View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:03 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
sirbrad wrote:
Ah, so you are another girl who likes Angel, that explains it. You are probably just attracted to his metrosexual image not his fake "stunts," in which I could not understand why anyone would be attracted to either. But whatever. I prefer to look up to true masters of prestidigitation, as opposed to camera tricksters. So we will agree to disagree indeed.

If he got you interested in magic great, but if you want grow in the art I suggest you start looking for better idols.



Yes, agree to disagree. Well I have to admit that in my eyes he looks like "the perfect man", but that's definitely not the reason why I became a Loyal! :wink:
What I admire the most, and how he got me interested in magic, was in first line the emotional effect he creates... when I watched one of his illusions for the first time, I was literally feeling the magic. I loved magic as a kid, but anytime I got uninterested in it, and didn't watch much of it anymore... if I remember right, the masked magician was one reason. Criss brought the emotional impact back to me, and in turn I wanted to do magic myself. I look up to other magicians as well, but the thing is, those I love to watch today I didn't even know before I saw Criss. Without him I wouldn't be here today, and I will always be grateful for that. I would probably have never seen masters like Jeff McBride or Lance Burton. I would have never known about Steve Fearson, and now I'm practicing his Floating Cigarette...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:19 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11157
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
Well if an "ideological bigot" is the perfect man in your opinion, you are set. :lol: Criss is a [edited] who has an ego that has no discernible skill to back it up. Most girls would like an idiot like Angel, someone arrogant yet stupid...someone rich who looks homeless...It is far too easy to go on and on...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:53 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 395
Location: In Your Mind!!!!!!!
Well based on the fact that you like him because of the tricks,I don't know but Banachek and Luke Jermey might be close matches for you as well. How? Oh every trick he preforms come from them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:14 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
Hey guys, I'm definitely not going to argue about Criss' personality- I have a different opinion and believe that in his heart he's a good person, but I don't know him in private life, and that's all I have to say.
But sirbrad, when I said that in my eyes he looks like the perfect man, I actually meant his appearance, how he looks! :wink: It was a reply to what you said before, and one can't argue about taste.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:33 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
LoyalAnanya wrote:
Hey guys, I'm definitely not going to argue about Criss' personality- I have a different opinion and believe that in his heart he's a good person, but I don't know him in private life, and that's all I have to say.
But sirbrad, when I said that in my eyes he looks like the perfect man, I actually meant his appearance, how he looks! :wink: It was a reply to what you said before, and one can't argue about taste.


If you're a girl, then it's completely normal to think Criss is "hot". Criss is a nice person, and does everything for his fans.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:37 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
Maloney123 wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:
Hey guys, I'm definitely not going to argue about Criss' personality- I have a different opinion and believe that in his heart he's a good person, but I don't know him in private life, and that's all I have to say.
But sirbrad, when I said that in my eyes he looks like the perfect man, I actually meant his appearance, how he looks! :wink: It was a reply to what you said before, and one can't argue about taste.


If you're a girl, then it's completely normal to think Criss is "hot". Criss is a nice person, and does everything for his fans.



Yes, I absolutely agree here. He spends a lot of time to please his fans and to make everyone who meets him feel very special. Some people argument that this is normal, because he needs the fans, but he does a lot more for us than most of other "celebrities".
And that's what I tried to point out in the past... he cares more about his fans and the general audience than about what other magicians think of him. He knows that it's the people out there who decide about the success or breakdown, and he gives us all he can.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:45 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
LoyalAnanya wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:
Hey guys, I'm definitely not going to argue about Criss' personality- I have a different opinion and believe that in his heart he's a good person, but I don't know him in private life, and that's all I have to say.
But sirbrad, when I said that in my eyes he looks like the perfect man, I actually meant his appearance, how he looks! :wink: It was a reply to what you said before, and one can't argue about taste.


If you're a girl, then it's completely normal to think Criss is "hot". Criss is a nice person, and does everything for his fans.



Yes, I absolutely agree here. He spends a lot of time to please his fans and to make everyone who meets him feel very special. Some people argument that this is normal, because he needs the fans, but he does a lot more for us than most of other "celebrities".
And that's what I tried to point out in the past... he cares more about his fans and the general audience than about what other magicians think of him. He knows that it's the people out there who decide about the success or breakdown, and he gives us all he can.


Couldn't of said it better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11157
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
I guess your idea of a perfect man is also one who is 40 years old, dresses like a 20 year old hobo, and cheats on his wife with celebrities. Standards of most girls seem very low today. Appearance? Well I guess if you are into metro-sexual and feminine looking guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:30 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
sirbrad wrote:
I guess your idea of a perfect man is also one who is 40 years old, dresses like a 20 year old hobo, and cheats on his wife with celebrities. Standards of most girls seem very low today. Appearance? Well I guess if you are into metro-sexual and feminine looking guys.


Since when does he have a wife.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 1525
sirbrad wrote:
I guess your idea of a perfect man is also one who is 40 years old, dresses like a 20 year old hobo, and cheats on his wife with celebrities. Standards of most girls seem very low today. Appearance? Well I guess if you are into metro-sexual and feminine looking guys.


^

you sir just made my day :D

and he no longer has a wife... she left him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:33 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
sebishungry wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
I guess your idea of a perfect man is also one who is 40 years old, dresses like a 20 year old hobo, and cheats on his wife with celebrities. Standards of most girls seem very low today. Appearance? Well I guess if you are into metro-sexual and feminine looking guys.


^

you sir just made my day :D

and he no longer has a wife... she left him.


Good. Why would a celebrity tie himself down when they could have any girl in the world? Beats me. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11157
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
Who is ignorant now? That is the difference, I do the research thoroughly before making factual statements. He left her actually, and cheated on her with Cameron Diaz and other celebrities. That is the problem with Siss Angel's few defenders here, they do not actually know anything about him or who he is off camera. Angel, I mean "Sarantakos" is a piece of crap, plain and simple.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... attle.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:40 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 1525
I obviously said it wrong to see if any of the fans would notice :wink:
*don't blame me i'm not a fan* :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:54 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 335
sirbrad wrote:
Well if an "ideological bigot" is the perfect man in your opinion, you are set. :lol: Criss is a [/b][edited][/b] who has an ego that has no discernible skill to back it up. Most girls would like an idiot like Angel, someone arrogant yet stupid...someone rich who looks homeless...It is far too easy to go on and on...

ooooo u cussed!!! I did that and got in trouble!!! I bet you won't!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:15 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11157
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
Actually it was not a cuss word, so I do not know why it was edited. If Penguin thinks pri ck is a bad word that is sad.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.