View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:07 am 

And calling him out would do what? As magicians we're supposed to be above all that. Exposing something simply to discredit another performer (yes, even Criss) is the lowest form of exposure. It won't hurt Criss one bit. All it would hurt is the reputation of the accuser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:24 am 
Emperor Penguin

DaveV wrote:
And calling him out would do what? As magicians we're supposed to be above all that. Exposing something simply to discredit another performer (yes, even Criss) is the lowest form of exposure. It won't hurt Criss one bit. All it would hurt is the reputation of the accuser.

Touche'. I just think some of the Loyals might like to know that. But, I will hold my tongue. I have a feeling that eventually he will have little to no fans... and I am looking forward to the day when I'm not scared to watch A&E because of him! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:05 pm 
Penguin

good point, exposure isn't good for anyone, the goal of my question is just to raise a point that yes, while it seems blatantly obvious that camera tricks may be used, there still is no definitive proof, and until that comes forward I think everything else is just speculation and commentary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:23 pm 
born to perform.

Do you require proof that the sky is blue or fish get thirsty. No. You see through it if you know what to look for. Here we do know what to look for. To us it is obvious where the trap door lies. If you look out the window and see someone in shorts and a tank top you would think it is hot outside. You would not go well I have no proof that it is hot out, That guy MIGHT just be crazy so I guess I will never know until I see some hard proof.

The proof we see right now is just the same as a police officer would looking at a store security camera. Now the guy stealing the money could really be guy with prosthetics on so he looks like the guy jogging past the store everyday but that is shooting far.

We see video evidence of criss editing and using stooges. We can give him all the excuses in the world but the evidence shows the truth.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:42 pm 
born to perform.

juliegel wrote:
Do you require proof that the sky is blue or fish get thirsty. No. You see through it if you know what to look for. Here we do know what to look for. To us it is obvious where the trap door lies. If you look out the window and see someone in shorts and a tank top you would think it is hot outside. You would not go well I have no proof that it is hot out, That guy MIGHT just be crazy so I guess I will never know until I see some hard proof.

The proof we see right now is just the same as a police officer would looking at a store security camera. Now the guy stealing the money could really be guy with prosthetics on so he looks like the guy jogging past the store everyday but that is shooting far.

We see video evidence of criss editing and using stooges. We can give him all the excuses in the world but the evidence shows the truth.

Juliegel

Sorry, but your post was not related to the topic at all. Criss using camera tricks is different from 'is it hot outside?'. There IS no hard proof that Criss uses camera tricks, because you weren't in the studio when they were fixing it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:50 pm 
born to perform.

It was an example. You know nothing about how it is like outside unless you can base it off something. In this case looking out the window for clues about the weather is like looking at the T.V. for clues as to if criss uses camera tricks and stooges. There is no such thing as proof. No mater what you can always play the "what if" game. The only thing in this world is evidence that covers enough holes to make a case out of.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
Because you weren't in the studio when they were fixing it up.

So by saying that, you basically admitted that they did edit it, since you said "when they were fixing it up". :lol:

I have a feeling you're going to go complain to the Mods over this and I'm going to get a warning. Oh well... I'll just go "home". :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:34 am 
Penguin

I don't get what you mean when you say no such thing as proof. Of course there is. All it takes is for one person to use a camera or cell phone at one of his demonstrations to show us some proof. But there isn't. He can't control every audience member. Criss is at heart a stage magician, he sets up his demonstrations in a very controlled way to give the impression of a real "street magic thing" when its a stage illusions just brought outside. If he did use a camera trick on his big effects and what not, people would know. Just ask a politician when he slips up on his words on then its on youtube 40 min. later. I think that theres a strong possibility of camera effects used, but its wrong to degrade his entire performance and just completely dismiss him on speculation.

And I've never really heard of a "fish getting thirsty"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:41 am 
born to perform.

etrivett1989 wrote:
And I've never really heard of a "fish getting thirsty"

ocean fish drink water through their mouths, freshwater fish absorb water through their body, no living thing can survive without water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:46 am 
born to perform.

etrivett1989 wrote:
I don't get what you mean when you say no such thing as proof. Of course there is. All it takes is for one person to use a camera or cell phone at one of his demonstrations to show us some proof."

Well what if the person taking the picture just edited it all in with photoshop. See there is no such thing as definitive proof. You could say the sky is blue but what if our eyes are programed to see it blue and it is really red. This is why science is a set of results that can be reproduced to create the same conclusion, not proof of how stuff works all the time. All science is is speculation based on what we know. That is why science is always changing.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:29 am 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
Because you weren't in the studio when they were fixing it up.

So by saying that, you basically admitted that they did edit it, since you said "when they were fixing it up". :lol:

I have a feeling you're going to go complain to the Mods over this and I'm going to get a warning. Oh well... I'll just go "home". :D

I'd never go to a mod and complain about someone, you have a right to be here and you haven't done anything wrong.