View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:07 am 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Posts: 8861
Location: Las Vegas
And calling him out would do what? As magicians we're supposed to be above all that. Exposing something simply to discredit another performer (yes, even Criss) is the lowest form of exposure. It won't hurt Criss one bit. All it would hurt is the reputation of the accuser.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:24 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
DaveV wrote:
And calling him out would do what? As magicians we're supposed to be above all that. Exposing something simply to discredit another performer (yes, even Criss) is the lowest form of exposure. It won't hurt Criss one bit. All it would hurt is the reputation of the accuser.


Touche'. I just think some of the Loyals might like to know that. But, I will hold my tongue. I have a feeling that eventually he will have little to no fans... and I am looking forward to the day when I'm not scared to watch A&E because of him! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:05 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Aug 2008
Posts: 12
good point, exposure isn't good for anyone, the goal of my question is just to raise a point that yes, while it seems blatantly obvious that camera tricks may be used, there still is no definitive proof, and until that comes forward I think everything else is just speculation and commentary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:23 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1738
Location: The John Hughes movie fan club.
Do you require proof that the sky is blue or fish get thirsty. No. You see through it if you know what to look for. Here we do know what to look for. To us it is obvious where the trap door lies. If you look out the window and see someone in shorts and a tank top you would think it is hot outside. You would not go well I have no proof that it is hot out, That guy MIGHT just be crazy so I guess I will never know until I see some hard proof.

The proof we see right now is just the same as a police officer would looking at a store security camera. Now the guy stealing the money could really be guy with prosthetics on so he looks like the guy jogging past the store everyday but that is shooting far.

We see video evidence of criss editing and using stooges. We can give him all the excuses in the world but the evidence shows the truth.


Juliegel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:42 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
juliegel wrote:
Do you require proof that the sky is blue or fish get thirsty. No. You see through it if you know what to look for. Here we do know what to look for. To us it is obvious where the trap door lies. If you look out the window and see someone in shorts and a tank top you would think it is hot outside. You would not go well I have no proof that it is hot out, That guy MIGHT just be crazy so I guess I will never know until I see some hard proof.

The proof we see right now is just the same as a police officer would looking at a store security camera. Now the guy stealing the money could really be guy with prosthetics on so he looks like the guy jogging past the store everyday but that is shooting far.

We see video evidence of criss editing and using stooges. We can give him all the excuses in the world but the evidence shows the truth.


Juliegel


Sorry, but your post was not related to the topic at all. Criss using camera tricks is different from 'is it hot outside?'. There IS no hard proof that Criss uses camera tricks, because you weren't in the studio when they were fixing it up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1738
Location: The John Hughes movie fan club.
It was an example. You know nothing about how it is like outside unless you can base it off something. In this case looking out the window for clues about the weather is like looking at the T.V. for clues as to if criss uses camera tricks and stooges. There is no such thing as proof. No mater what you can always play the "what if" game. The only thing in this world is evidence that covers enough holes to make a case out of.


Juliegel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:47 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
Maloney123 wrote:
Because you weren't in the studio when they were fixing it up.


So by saying that, you basically admitted that they did edit it, since you said "when they were fixing it up". :lol:

Image

I have a feeling you're going to go complain to the Mods over this and I'm going to get a warning. Oh well... I'll just go "home". :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:34 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Aug 2008
Posts: 12
I don't get what you mean when you say no such thing as proof. Of course there is. All it takes is for one person to use a camera or cell phone at one of his demonstrations to show us some proof. But there isn't. He can't control every audience member. Criss is at heart a stage magician, he sets up his demonstrations in a very controlled way to give the impression of a real "street magic thing" when its a stage illusions just brought outside. If he did use a camera trick on his big effects and what not, people would know. Just ask a politician when he slips up on his words on then its on youtube 40 min. later. I think that theres a strong possibility of camera effects used, but its wrong to degrade his entire performance and just completely dismiss him on speculation.

And I've never really heard of a "fish getting thirsty"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:41 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 1525
etrivett1989 wrote:
And I've never really heard of a "fish getting thirsty"


ocean fish drink water through their mouths, freshwater fish absorb water through their body, no living thing can survive without water.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:46 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1738
Location: The John Hughes movie fan club.
etrivett1989 wrote:
I don't get what you mean when you say no such thing as proof. Of course there is. All it takes is for one person to use a camera or cell phone at one of his demonstrations to show us some proof."


Well what if the person taking the picture just edited it all in with photoshop. See there is no such thing as definitive proof. You could say the sky is blue but what if our eyes are programed to see it blue and it is really red. This is why science is a set of results that can be reproduced to create the same conclusion, not proof of how stuff works all the time. All science is is speculation based on what we know. That is why science is always changing.


Juliegel


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:29 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
adjones wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
Because you weren't in the studio when they were fixing it up.


So by saying that, you basically admitted that they did edit it, since you said "when they were fixing it up". :lol:

Image

I have a feeling you're going to go complain to the Mods over this and I'm going to get a warning. Oh well... I'll just go "home". :D


I'd never go to a mod and complain about someone, you have a right to be here and you haven't done anything wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.