View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:56 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 253
Maloney123 wrote:
I am 14 my friend, and yes I know that's how it went. But you could see that the second door was locked. How did he get out?


That explains everything!

What do you mean how did he get out? As soon as the pre-recorded footage takes over he just exists the building through an alternate route. He never intended to get through all those locked doors.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:06 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 335
I'll find out if that was how it was done. I watched it again and true that is the only way I can think of how it could have been done. But Clearwater Florida is where my Uncle Buster lives. (the same great uncle as ive said before in another topic is very good at hypnosis) I've before been personally introduced to all my great uncle's good friends and it just so happens that the cop that put the handcuffs on Criss along with the firemen and other police are people I've been introduced to and know my great uncle. If I called up my Uncle Buster he could find out *snap* like that everything about the escape. Because as you know (or maybe not I don't know) when an esacpe is done that appears to be that dangerous the police that go to the scene have to know exactly how it's being done so if something were to go wrong they could know what to try to do to save the persons life. So since my great uncle's such good friends with pretty much all the police on the scene last night he could call them up and get them to tell him how it was done. Of cource his friends would trust that he tell no one and be sworn to secretcy but if he simply asked them if he could just tell me then they would because i'm a trusting person. Everyone trusts me and if I say I'm doing something I do and if I said I would not tell ANYONE something then you can trust I'm not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:26 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
iwantgoodmagic wrote:
I'll find out if that was how it was done. I watched it again and true that is the only way I can think of how it could have been done. But Clearwater Florida is where my Uncle Buster lives. (the same great uncle as ive said before in another topic is very good at hypnosis) I've before been personally introduced to all my great uncle's good friends and it just so happens that the cop that put the handcuffs on Criss along with the firemen and other police are people I've been introduced to and know my great uncle. If I called up my Uncle Buster he could find out *snap* like that everything about the escape. Because as you know (or maybe not I don't know) when an esacpe is done that appears to be that dangerous the police that go to the scene have to know exactly how it's being done so if something were to go wrong they could know what to try to do to save the persons life. So since my great uncle's such good friends with pretty much all the police on the scene last night he could call them up and get them to tell him how it was done. Of cource his friends would trust that he tell no one and be sworn to secretcy but if he simply asked them if he could just tell me then they would because i'm a trusting person. Everyone trusts me and if I say I'm doing something I do and if I said I would not tell ANYONE something then you can trust I'm not.


You'd tell me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 395
Location: In Your Mind!!!!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Did you see the look on his face before he started? He was scared out of his mind. He was in danger. If he didn't manage to get the first two doors open, he would have died.


Actually the stipulations were that he had to pick the cuffs. Make it through three doors,a trapdoor, get on a helicopter and leave. As for getting through the second door he could have had a bolt cutter or crowbar stashed in the room,a hole cut to crawl through to the adjoining room. Heck it could have been a suite and he walked laughing through an unlocked door to run downstairs and get out. If he didn't get on the helicopter he was supposed to die. That was the stipulation.

Quote:
I can't believe anyone who wish his death, I wouldn't wish death on anyone, even my enemies.


Yes I want him gone. No I say I wan't him dead but I don't. Because he won't die. He's not in danger! It's Not Real!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:01 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
sirbrad wrote:
Criss has NEVER been in any real danger in his life, not on his show anyway.


Such a claim shows total ignorance. Of course a lot of what looks like real danger, is not. That's part of the illusion and necessary to achieve the audience emotionally engaged.
But there are so many examples of situations where real danger is involved, where anything could go wrong. In his book Criss admits that he's not a daredevil- he and his team do anything to keep him as safe as possible, but that's never a guarantee. How can you think that there's no danger involved when somebody sets himself on fire, suspends his body from fishhooks on a helicopter, gets buried alive or lays on a bed of nails and lets a car roll over his chest... just to name a few. Anything could go wrong when you do something like this, it's not supposed to happen, but if it's something technical that goes wrong, or that you lose concentration for a moment, or panic and pass out- there is real danger.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:18 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11157
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
I think you just exhibited and continue to exhibit who is totally ignorant here. I have invested 30 years in the industry, 20 years as a full-time professional. How about you? How many books have you published on the subject, or how many essays on magic theory have you written? I doubt you have more than a month of experience judging by your posts. There is a lot more behind what Criss is doing than you obviously know, and you are only going by what you see on TV. I know what the requirements are, and I know for a fact that Criss does not do most of his so-called stunts, and uses doubles.

Before you start calling people ignorant, try to actually learn something about the art and look as though you know what you are talking about as opposed to looking like a "prying layman," in which your lack of knowledge clearly insinuates. I could explain every precise detail why Criss is not doing what he wants you believe he is, but of course that would be exposure, even though he is not doing anything magical at all. I am not wasting even more time trying to convince another fanboy, as you never get anywhere anyway.

In a few years you will look back hopefully and realize just how ignorant YOU are. Hopefully as soon as you get into high school, but that seems to be very far away. Many professionals "badmouth" Angel for very good reasons, reasons that most kiddies who have no real-world experience will never know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:08 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
sirbrad wrote:
I think you just exhibited and continue to exhibit who is totally ignorant here. I have invested 30 years in the industry, 20 years as a full-time professional. How about you? How many books have you published on the subject, or how many essays on magic theory have you written? I doubt you have more than a month of experience judging by your posts. There is a lot more behind what Criss is doing than you obviously know, and you are only going by what you see on TV. I know what the requirements are, and I know for a fact that Criss does not do most of his so-called stunts, and uses doubles.

Before you start calling people ignorant, try to actually learn something about the art and look as though you know what you are talking about as opposed to looking like a "prying layman," in which your lack of knowledge clearly insinuates. I could explain every precise detail why Criss is not doing what he wants you believe he is, but of course that would be exposure, even though he is not doing anything magical at all. I am not wasting even more time trying to convince another fanboy, as you never get anywhere anyway.

In a few years you will look back hopefully and realize just how ignorant YOU are. Hopefully as soon as you get into high school, but that seems to be very far away. Many professionals "badmouth" Angel for very good reasons, reasons that most kiddies who have no real-world experience will never know.


Bravo. And then you say he's ignorant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:15 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1738
Location: The John Hughes movie fan club.
Maloney123 wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
I think you just exhibited and continue to exhibit who is totally ignorant here. I have invested 30 years in the industry, 20 years as a full-time professional. How about you? How many books have you published on the subject, or how many essays on magic theory have you written? I doubt you have more than a month of experience judging by your posts. There is a lot more behind what Criss is doing than you obviously know, and you are only going by what you see on TV. I know what the requirements are, and I know for a fact that Criss does not do most of his so-called stunts, and uses doubles.

Before you start calling people ignorant, try to actually learn something about the art and look as though you know what you are talking about as opposed to looking like a "prying layman," in which your lack of knowledge clearly insinuates. I could explain every precise detail why Criss is not doing what he wants you believe he is, but of course that would be exposure, even though he is not doing anything magical at all. I am not wasting even more time trying to convince another fanboy, as you never get anywhere anyway.

In a few years you will look back hopefully and realize just how ignorant YOU are. Hopefully as soon as you get into high school, but that seems to be very far away. Many professionals "badmouth" Angel for very good reasons, reasons that most kiddies who have no real-world experience will never know.


Bravo. And then you say he's ignorant.



I thought you were all for criss. Only a couple posts ago you were saying how scared and real he was in his stunts.


Juliegel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:57 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
Have to clarify some points... and to ask for claryfiing as well.

sirbrad wrote:
Before you start calling people ignorant, try to actually learn something about the art


I didn't call you ignorant, I called your comment ignorant, that's a difference. And if you read my post carefully, you should have realized that I only listed some logical points. You actually didn't reply to anything I said. So do you think that there's not a grain of danger when you use fire for an illusion, stunt or whatever?! Come on. That's one of the examples where it was not danger for his life, but danger to get hurt.
And I never claimed that I know everything, and I didn't affect you on a personal level, so why the heck do you do?! Why isn't it possible to talk on a level where everybody respects each other's opinion?


sirbrad wrote:
I am not wasting even more time trying to convince another fanboy, as you never get anywhere anyway.

In a few years you will look back hopefully and realize just how ignorant YOU are. Hopefully as soon as you get into high school, but that seems to be very far away. Many professionals "badmouth" Angel for very good reasons, reasons that most kiddies who have no real-world experience will never know.


I don't know who of us you mean here, but if you meant me, I'm a 23-year-old woman. And if you believe me or not, and I don't care if you do, I have without much doubt more life experience than many others of my age.
And I have in-depth reasons for being a Loyal of Criss, but I'd like to repeat once more that it's not a very gentle behaviour to bash other people for their opinions, their beliefs or simply for what they like! If you believe it or not, there are ways to say that you disagree without affecting anybody on a personal level. :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:06 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1738
Location: The John Hughes movie fan club.
LoyalAnanya wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
Criss has NEVER been in any real danger in his life, not on his show anyway.


Such a claim shows total ignorance. Of course a lot of what looks like real danger, is not. That's part of the illusion and necessary to achieve the audience emotionally engaged.
But there are so many examples of situations where real danger is involved, where anything could go wrong. In his book Criss admits that he's not a daredevil- he and his team do anything to keep him as safe as possible, but that's never a guarantee. How can you think that there's no danger involved when somebody sets himself on fire, suspends his body from fishhooks on a helicopter, gets buried alive or lays on a bed of nails and lets a car roll over his chest... just to name a few. Anything could go wrong when you do something like this, it's not supposed to happen, but if it's something technical that goes wrong, or that you lose concentration for a moment, or panic and pass out- there is real danger.



Then what was that. You said that what he said showed his ignorance.


Juliegel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:19 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
Juliegel, I already explained that I meant the claim, not the person. But maybe I used wrong grammar so you misunderstood it, you know that english is not my 1.language.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1738
Location: The John Hughes movie fan club.
LoyalAnanya wrote:
Juliegel, I already explained that I meant the claim, not the person. But maybe I used wrong grammar so you misunderstood it, you know that english is not my 1.language.


Well still... But for someone who's first language was not English you actually have pretty good grammar.


Juliegel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
juliegel wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:
Juliegel, I already explained that I meant the claim, not the person. But maybe I used wrong grammar so you misunderstood it, you know that english is not my 1.language.


Well still... But for someone who's first language was not English you actually have pretty good grammar.


Juliegel



Thank you! Well I have to look up many words in an online dictionary and sometimes I'm not sure if my grammar is correct or if I really used the best word to describe something, but I'm trying my best. :)
But when I look back, I feel that I was misunderstood in more then one post I made, so sometimes I'm not sure why... Maybe it's not so much about grammar mistakes, but more about that some things I say have another meaning than I think they have, especially in sentence constructions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:15 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
juliegel wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
I think you just exhibited and continue to exhibit who is totally ignorant here. I have invested 30 years in the industry, 20 years as a full-time professional. How about you? How many books have you published on the subject, or how many essays on magic theory have you written? I doubt you have more than a month of experience judging by your posts. There is a lot more behind what Criss is doing than you obviously know, and you are only going by what you see on TV. I know what the requirements are, and I know for a fact that Criss does not do most of his so-called stunts, and uses doubles.

Before you start calling people ignorant, try to actually learn something about the art and look as though you know what you are talking about as opposed to looking like a "prying layman," in which your lack of knowledge clearly insinuates. I could explain every precise detail why Criss is not doing what he wants you believe he is, but of course that would be exposure, even though he is not doing anything magical at all. I am not wasting even more time trying to convince another fanboy, as you never get anywhere anyway.

In a few years you will look back hopefully and realize just how ignorant YOU are. Hopefully as soon as you get into high school, but that seems to be very far away. Many professionals "badmouth" Angel for very good reasons, reasons that most kiddies who have no real-world experience will never know.


Bravo. And then you say he's ignorant.



I thought you were all for criss. Only a couple posts ago you were saying how scared and real he was in his stunts.


Juliegel


I am all for Criss. What are you trying to say?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:19 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11157
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
Ah, so you are another girl who likes Angel, that explains it. You are probably just attracted to his metrosexual image not his fake "stunts," in which I could not understand why anyone would be attracted to either. But whatever. I prefer to look up to true masters of prestidigitation, as opposed to camera tricksters. So we will agree to disagree indeed.

If he got you interested in magic great, but if you want grow in the art I suggest you start looking for better idols.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.