View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Football Levitation
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:54 pm 
born to perform.

Oh, come on! You've GOT to be kidding me!
Anyone out there enjoy this particular "illusion"?!
First of all, he did it on Season One with a frisbee.
Secondly, as bad as it was with the frisbee, it was even worse with the football.
I don't want to expose anything here; but if you can't figure this out, then give up and stay home because you'd be a danger to society if you left the house!

Some points to ponder:
The pass wasn't bad; yet Criss complained and the thrower apologized; which is poor setup to start with.
Look where the football went out of screen.
Look where Criss retrieved the football.
Look at the ball as it's beginning to levitate.
Look at the ball as it's travelling.
Look at how the guy "caught" it - both in his positioning and in the ball as it makes contact when caught.
The guy who caught the ball stayed in shot the whole time before throwing the football to Criss, right? WRONG!

This was poorly done with the frisbee.
Why - oh, why - would anyone choose to repeat the same poor effect?
And...how can you be WORSE at it the second time around than you were the first time?! Shouldn't 'practice make perfect'? Shouldn't you at least improve the method or your handling before broadcasting the same trick a second time on national television?!

Unbelievable.

Post subject: Re: Football Levitation
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:13 pm 
Penguin

RadioRob wrote:
Secondly, as bad as it was with the frisbee, it was even worse with the football.
I don't want to expose anything here; but if you can't figure this out, then give up and stay home because you'd be a danger to society if you left the house!

Some points to ponder:
The pass wasn't bad; yet Criss complained and the thrower apologized; which is poor setup to start with.
Look at how the guy "caught" it - both in his positioning and in the ball as it makes contact when caught.
The guy who caught the ball stayed in shot the whole time before throwing the football to Criss, right? WRONG!

And...how can you be WORSE at it the second time around than you were the first time?! Shouldn't 'practice make perfect'? Shouldn't you at least improve the method or your handling before broadcasting the same trick a second time on national television?!

Unbelievable.

I've noticed that he has been repeating illusions this season. Walking on water, this football/frisbee, and a few others. He has run out of tricks. It has been discussed before. You just can't do magic on tv with a continually running show. The amount of tricks you need to come up with is just too many. You either rush to create them and they are weak or you just plain run out of ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:40 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah it was garbage then and trash now, just like Angel. Any shred of respect I had for him just as another fellow performer is gone now because it just keeps getting worse with him. I don't understand how his consultants can possibly keep working for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:15 am 
born to perform.

Actually, when I was not into magic and I watched the frisbee I liked it a lot, in fact, it was my favorite trick in that eppisode, laymen aren't trained like you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:23 am 
born to perform.

chartman wrote:
Actually, when I was not into magic and I watched the frisbee I liked it a lot, in fact, it was my favorite trick in that eppisode, laymen aren't trained like you are.

If they see him do the frisbee, and then the football, they will know its the same thing. They aren't that stupid. And thats the main point that he is repeating effects, and that he seems to be doing them worse instead of better as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:40 am 
Team Penguin

chartman wrote:
LOL the laymen in the episode are definetly stooged haha! put it this way with angel. if you cant figure it out, its stooged or camera tricks. He did the stupid quarter through arm which was totally fake in the worst way, with the guy and his head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:22 am 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
chartman wrote:
LOL the laymen in the episode are definetly stooged haha! put it this way with angel. if you cant figure it out, its stooged or camera tricks. He did the stupid quarter through arm which was totally fake in the worst way, with the guy and his head

Why is it automatically stooged or camera tricks if amateur magicians can't figure it out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:13 pm 
Emperor Penguin

It's not that amateur magicians can't figure it out, it's that they have figured it out and they know that Criss isn't doing it with skill. I've been a professional magician for 4 years now, and it's very obvious that Criss simply has little to no skill. Many laymen will even see that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:53 pm 
Team Penguin

Why am I automatically an amateur?? dude. its CRISS ANGEL. How the edited would he do it elsewise?? everything can be figured out. but criss angel uses stooged people 90% of the time because he has to tell them "Hey im gunna cut the camera". the people with the walk on water were stooged. the people with the walk through glass were probablly stooged. the people that help him are stooged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:36 am 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
Why am I automatically an amateur?? dude. its CRISS ANGEL. How the edited would he do it elsewise?? everything can be figured out. but criss angel uses stooged people 90% of the time because he has to tell them "Hey im gunna cut the camera". the people with the walk on water were stooged. the people with the walk through glass were probablly stooged. the people that help him are stooged.

If its something you can't figure out that doesn't mean the people are actors or its a camera trick. Angel has brilliant consultants and therefore some brilliant pieces of magic to work with, even if he does them poorly and does many more illusions using actors and camera trickery. But if you can't figure something out its not necessarily a camera trick or an actor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:29 am 
born to perform.

thecooltonto wrote:
girspiggy wrote:

If its something you can't figure out that doesn't mean the people are actors or its a camera trick. Angel has brilliant consultants and therefore some brilliant pieces of magic to work with, even if he does them poorly and does many more illusions using actors and camera trickery. But if you can't figure something out its not necessarily a camera trick or an actor.

...I'm speechless. Are you defending Criss Angel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:28 pm 
born to perform.

chartman wrote:

I do kids shows several times a year. If I do a trick that is SIMILAR to another trick one or two of them have seen before, they'll call me on it. "We've seen that one." (Even if it differs from what they've actually seen.) "I know how that's done!" (Even if they don't.) "You're gonna make that do this!" (Even if I was actually going to make that do nothing and something else do something else entirely.)

My point with the kids stuff is that children notice when you do the same thing twice...even if you change objects or patter or presentation. To say that laymen will not recognize the football trick as being identical to the Frisbee trick is just not true. In fact, I've had one guy who is not the least bit savvy on magic methods mention in my presence that it was 'the Frisbee thing regurgitated.' ...Only on the football presentation he figured out the method. Which means one of two things: It was a weak enough effect the first time that it should not have been repeated, (even with a different object), or that is was so poorly done as to reveal the method. ...Or...BOTH.

Laymen aren't THAT stupid and not even children are that gullible. Apparently, it's just The 'Loyal.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:22 pm 
Penguin

girspiggy wrote:

The pool one, the people were probably stooges yes, the lake one? The people who went in the water probably yes, But everyone else? No I don't think so. the walking through glass one was stooges with one person, not all of them. The person who went in the room was a stooge, everyone else were just laymen. The people that help him? You mean his consultant's? Your telling me that they are stooges? No. I have performed magic for a criss angel consultant and believe me, They are not stooges. When you can't figure something out you automatically say stooges! When really, you should think outside the box.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:26 am 
Penguin

KingMilo wrote:
RadioRob wrote:

Some points to ponder:

Unbelievable.

I've noticed that he has been repeating illusions this season. Walking on water, this football/frisbee, and a few others. He has run out of tricks. It has been discussed before. You just can't do magic on tv with a continually running show. The amount of tricks you need to come up with is just too many. You either rush to create them and they are weak or you just plain run out of ideas.

Prehaps Chris is becoming a "green-friendly" magician...and is recycling his GARBAGE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:59 am 
born to perform.

kconnors wrote:
KingMilo wrote:
RadioRob wrote:

Some points to ponder:

Unbelievable.

Prehaps Chris is becoming a "green-friendly" magician...and is recycling his GARBAGE

Very clever. What time did you get to sleep last night thinking of that one? :roll: