 certain parts: 1. what he says about the people who spend a lot of their lifetime to state how much they hate him, and 2. what he says about the magician of the year awards. I thought these statements could be worth a serious discussion. I think all of you know what I think of them, so I don't have to say that again! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:43 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I singled out Maloney for one reason. Looking at these posts in the David Blaine/Criss Angel forum, I've seen him respond to pretty much everything on Criss Angel. Yet his replies add absolutely nothing. Mainly they are either to bump the thread, or to give him a higher post count. For instance
Maloney wrote:
Wait for the comment guys...
Add nothing at all. The only reason for a comment like this is to either bump the thread up, or to bump his posts. He says absolutely nothing in his response. And he's done it on a number of occassions now. It equals nothing more than spam.

I had to go reread part of that interview, as you mentioned he said something about winning the Magician of the Year. The way in which he mentions it shows how much respect he has for the magic community. It was a complete insult and he doesn't deserve the respect that was given to him when he was given the Magician of the Year title. I don't think he deserves it in the first place, but the way he insults it as well as the magic community shows that he deserves it even less.

One more thing. In an earlier interview, before he got big, he stated that he was a musician before a magician. He told of how he wanted to make it big as a musician. As we know now, he failed at that. I mention that because it shows just how much he will lie and distort reality. He says that he's wanted to be a magician from the time he was six. That that was his dream and what not. That's a lie though, because in an earlier interview he said the same thing about music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:43 pm 
Penguin

I can contribute something to the music & magic issue: it's not a lie, just a little confusing. In his book he describes that more detailed.
He started playing the drums when he was about 6 years old, and short time later he learned his first magic trick. Magic was his call, but he never wanted to be limited to one thing- besides magic and music he also studied martial arts, for example. He says that he always saw himself more as a rockstar than as a typical magician and later tried to combine both art forms by producing his own music for his stage show. In his youth he found it cooler to be a musician than a magician and went on with music, but never gave up the magic.
This variety of his art is one reason why I became such a big fan. And without much doubt the reason why I think different about many of his statements than most of you here is that I was a Loyal before I started to learn magic. I really like the fact that he's a provocateur... and when he calls the magician of the year awards nonsense compared to the make a wish foundation, he's right in my opinion. As everything, it can be seen from different angles, and for me it's really interesting to learn about the point of view of experienced magicians, and I do my best to try and understand it, though it won't change mine.