View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: T-shirt Advertising
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:58 pm 
born to perform.

Hi everyone,

I don't know how many of my professional friends here use t-shirts to advertise, however I just found a good deal. Not sure of the quality yet as I am waiting for my first order. They would also be good for "stage crews" if you use them.

I have done t-shirts from zazzle.com in the past, but they are expensive. I don't do "runs" as I have no need for that many. However, my daughter, husband, and me will wear a t-shirt advertising her website from time-to-time when the situation warrants it. (i.e. before a performance setting up, a day at the park where there tend to be families, etc.)

I have used Overnightprints for a while now for business cards and postcards. Just the other day I received an email that they were now doing t-shirts. One sided will run you $12.95 and double sided just $17.95. For small runs, trust me, that is a good price! Also sign up for their subscriptions as they routinely send out coupons. I got $10.00 off my first order.

We did a design in the front in the upper left hand corner that just says her website, on the back we have her name boldly strewn with a colorful caricature of her underneath.

I will let you know how the quality looks once I receive it.

Take care my friends!

:D Kristen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:08 pm 
born to perform.

Do you have to pay for a website? I'd like to get one, things are getting serious where I live. And I hope you enjoy the shirts and hopefully they are good quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:25 pm 
Team Penguin

I use T-Shirts, but have a local friend who runs a Screening shop...so that's where I end up getting mine done at. Shirts are really cool and have helped gain a few bookings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:03 pm 
born to perform.

LOL...sounds like a nice friend to have Kyle! :wink:

Yes, we pay for our website. I do not suggest putting up a website until you CAN afford a paid website. In my opinion free websites do not put forth a professional image.

I spent a lot of time designing and developing my daughter's website. A lot of thought went into it. Your website needs to reflect YOU as sometimes it can be the FIRST impression a client receives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:11 pm 
born to perform.

kristenl wrote:

Yes, we pay for our website. I do not suggest putting up a website until you CAN afford a paid website. In my opinion free websites do not put forth a professional image.

I spent a lot of time designing and developing my daughter's website. A lot of thought went into it. Your website needs to reflect YOU as sometimes it can be the FIRST impression a client receives.

Oh I know. I'm just looking for a price range on how much it is, PM me if you can please. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:16 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
kristenl wrote:

Oh I know. I'm just looking for a price range on how much it is, PM me if you can please. :)

Go to HostMonster.com and check them out. I got my site for around 100 dollars for a 2 year contract. www.anythingmagic.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:17 pm 
born to perform.

Not bad. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:14 pm 
born to perform.

I pay $7.95 per month, it was part of a package deal I got through A.T. & T web hosting. Normally it was $11.95 per month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 pm 
Penguin

Could you also use it as a gift? i.e. as part of a birthday package? Like the birthday child gets to help in part of the routiine,learns a magic trick,and gets a free ( fill in whatever ) shirt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:24 pm 
born to perform.

kristenl wrote:
I pay $7.95 per month, it was part of a package deal I got through A.T. & T web hosting. Normally it was $11.95 per month.

Can you give me a link to your site, it sounds like you've put a lot of effort into it so it must be good. Also, I still don't know how to go about getting my own site. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:29 am 
born to perform.

I'm sorry Maloney, but I do not put any personal information out here about my daughter on the forum or in PMs. Some of the older members will understand why :wink: I am a rather protective mom! (<--understatement) I have a couple of good friends here, one being Paddy, and they are the only ones that I share information with such as her website, videos, routining, etc. However we have friendships that extend beyond the forum and we enjoy emailing one another and talking about magic, life in general, kids, etc. We even talk on the phone every once in a while.

If you do some research on the forum you will find that I did write up a long article once about what I personally thought made up a good website. Although, it is strictly my personal opinion and may differ from other opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:14 pm 
born to perform.

kristenl wrote:
I'm sorry Maloney, but I do not put any personal information out here about my daughter on the forum or in PMs. Some of the older members will understand why :wink: I am a rather protective mom! (<--understatement) I have a couple of good friends here, one being Paddy, and they are the only ones that I share information with such as her website, videos, routining, etc. However we have friendships that extend beyond the forum and we enjoy emailing one another and talking about magic, life in general, kids, etc. We even talk on the phone every once in a while.

If you do some research on the forum you will find that I did write up a long article once about what I personally thought made up a good website. Although, it is strictly my personal opinion and may differ from other opinions.

No worries, I understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:14 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I use CafePress, great quality and very inexpensive. Also the logo is ingrained so it never fades like iron-ons do. Usually costs around $18.00 front and back for a shirt. I put my caricature on all kinds of stuff from that site. They start at about $14.99.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:19 pm 
Emperor Penguin

kristenl wrote:

Yeah we used to talk frequently but not lately. I saw the website awhile back, so now I feel very special. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:58 am 
born to perform.

Sirbrad, you should check out the website now. Its changed since last time you saw it. There is a public domain and also a private one that gives a lot more info. Depending on when you saw you may need an updated link to access the private site. You can check out her latest award, testimonial, and videos. :D Just PM me if you'd like the updated link.