View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:11 pm 
born to perform.

gajb wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
gajb wrote:
also sean fields worked for criss angel. I performed a stage act for sean fields once, and will again this year.

Lucky you! How did you go about getting that?

Well, Im a member of the SYM, and we have comptetions every year, ones close up and ones stage. So he was a judge for our stage contest. Whats really cool is after the trophies and all that stuff we go into a room with the judges and they give us feedback and tips. I think there was about four judges one was sean fields and the other was brian glow, I cant remember about the others though. Although I didnt get to speak with sean because he had to go somewhere after the show, but he left a few comments for my mentalism routine and he liked it. So it turned out pretty well. :D

I wish you the best for this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:12 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
gajb wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
gajb wrote:
also sean fields worked for criss angel. I performed a stage act for sean fields once, and will again this year.

Lucky you! How did you go about getting that?

Well, Im a member of the SYM, and we have comptetions every year, ones close up and ones stage. So he was a judge for our stage contest. Whats really cool is after the trophies and all that stuff we go into a room with the judges and they give us feedback and tips. I think there was about four judges one was sean fields and the other was brian glow, I cant remember about the others though. Although I didnt get to speak with sean because he had to go somewhere after the show, but he left a few comments for my mentalism routine and he liked it. So it turned out pretty well. :D

I wish you the best for this year.

Thanks but its not till like.... Ermmm 6 mounths, something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:13 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
All of Criss' "stunts" are all the same: Criss is supposed to do something, then something goes wrong and he should be dead, then all of the paid actors get "scared," then Criss pops up and all of the paid actors can't believe it. :wink:

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:17 pm 
Penguin

Bicycle12 wrote:
All of Criss' "stunts" are all the same: Criss is supposed to do something, then something goes wrong and he should be dead, then all of the paid actors get "scared," then Criss pops up and all of the paid actors can't believe it. :wink:

8)

yeah, I was dissapointed, I thought this was actually going to be a live event. I watched david cooperfields version of this trick and i thought it was alot better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:30 pm 
born to perform.

gajb wrote:
Bicycle12 wrote:

8)

yeah, I was dissapointed, I thought this was actually going to be a live event. I watched david cooperfields version of this trick and i thought it was alot better.

Part of it was live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:32 pm 
Penguin

Yeah, but the escaping part wasn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:40 pm 
born to perform.

gajb wrote:

So? Neither was Copperfield's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:41 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
gajb wrote:

So? Neither was Copperfield's.

yes i know, and I didnt say I didnt like angels version, I just said that i dont like the not live part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:36 pm 

Maloney123 wrote:
gajb wrote:
Bicycle12 wrote:

8)

Part of it was live.

And you know this because "Magicians" told you so. You thought the whole thing was "Real" before you were enlightened...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:37 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
gajb wrote:
Bicycle12 wrote:

8)

Part of it was live.

And you know this because "Magicians" told you so. You thought the whole thing was "Real" before you were enlightened...

Dude, are you crazy? I knew it wasn't all real, I'm a working magician too you know. I'm just saying, I didn't want to believe he was using camera tricks so I asked if there was another way. I also asked "how did he get out" because it looked like there was no other routes. I don't want to say anything else to you because you're a mod, and well, I'd get in trouble.

Have a beautiful day my friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:09 pm 
born to perform.

Maloney123 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
gajb wrote:
Bicycle12 wrote:

8)

Part of it was live.

Dude, are you crazy? I knew it wasn't all real, I'm a working magician too you know. I'm just saying, I didn't want to believe he was using camera tricks so I asked if there was another way. I also asked "how did he get out" because it looked like there was no other routes. I don't want to say anything else to you because you're a mod, and well, I'd get in trouble.

We know you knew all along, and we know that you knew Angel doesn't have superpowers either, don't worry. :wink: lol jk.... (just messing with you....)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:55 am 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney- So you knew it was fake, yet you thought he was going to die? You thought Criss was going to die from a fake stunt? Okay.

Trying to compare what David Copperfield did in order to make Criss look better doesn't work. David doesn't have hired actors. He will have an audience that is under contract, but they aren't stooges or anything like that. It's simply because David wants to make his TV performances the best he possibly can. Which means multiple shots. Which also means that it takes quite some time, so he needs to have an audience that understands that, because they could be there for quite some time. As for David's version of the effect, it was performed live, and the outcome was the same as it was shown on TV. So the audience got to see it performed live. The only thing that may have been a little different on TV is the ending, as in he filmed the same ending multiple times to get the best shot. That is something David does because he's obsessive.

Criss, on the other hand, completely created something out of Hollywood. It might as well been in a movie about giant gophers who are trying to kill the world by eating bananas, because that's how much truth was in Criss's little stunt. David's and Criss's versions can't even be compared, except for the fact that the general premise was the same. But the actual effect was very different. As in David can actually do what you see on TV in real life, when Criss needs paid actors, camera editors, and a lot of help because he simply doesn't have a clue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:54 am 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:

Please! You thought the whole thing was real. Go back and look at your posts. Now, just like everyone predicted, you are embarrassed by how easily you were fooled and now you're trying to cover it up. Even went back and edited some of your posts I see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:22 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
Maloney- So you knew it was fake, yet you thought he was going to die? You thought Criss was going to die from a fake stunt? Okay.

Trying to compare what David Copperfield did in order to make Criss look better doesn't work. David doesn't have hired actors. He will have an audience that is under contract, but they aren't stooges or anything like that. It's simply because David wants to make his TV performances the best he possibly can. Which means multiple shots. Which also means that it takes quite some time, so he needs to have an audience that understands that, because they could be there for quite some time. As for David's version of the effect, it was performed live, and the outcome was the same as it was shown on TV. So the audience got to see it performed live. The only thing that may have been a little different on TV is the ending, as in he filmed the same ending multiple times to get the best shot. That is something David does because he's obsessive.

Criss, on the other hand, completely created something out of Hollywood. It might as well been in a movie about giant gophers who are trying to kill the world by eating bananas, because that's how much truth was in Criss's little stunt. David's and Criss's versions can't even be compared, except for the fact that the general premise was the same. But the actual effect was very different. As in David can actually do what you see on TV in real life, when Criss needs paid actors, camera editors, and a lot of help because he simply doesn't have a clue.

I give you appaulse! And maloney, you just got burned really really really bad. So I give you the crossed out cow burn.