View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:04 pm 
born to perform.

Anybody else feel Criss=Heckler during that show?

he was all like "I know how you did that, it's not real blah blah..."

A magician heckling a fellow magician, how low can you go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:17 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Sissy just can't stand the spotlight on anyone else. He claimed "supernatural" powers in all of his shows, but when someone else does he has a "Sissy" fit. Then all of the sudden it is all "fake."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:35 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
Sissy just can't stand the spotlight on anyone else. He claimed "supernatural" powers in all of his shows, but when someone else does he has a "Sissy" fit. Then all of the sudden it is all "fake."

Yeah, I seriously don't understand why he does that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:03 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
sirbrad wrote:

Yeah, I seriously don't understand why he does that.

He doesn't. He never crossed the line. In interviews he points out constantly that he doesn't claim any supernatural powers, but tries to make it look real in his show. He had a thought-provoking seance episode and showed how easy it is to make people believe- and "surprised" them with a disclaimer at the end.
Jim Callahan still claims to have a connection to the "other side". Sorry but I don't like frauds like that and think Criss was very brave to invite Uri as well to take part in the envelope challenge!
Was it disrespectful? Yes. Ethically? Can be seen from at least two sides. But he stood up for his point without being afraid of the consequences, and he stated some very good reasons for his behaviour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:25 pm 
born to perform.

Which reasons did he state exactly? He simply flipped on the guy calling the act "comical". He never said in that episode of phenomenon any points of view, he just expressed them. He did bring up good points in his seance show, but not in phenomenon. I'm with you on the claiming supernatural powers though, I do not recall this and would like to see a video proving it... and keep in mind, I'm no Criss Angel fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:55 pm 
Penguin

bucky310 wrote:
Which reasons did he state exactly? He simply flipped on the guy calling the act "comical". He never said in that episode of phenomenon any points of view, he just expressed them. He did bring up good points in his seance show, but not in phenomenon. I'm with you on the claiming supernatural powers though, I do not recall this and would like to see a video proving it... and keep in mind, I'm no Criss Angel fan.

I don't know how much he talked about his reasons during the Phenomenon show, but there have been several interviews short after the incident, where he states his reason, and Uri and Jim gave their statement as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9QV-XdcaxI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9p6IF54 ... re=related

Uri Geller was the producer of the show, wasn't he? And he knew exactly what Criss thinks about people claiming supernatural powers before, and how he probably would react on Jim...
The thing is, when simple-hearted people believe that this guy on the stage could really talk to his dead friend Raymond, it raises their hope that they could talk to their beloved deceased, too- for money, of course. And that's a red rag for Criss.
And again, I never saw Jim making a disclaimer anywhere. So all Criss did was giving Callahan a chance to prove his "ability", following the example of James "The Amazing" Randi. Jim's own reaction exposed him as a fraud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm 

Jim was the only contestant to say, "I hope you enjoyed the entertainment". Never in the show did he claim real powers. It was all part of his character. (You must remember, Jim is portraying a character on television show).

There were other contestants that claimed powers; one even said he has his power through his dead brother. Yet Criss did not call them out.

Criss' post interviews were rehearsed and he was picking up the pieces after he realized he made a serious error insulting another magician on national TV. He also constantly confused the word travesty with tragedy. (A mark on his lack of education and grammar skills). He also likened Jim to a charlatan or conman that preys on the bereaved for money. Jim has never accepted money for any sort of charade. He is a magician and entertainer and nothing more. Criss even tried to insinuate that Jim was attacking Criss’ Dead Father which never happened.

My personal belief is that Criss called him out because he was threatened by Jim's potential talent.

Uri was creator of the TV show, but the NBC producers took over the project and got Criss Angel on it for more publicity. The show was awful and got terrible ratings. The Israel and European versions got high ratings and were very popular. (Please note Criss Angel was not involved).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:15 pm 
Penguin

Did you notice that after Chrissy called out Jim Callahan on the show he was the very first magician flushed down the tubes on the next episode. Why? Because Chrissy got all in a hussy about his preformance so everyone thought "Oh my gosh if the great Criss Angel doesn't think he's good he must be terrible!" The whole show was like that. If Crissy approved the guy was okay, but if Crissy wasn't happy then the guy/girl was screwed. He took a decent preformer's show and derailed the whole thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:05 pm 
born to perform.

PatrickS wrote:
Did you notice that after Chrissy called out Jim Callahan on the show he was the very first magician flushed down the tubes on the next episode. Why? Because Chrissy got all in a hussy about his preformance so everyone thought "Oh my gosh if the great Criss Angel doesn't think he's good he must be terrible!" The whole show was like that. If Crissy approved the guy was okay, but if Crissy wasn't happy then the guy/girl was screwed. He took a decent preformer's show and derailed the whole thing.

I agree, what Criss did was uncalled for. But, I do see why he did it. I mean, he doesn't take to kindly to people saying that can talk to the dead - seeming as his dad is dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:17 pm 

Maloney123 wrote:
PatrickS wrote:

I agree, what Criss did was uncalled for. But, I do see why he did it. I mean, he doesn't take to kindly to people saying that can talk to the dead - seeming as his dad is dead.

Jim Callahan said nothing about talking to "the Dead" in general, only to one person, Raymond Hill. He never ever spoke about Crissy's Dead Father and by the way Crissy playing the sympathy card about his dead father is over used and quite tacky. (My Father was my Magic inspiration, but I don't talk about it).
Jim Callahan is an Entertainer, not a “fake” spiritualist or medium. He doesn’t claim to see into the future or talk to dead loved ones for money. Crissy should know the difference when someone is acting and claiming REAL powers.

Crissy’s argument is hollow; brining up 9/11 and his dead father was to get sympathy from the audience, but it had nothing to do with his personal grudge against Jim.

With all these facts available I am surprised people are STILL defending Crissy…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:41 pm 
born to perform.

On his live show, the imploding building.....correct me if I'm wrong...but, didn't Copperfield do the EXACT same thing a few years ago? Hmm. Is Copperfield consulting for "What's-his-name"? :shock: Nooooooooooooo! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

"What you see is what you get." I only see "crap" when it comes to Siss Angel. This whole thing is very repetitive here, and happens all the time. You get some laymen who become "loyal fans" and find this site looking for secrets to Angel's tricks they will never find, then they spend about 6 months to a year defending him at all costs due to lack of an education, namely a magic education; and claim we all just don't know how Angel does his "tricks" regardless of being in the art for many decades etc.

Then most finally see the light and turn on Angel, or leave here and never come back again after the long-term humiliation and owning they receive. (Camera-edit) It is just sad that it takes so long for them to see the facts that are clearly plastered everywhere, simply because they are caught up in his "MTV metro-sexual/rocker image" and his speech impediment, and seeing his cavity fillings ever episode while yelling/grunting like the moron he is.

There is a reason it is called "magic," and allowing the audience to believe that is not a bad thing. Most will know anyway it is only entertainment depending on your performance persona, especially if tongue in cheek. So as long as you do not try and capitalize on them financially like Uri did for many years selling "magic rocks," "books," and "potions" etc, and still does probably. Then gets debunked on the Tonight Show and looks like an idiot. Criss could not debunk crap, he is just making himself seem like an authority; and only makes himself continue to look more and more like a putz.

He needs to "vanish" from the magic scene for good, which would be his best trick ever. Criss never said what he did was not real, and he always insinuated it was, until others came along who did it better than he did easily; then Sissy boy got upset. That is why he trashed Blaine to boost his own status, as he knows he does not hold a candle to Blaine's close-up magic skills. Instead this moron just rambled "anytime anywhere" trying to make some stupid competition in order to get exposure. Yet did not even answer Morgan's challenge the same way Blaine didn't answer his.

Hypocrite. "Ideological bigot" indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:51 pm 
Penguin

Thank you Zauberer for the constructive posts about the backgrounds, it's clear that you know much more about the whole thing, especially more than people like me who can only take as much information I can get through the internet.
So may I ask you something? As far as I heard, Jim was asked several times why he didn't take the envelope challenge. But he didn't answer that it was impossible because he doesn't have those "powers". No, what he answered was that he doubts Criss would have the money to pay! :lol:
So, is this just a funny rumour or do you know if it's true? You know, internet sources are not always reliable, but referring it to everything else I've heard about it...
Jim's act was not that great in my opinion, and I've seen some more videos of him that didn't convince me- but that's all about opinion.

Oh, but when it comes to rumours and Jim making himself look like a jerk, there's something I didn't bring up yet because I don't know the truth here, maybe somebody here can tell me more: on itricks there's a "Jim" with a direct link to Callahan's homepage, saying he's the real JC and posting a lot of things that make Jim look like a pathetic. Whether the poster is the real Jim or not, I've seen many people arguing there with him, and the guy makes also posts about Criss' father and makes "predictions", argues on a low level and so on. I just wonder, if it's not the real Jim, why wouldn't he do anything against abusing his name, at least with a little disclaimer on his own site... because the thing has become so well-known.

Please don't forget, I'm just interested in general because it's an issue with such a long-lasting effect.

And sirbrad, sorry to burst your bubble but I won't turn away from Criss. I said more than once that I have many in-depth reasons to stay a Loyal. But with one thing you could be right, maybe some time in the future I won't reply so much anymore in these threads. I definitely will get tired anytime of defending Criss or my loyal fandom here again and again, when the outcome is nothing than walls talking against walls. But I won't leave the forum, and I won't quit doing magic- and Criss will always be my source of inspiration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:51 pm 
born to perform.

Maloney123 wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
"What you see is what you get." I only see "crap" when it comes to Siss Angel. This whole thing is very repetitive here, and happens all the time. You get some laymen who become "loyal fans" and find this site looking for secrets to Angel's tricks they will never find, then they spend about 6 months to a year defending him at all costs due to lack of an education, namely a magic education; and claim we all just don't know how Angel does his "tricks" regardless of being in the art for many decades etc.

Then most finally see the light and turn on Angel, or leave here and never come back again after the long-term humiliation and owning they receive. (Camera-edit) It is just sad that it takes so long for them to see the facts that are clearly plastered everywhere, simply because they are caught up in his "MTV metro-sexual/rocker image" and his speech impediment, and seeing his cavity fillings ever episode while yelling/grunting like the moron he is.

There is a reason it is called "magic," and allowing the audience to believe that is not a bad thing. Most will know anyway it is only entertainment depending on your performance persona, especially if tongue in cheek. So as long as you do not try and capitalize on them financially like Uri did for many years selling "magic rocks," "books," and "potions" etc, and still does probably. Then gets debunked on the Tonight Show and looks like an idiot. Criss could not debunk crap, he is just making himself seem like an authority; and only makes himself continue to look more and more like a putz.

He needs to "vanish" from the magic scene for good, which would be his best trick ever. Criss never said what he did was not real, and he always insinuated it was, until others came along who did it better than he did easily; then Sissy boy got upset. That is why he trashed Blaine to boost his own status, as he knows he does not hold a candle to Blaine's close-up magic skills. Instead this moron just rambled "anytime anywhere" trying to make some stupid competition in order to get exposure. Yet did not even answer Morgan's challenge the same way Blaine didn't answer his.

Hypocrite. "Ideological bigot" indeed.

I hope you feel like a man now.

A man who is right. Criss fans have a sickness it goes away with time but has extreme symptoms when in effect. They include faith in the face of overwhelming evidence, constant fighting for a cause that does not really exist, and believing in a power that looks down upon other powers.
Wait sounds like something else I know.
It will pass but I feel that we here would have an easier time if new fans would not keep pouring in.

As proof of this sickness that I dub Angelreiadosis, who here was once a loyal and then discovered the truth. Do not fear the more people we get the better fight we have that they will change.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:58 pm 
Penguin

juliegel wrote:
A man who is right. Criss fans have a sickness it goes away with time but has extreme symptoms when in effect. They include faith in the face of overwhelming evidence, constant fighting for a cause that does not really exist, and believing in a power that looks down upon other powers.
Wait sounds like something else I know.
It will pass but I feel that we here would have an easier time if new fans would not keep pouring in.

As proof of this sickness that I dub Angelreiadosis, who here was once a loyal and then discovered the truth. Do not fear the more people we get the better fight we have that they will change.

Juliegel

You just made my day with this comment, thanks for making me laugh today! :lol: Not that I didn't read comments like this a couple of hundred times before...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next