View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:43 pm 

kristenl wrote:
paddy wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
Quote:
Your daughter is making the cash.

Yes and she is worth more. I've seen videos of her act.

Aw, thanks Paddy. :D

Always remember though that it shouldn't be just about the money. Magic and performing is about loving what you do-- the money is just a really nice bonus! The one thing I love to hear when reading feedback is how you can tell she really enjoys what she is doing.

Also, never book a show just for the money if it isn't the right venue for you.

That is very true!!! that's why your daughter is so great at what she does. It is obvious that she LOVES performing and she performs because she LOVES to, not for the money but for the love of magic.

BTW, I just bought another DVD on rope magic from a guy in Singapore and I am busting my butt to learn his moves!!!! I'm always learning and trying to improve and this is just fantastic. He takes the professor's Nightmare and does it entirly differently from anything else I've ever seen. I am going to have this one down to show at next month's ring meeting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:52 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
If I start charging more I'm afraid I'll get rejected.

Soo... you charge $30 for what apparently even you think is a half-a s s e d magic show, since you're afraid of getting rejected, and you teach kids that playing with fire is ok... AND you tell them your props are disease infected. Yes you STILL have the nerve to call me out on how many gigs I perform, my performances, etc.? Wow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:10 am 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
If I start charging more I'm afraid I'll get rejected.

Soo... you charge $30 for what apparently even you think is a half-a s s e d magic show, since you're afraid of getting rejected, and you teach kids that playing with fire is ok... AND you tell them your props are disease infected. Yes you STILL have the nerve to call me out on how many gigs I perform, my performances, etc.? Wow...

Dude, you have everything wrong. People love me, but down here it's a small town, and people don't dish out the cash for a birthday party like they do in large cities. Got it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:41 am 
born to perform.

This is not in reference to anything said above--- it just brings up another good point in regards to props.

Now, this is just a pet peeve of mine.....

If you are doing a quality performance, getting paid money (well, even if you aren't), then take care of your props and make sure they are in good condition when performing. Don't bring beat up props (unless it somehow corresponds with a character) to a show. If you need to spend a weekend re-touching up paint, or hand washing those silks--- then do it!

To me it is like a businessman going to a hire powered meeting in a crumpled suit.

Finger nails on a chalk board to me guys.... if you've contracted a job--- that means making your props presentable, not just yourself and your magic/entertaining skills!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
Dude, you have everything wrong. People love me, but down here it's a small town, and people don't dish out the cash for a birthday party like they do in large cities. Got it?

How do I have everything wrong? Here's what I have gathered about your shows, just from what I've read on here:

1)You undercharge, but still say it's a "quality" show.

2)You use fire around children.

3)You tell the children your props are disease infested.

How can I have everything wrong? And don't talk to me like I'm from some ginormous city- I'm from a small town in Northern Missouri with about 10,000 people. But I would never ask for anything less than $75 for a Kids Show I put together, because I know it would be a quality show. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:22 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:

I think I would have a problem with a Magician I hired, telling young children that his magic props are disease infested!
I'm afraid your show would come to an abrupt end, and you would find yourself laying in the street.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:11 pm 

adjones wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:

How do I have everything wrong? Here's what I have gathered about your shows, just from what I've read on here:

Where do you see this in Maloney's posts? #1, yes he does undercharge, but #2 and 3 I haven't seen anywhere that he says his props are disease ridden nor that he uses fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:19 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
KyletheGreat wrote:
How much are ya worth?

Amen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:21 pm 
Emperor Penguin

paddy wrote:
Where do you see this in Maloney's posts? #1, yes he does undercharge, but #2 and 3 I haven't seen anywhere that he says his props are disease ridden nor that he uses fire.

I really don't want to go find them, but just for you Padster:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... c&start=15

On Page 2 of that thread, you can find Number Three.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... t=#1149961

And on Page 2 of that thread, as well, you can find Number Two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:42 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:

How can I have everything wrong? And don't talk to me like I'm from some ginormous city- I'm from a small town in Northern Missouri with about 10,000 people. But I would never ask for anything less than $75 for a Kids Show I put together, because I know it would be a quality show. :roll:

And that's why you don't do them. Don't make assumptions about me when you have no clue how I perform, or what I do. It's time for you to frig off now, alright?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
And that's why you don't do them. Don't make assumptions about me when you have no clue how I perform, or what I do. It's time for you to frig off now, alright?

Actually, dumb@ss, I don't do them because I don't like Kids Shows. The ONLY reason I'm doing the one in October/Early November is because my little 5 year old cousin begged me to do just one or two tricks, so I have plenty of time to prepare for that. I was asked to do a show for my School District this Summer, but I declined because I knew I wouldn't be ready in time. So, you freaking moron, I don't do those kinds of shows because I don't want to.

I don't do Parlor/Stage shows yet, either because... I don't have a show properly lined up! I've been asked to do one of those for the School Talent Show before, too, and guess what I did? I turned it down, because I knew I wouldn't be ready! You know, if you had an IQ above freezing, you might be able to comprehend this stuff.

And guess what- I was here first, so you can "frig off".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:08 pm 
born to perform.

Hey guys is there any way we can cool down the thread a little? :wink: I love to see one another helping each other, that is what we are here for, not tearing down each other. I know that forums can sometimes get a little heated, but let's try and remain respectful to one another -- or at best-- not take digs at one another. It just makes the forum a better place to hang out at. :D Just a suggestion. Thanks!

On a side not adjones I really respect that you don't do kid shows if you don't like to and that you have turned down jobs when you knew you weren't ready. Its hard to do, but it is the right thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:11 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I may have gotten a little riled up on that last post. Soorrry Kristen. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:23 am 
born to perform.

Thanks adjones. No need to apologize to me, its all good. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:35 am 
born to perform.

Man adjones grow the edited up.