View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Created tricks go HERE
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:16 pm 
Team Penguin

OK. I guess this will be the place to post all your created tricks (effects only!). if you want criticism or thoughts to improve it or anything. you can post them all here.

so my trick is called "Spinning Silver"

the performer removes a small piece of what appears to be silver, from his pocket. he asks for it to be examined. the piece is cleanly put into his hand and his other hand shown empty. the performer squeezes the silver and sort of rubs it or messages it as if making a coin vanish. the spectator is asked to hold out their hand. "Now when you have silver, you can make anything appear from it. But it would make sence to make something more valuable appear from it." the performer says, as he drops the silver into their hand, showing it is now "A 100% silver coin".

I might make a video on this one because I have been putting alot of work into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:29 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I would rather have effects go "there". "Here" just doesn't suit my personality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:07 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice President of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!
How about Here then There?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:16 am 
Emperor Penguin

scl95 wrote:
How about Here then There?

Ooh, I like that too. I think we all agree- "Here then There" would be a lot better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:14 am 
Team Penguin

what? you gotta explain this to me lol. im so confused. you dont like the name "tricks go here" but you like "tricks go there"???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:19 am 
Emperor Penguin

girspiggy wrote:
what? you gotta explain this to me lol. im so confused. you dont like the name "tricks go here" but you like "tricks go there"???

Yes. Anybody with half a brain would realize its infinitely better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:31 am 

I have both halves of my brain and it doesn't make sense to me either. Just post them and be done with it.

Remember not to post methods. Even if they're of your own making, non-magician visitors can still see them and learn more than they should which can hurt performers later when they say "I know how you did that!" Even if they're wrong, it doesn't matter. The damage to our credibility is already done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:51 am 
born to perform.

Trick-Tac:

A concept for putting a signed card into a closed tic-tac box. Make a signed coin penetrate inside the closed box, only using one coin. Make a bill vanish and visually re-appear inside a close tic-tac box. This thing is awesome.

Alex the Acrobat:

A stick-man on card effect, with a surprising, funny ending you've never seen before.

Pencil Thru Bill:

An ultra-clean penetration of a borrowed pencil through a borrowed bill.

Blanked Out:

Ink from a deck of cards vanishes and reappears in an impossible, creative location.

Re-Clipped: (appearing in Genii soon)

The clip of a Sharpie is accidentally broken off and then magically, visually restored.

Back in Time: (appearing in Magic)

Gum re-wrapps itself and a photograph is magically altered.

Regenerated: (soon)

A card is signed and then a corner is fairly torn off. With just a shake, the corner restores. The card is handed out for examination.

Re-Wrapped:

A clean handling of the chewed to unopened gum effect. No special clothes needed. Wear anything you like.

T&R Gum:

A piece of chewed gum is ripped into many pieces, and restores, but a little to completely.

Triumphantly Triumph:

My handling of triumph.

Very Wild Copper Silver Brass:

A copper/silver/brass routine with only one coin. Used in my Tannen's act.

Orbit:

This is the reason why I won the Tannen's 2008 Close-Up Contest. And I'm not telling you what it is.

Fusion:

A four ace trick.

Last edited by magicman4646 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:25 am 
Team Penguin

If your releasing the gum tricks you need to give proper credit to jay sankey and anyone before and after him. otherweise sounds good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:06 pm 
Penguin

girspiggy wrote:
If your releasing the gum tricks you need to give proper credit to jay sankey and anyone before and after him. otherweise sounds good

It's not like he invented gum. You didn't even see the tricks so how could you know if credit is due?

Plus if it's in Magic or Genii I'm pretty sure credit is not an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:21 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
Yeah, and that's not mentioning the fact that jay's wrap it up dvd was not all original material, and the idea of re-wrapping a piece of gum has been around for a while. Sankey merely popularized it.

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:46 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Fatal

A signed card magically turns face up 3 times, each time getting better than the previous. Finally the signed card's back changes color under impossible conditions.

Odd Card

A red deck of cards is introduced. A blue backed card is brought out, value unknown to the spectators. The blue backed card is put into the deck and lost. The performer makes it a game for the spectator to try and find the Odd Card. The deck is spread face up and a card is chosen. Upon turning the card over, it is indeed the odd backed card. Pattering on about coincidence and the fact that there was a 1 in 53 chance to get the card, no magic was performed so the performer places the signed card face up on the table for all to see.

The performer then turns the entire deck blue and the face up signed card's back is shown, and it has turned red.

Swirl

A card is chosen and signed on the back. The performer patters on about the characteristics of heat and card ink. The card is heated up using a lighter and given a spin. The card is flipped over to reveal that the card is now swirled, like a whirlpool. The card is shown to still be signed on the back and again heat is applied. The card is given another spin and shown to have gone back to its normal state. The card and entire deck can now be examined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:13 pm 
Team Penguin

elementblader10 wrote:
girspiggy wrote:

It's not like he invented gum. You didn't even see the tricks so how could you know if credit is due?

Plus if it's in Magic or Genii I'm pretty sure credit is not an issue.
I know that. I didnt mean it that way. I know not all the tricks are original from wrap it up but he put this out 2 other times about 10 years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:37 pm 
born to perform.

I do not need to credit Jay Sankey. The method is not the same, and I'm pretty sure Jim Pace was before him. The method is totally different, and so is the effect. I am not using anything from either one of them. It's like saying I need to credit everyone who ever made a T&R Corner for Regenerated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:23 am 
Penguin

DaveV wrote:
Remember not to post methods. Even if they're of your own making, non-magician visitors can still see them and learn more than they should which can hurt performers later when they say "I know how you did that!" Even if they're wrong, it doesn't matter. The damage to our credibility is already done.

What..? is it an explanation on magic..??