View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:55 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
Actually it was not a cuss word, so I do not know why it was edited. If Penguin thinks pri ck is a bad word that is sad.

Everything is edited around here. Even g a y.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:59 pm 
born to perform.

So I feel it makes it nice. I don't approve of cussing but then again I also would never tell someone to stop. It is the mods and penguins choice what to edit. But It is true that you loyals don't know as much about criss as you should to be making these statements.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:05 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
Quote:
If you're a girl, then it's completely normal to think Criss is "hot". Criss is a nice person, and does everything for his fans.

Hm and what about his magician fans??? Oh wait there are none. Because he will continually put down magician after magician famous or not to make hinself better! That's what he does to have fun. Look at the show Phenomenon. He went out of his way to kill any chance a guy who put together a pretty good act of a seance just to promote himself and give him a exclusive envelope to reveal on Mindfreak. And guess what? He hasn't yet. Because Chrissy has realised what a Jack*** this made him look like. He loves the attention of his fans who are laypeople that have no clue what a fake that he is!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:45 pm 
Penguin

PatrickS wrote:

Hm and what about his magician fans??? Oh wait there are none. Because he will continually put down magician after magician famous or not to make hinself better! That's what he does to have fun. Look at the show Phenomenon. He went out of his way to kill any chance a guy who put together a pretty good act of a seance just to promote himself and give him a exclusive envelope to reveal on Mindfreak. And guess what? He hasn't yet. Because Chrissy has realised what a Jack*** this made him look like. He loves the attention of his fans who are laypeople that have no clue what a fake that he is!

Actually he revealed the envelope contents on Phenomenon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:01 pm 
Penguin

He made two envelopes. One he reveled on phenomenon. The other he said he was saving as an exclusive for his show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:14 am 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
Actually it was not a cuss word, so I do not know why it was edited. If Penguin thinks pri ck is a bad word that is sad.

EXACTLY! I completly agree. Stuff like that and p issed and stuff was all edited but I still was called a potty mouth cuz it all would show up as edited. :cry:
But I agree it is sad p rick is considered cussing on here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:36 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
I guess your idea of a perfect man is also one who is 40 years old, dresses like a 20 year old hobo, and cheats on his wife with celebrities. Standards of most girls seem very low today. Appearance? Well I guess if you are into metro-sexual and feminine looking guys.

Like I said, we see him in a different light. For me his age doesn't matter, and I like how he looks, but it's not that important to me. (I didn't like the beard for example, but I didn't care about it.) What you're doing is putting down and judging my taste, just because yours is different so you can't understand mine.
And I don't give a rush on tabloid crap about private lifes... but I'll give you a statement below:

sirbrad wrote:
Who is ignorant now? That is the difference, I do the research thoroughly before making factual statements. He left her actually, and cheated on her with Cameron Diaz and other celebrities. That is the problem with Siss Angel's few defenders here, they do not actually know anything about him or who he is off camera.

And that's the misunderstanding here. I'm a Loyal who does her homework in research. :wink:
Seriously, JoAnne Sarantakos filed for divorce yet 2006. All the press and tabloid interest about Criss Angel's private life, the divorce and the Cement Block Escape dedication, after what Joanne decided to go to the press, began about one year later. Since that, there have been several various statements from both of them.
The result is, nobody than the people involved know the truth behind the scenes, and I will never understand the heated word battles between "fanatic" fans and "fanatic" haters that appear under some online news sites- though it's somehow entertaining to read them from time to time.
:lol:
If you want to know my personal opinion, I'm neutral to all the tabloid crap, and don't adjudicate on anybody. Some people are able to draw lines between the art, the public appearance and the private life of a famous artist, and accept the fact that the latter is nothing to us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:07 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Keep those blinders on. Some day hopefully you will see the light trying to get in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:52 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
Keep those blinders on. Some day hopefully you will see the light trying to get in.

My attitude is just the total opposite than yours in these cases, I believe in different things than you, no need to argue or to call other people blind. My eyes and my mind are wide open.

PatrickS wrote:

The funny thing is, I've heard statements like this about the great Houdini here as well... Seriously, I don't remember exactly and I'm not so familiar with Houdini's personal life. But in another thread there was a discussion referring Criss to Houdini and there were statements like, Houdini had a huge ego and was egotistical, challenging other magicians instead of respecting them, wanted to put others down for his own fame and so on. So I guess magicians of his time didn't like him? But nevertheless he became legend. Actually, I don't refer Criss to Houdini here, but I refer the circumstances... Criss captivated the general audience and got many dedicated fans, like Houdini did, while most of other professional magicians seem to hate him. Interesting, isn't it? Now, who decides about success or breakdown? The audience, the "laymen".

Oh, and my little 2 cents about Callahan, the thing has been discussed sooo often: I doubt that many people would have remembered his name without this incident. I guess Criss even did him a favor, when I see how many of those who don't like Criss automatically take Callahan's side... In my opinion, the guy is a joke. And again, I did my research; he's still posting in forum boards and chat rooms about his "powers", and you won't find any disclaimer on his website saying that it's just entertainment. Instead, he's actually hiring people to work for him after death! :lol: Seriously, that's why he was and still is crossing a line. If what Criss did in this case was ethically or not, I absolutely understand his reasons.
And isn't it also a rule in the magic business not to abuse your knowledge and try to make people believe you had supernatural powers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:12 pm 
born to perform.

Can we stop arguing now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:27 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
Can we stop arguing now?

This is the human race. We never stop arguing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:28 pm 
born to perform.

jrandom wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
Can we stop arguing now?

This is the human race. We never stop arguing!

True enough. Let's keep going now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:12 pm 
Penguin

People always talk on here about how Criss uses paid actors and its SO obvious there actors. Well that was the case with Phenomenon to me. They seemed they were acting like a big fight was about to break out on Phenomenon with Criss Angel!! Tell your friends so Phenomenon can get more publicity! I like how the annoying host kept saying, "This is a LIVE show so anything can happen." Oh really anything??? LIKE CRISS ANGEL FIGHTING JIM!!!! TURN AROUND!!!
Notice how Jim didn't even throw a punch untill AFTER he knew the host was already holding him back. ....it just seemed to me as the whole phenomenon thing was set up to get higher ratings on the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:33 pm 

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
People always talk on here about how Criss uses paid actors and its SO obvious there actors. Well that was the case with Phenomenon to me. They seemed they were acting like a big fight was about to break out on Phenomenon with Criss Angel!! Tell your friends so Phenomenon can get more publicity! I like how the annoying host kept saying, "This is a LIVE show so anything can happen." Oh really anything??? LIKE CRISS ANGEL FIGHTING JIM!!!! TURN AROUND!!!
Notice how Jim didn't even throw a punch untill AFTER he knew the host was already holding him back. ....it just seemed to me as the whole phenomenon thing was set up to get higher ratings on the show.

I consider Jim Callahan personal magic colleague and we correspond often. I also know a few magicians that attended the Phenomenon taping, one who had actually been sitting very close to Criss Angel. (In fact he came out with some friends from England last night to see my Magic Castle show).

Read carefully, I will not repeat this: The fight was unrehearsed and unplanned. Criss Angel started the fight and went completely off script and off show; even when the show went to commercial break, Criss carried on and on and on and it took the producers and Uri Gellar a lot of time to calm him down.

He was ranting about how he is right and intimated how HE was the star of the show. Forget the fact that this was Uri Gellar’s Show and Criss was a celebrity guest (choke).

This singular act by Criss Angel tipped the scales from un-respected magician to full-on dislike. It’s reprehensible for Criss to attack a fellow performer on live television. He proved beyond a doubt that he only wants the spot-light on himself and no-one else.

Sure – the layman, uneducated and ill-informed still have the stardust in their eyes how Criss is terrific and the last word in magic. If you idolize him for whatever reason, good for you; but I promise, when you learn more about the history of magic and take the time to see true magicians work, you will change your mind faster than you can say “stooge”.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:51 pm 
Penguin

No argument there. I just thought it very well could have been set up. I really don't know though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next