View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:19 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
Put that aside for a second. Do you think he is a good magician minus the attitude?

No. He had his effects bottlefed to him by Sankey,Jeremey,and Banachek. He didn't learn anything except how to go to his advisors and say "I would like to do this" and then have an effect handed to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:02 pm 
born to perform.

PatrickS wrote:
Quote:
Put that aside for a second. Do you think he is a good magician minus the attitude?

No. He had his effects bottlefed to him by Sankey,Jeremey,and Banachek. He didn't learn anything except how to go to his advisors and say "I would like to do this" and then have an effect handed to him.

Exactly what I was saying with the Verizon thing. I never knew Sankey worked for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:56 pm 
born to perform.

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
PatrickS wrote:
Quote:

Exactly what I was saying with the Verizon thing. I never knew Sankey worked for him.

Sankey worked for him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:37 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
PatrickS wrote:
Quote:

Sankey worked for him?

idk, I did see Criss do wrap it up by Sankey but Sankey was never ON the show.....and don't we say "I'd like to acheive this effect" and then come to penguin and have it handed to us? (for some money of cource) which advisors of Criss Angel are paid too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:01 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Sankey said Criss was all about Criss, and not a team player at all. He only wanted to do things his way. That is why Sankey made fun of him in his video on youtube. That is the problem with most of Criss' fanboys as I said, they do not know actually anything about him. The more you learn the less you like him.

Sankey was not seen because was a consultant, and Criss wants no one else to receive any credit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:43 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
Sankey said Criss was all about Criss, and not a team player at all. He only wanted to do things his way. That is why Sankey made fun of him in his video on youtube. That is the problem with most of Criss' fanboys as I said, they do not know actually anything about him. The more you learn the less you like him.

Sankey was not seen because was a consultant, and Criss wants no one else to receive any credit.

Jermay and Banachek were shown often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:04 pm 
Team Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
You were shaking? Lol! It is a FAKE TV show.

Everything we do is fake, but this seriously looked like he was going to die. I don't care what anyone say, Criss is my idol, and my reason to do magic. I hate it when people badmouth him.

Dude, I have to say when I was younger and less expirienced, I would watch his show and come out inspired. I have been in magic long enough now to see that he has no respect for the art and can't perform. If he is still your idol, while I can't tell you what to do, I advise that you do what Sirbrad said. Expand your horizons. My idols are people like Tommy Wonder, Jay Sankey, David Regal, Greg Wilson. People who spend years rehearsing and working to improve the art as a whole. Not like Piss Angel who pays a bunch of guys (who he later fires) to get his ego higher by becoming a masochist on TV to make money. You have been misguided. Very misguided.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:12 pm 
born to perform.

Popchris wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
You were shaking? Lol! It is a FAKE TV show.

Everything we do is fake, but this seriously looked like he was going to die. I don't care what anyone say, Criss is my idol, and my reason to do magic. I hate it when people badmouth him.

Dude, I have to say when I was younger and less expirienced, I would watch his show and come out inspired. I have been in magic long enough now to see that he has no respect for the art and can't perform. If he is still your idol, while I can't tell you what to do, I advise that you do what Sirbrad said. Expand your horizons. My idols are people like Tommy Wonder, Jay Sankey, David Regal, Greg Wilson. People who spend years rehearsing and working to improve the art as a whole. Not like Piss Angel who pays a bunch of guys (who he later fires) to get his ego higher by becoming a masochist on TV to make money. You have been misguided. Very misguided.

I know, but I can't help it. I've been watching Criss since he started coming on television, and he is my inspiration to do magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:43 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
idk, I did see Criss do wrap it up by Sankey but Sankey was never ON the show.....and don't we say "I'd like to acheive this effect" and then come to penguin and have it handed to us? (for some money of cource) which advisors of Criss Angel are paid too.

Yes but we (Hopefully) learn an effect that we will practice until it can be done flawlessly and use it again and again to impress people. Chriss goes to his advisors to learn a trick well enough to preform for a spectator (If not a stooge) and gets by on that. We practice an art. He practices a self prescribed way to help out his ego problems, which consist of the fact that he is a jerk, most magician's hate him and think that he is a disgrace to the art of magic, and can't get enough of himself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
sirbrad wrote:

Probably because they were there from the beginning, and are accustomed to being Criss' puppets. However Sankey got out early.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:13 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
sirbrad wrote:

Probably because they were there from the beginning, and are accustomed to being Criss' puppets. However Sankey got out early.

Yeah 'cause Criss is a demon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:59 am 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
Criss, as a stage show magician, was talented. I will admit that. He has the skills as a stage show magician (or at least he did. With the current way he's going, I don't have much faith in his stage show). But as a close-up magician, he's crap. As a mentalist, he's crap.

Magic is much more than the effect. It's the whole package. It's honoring the legends in this industry and paying respect to those who come before you. It's caring about your audience truly, and trying to bring them the best. Criss doesn't possess any of that. What he has is money, and a TV show. Neither of which makes a good magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:40 am 
Penguin

also sean fields worked for criss angel. I performed a stage act for sean fields once, and will again this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:08 am 
born to perform.

gajb wrote:
also sean fields worked for criss angel. I performed a stage act for sean fields once, and will again this year.

Lucky you! How did you go about getting that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:05 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
gajb wrote:

Lucky you! How did you go about getting that?

Well, Im a member of the SYM, and we have comptetions every year, ones close up and ones stage. So he was a judge for our stage contest. Whats really cool is after the trophies and all that stuff we go into a room with the judges and they give us feedback and tips. I think there was about four judges one was sean fields and the other was brian glow, I cant remember about the others though. Although I didnt get to speak with sean because he had to go somewhere after the show, but he left a few comments for my mentalism routine and he liked it. So it turned out pretty well. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next