View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Full Body Straight Jacket
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:24 am 
born to perform.

Hi, does anyone know where i can get a white full-body straight-jacket? I've googled it, and looked on ebay, both unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:41 am 
Penguin

I had one custom-built for a short-film project. (It helps to be friends with a theater seamstress. :) )

(this one isn't full-body, but only because we didn't need one)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:47 am 
born to perform.

I want one more out of costume reason, as opposed to escaping out of it. Would it be possible to make one? If i had the fabric plans?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:56 pm 
Penguin

varjak_paw wrote:
I want one more out of costume reason, as opposed to escaping out of it. Would it be possible to make one? If i had the fabric plans?

No idea. If you've got a community theater in town, that would be the first place to ask around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:40 pm 
born to perform.

I think it might be harder then it looks to make one of those - and it looks pretty darn hard. Try to find one good seamstress, and she might be able to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:37 am 
Emperor Penguin

If you have the canvas (you'd probably be able to use a lighter weight canvas since you only want it to be a costume) and some leather belt, as well as the skill in sewing, you could probably do this. If you don't have experience in sewing, then don't even think about it. It doesn't look like a very hard project (really just a pair of working bibs with over-sized arms and leather straps), but could become difficult without the experience in sewing.

Since you mainly want it as a costume though, you have an easier time. I doubt it would be an expensive project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:24 am 
born to perform.

Thanks for all the replies :) I plan using canvas and the leather straps, and i'm going to get the pattern from an olf jacket of mine. I'll extend the arms, and extend the bottom edge. I'm not too experienced in sewing, but my mom is pretty darn good, she's made me a bunch of stuff before like renaissance costumes, etc. So i will learn from her :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:56 am 
born to perform.

varjak_paw wrote:
Thanks for all the replies :) I plan using canvas and the leather straps, and i'm going to get the pattern from an olf jacket of mine. I'll extend the arms, and extend the bottom edge. I'm not too experienced in sewing, but my mom is pretty darn good, she's made me a bunch of stuff before like renaissance costumes, etc. So i will learn from her :lol:

Where did you get you're regular straight jacket?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:51 am 
Emperor Penguin

Check out Cannon's Great Escapes. You can it on the internet. A very highly recommended site and a great guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:49 pm 
born to perform.

Maloney123 wrote:
varjak_paw wrote:

Where did you get you're regular straight jacket?

I mean just a regular jacket, not a straight jacket sorry.

The legs look like they're split, and individually "wrapped" when the fullbody jacket is on. And then both legs are tied by the thighs and by the ankles. I just need to figure out the strappings on the back and the two that go across the chest.

I have another picture of the jacket worn backwards, so we get a glimpse of the back. It looks like the jacket is together at the neck area..so to put on the jacket, you would have to pull it over your head right?

I'm also a little confused on teh really really long strap that comes from his back? maybe on the right side of the picture

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:19 am 
born to perform.

I do beleave it is to secure the feet with the knees bent making it easy to pick someone up and they couldn't kick you or the walls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:33 am 
born to perform.

could anyone guide me to what straight jacket to buy, i'm pretty new to escapology and I just want to get one for fun and practice not for a performance (if its cheap that would be nice too...)

Sorry about posting on your thread paw, just I don't mind whether my first jacket is full body or not and maybe more people might reply here :)

How long did it take you guys who have a straight jacket to get out of it for the first time :shock: ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:18 pm 
born to perform.

My first jacket was $130 if I recall, from Performance Jackets. It took me a while the first time getting out because it was rather small on me... dumb on my part. I don't know how long it was, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:02 am 
born to perform.

zambini wrote:
I do beleave it is to secure the feet with the knees bent making it easy to pick someone up and they couldn't kick you or the walls.

So they go from the chest area (if worn as a straight jacket) and go down the side of the body? Or down the middle? Because i can't see a strap(s) coming from his chest to his feet in the picture where he's sitting on the chair. :( Is there a crotch strap?

In the picture where he's sitting in the chair, i can see some white straps underneath the dark ones. I can see these straps in the picture where he's riding too - near his shoulder/upper arm area. What are these straps connecting/doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:58 am 
born to perform.

The one on the chest is for the arms to go through (like "Australian Tourture Muff" ), and then the sleaves go through the ones on the arms and then buckles at the back. The loops on the arms, on a regular jacket are under the arms.