View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:41 pm 
Penguin

I have to admit for a whille I was an Angel Junkie trying to watch Angel whenever he was on. Then in a spurt of intrest I came to penguin and saw what real magician's guinenually preforming real effects are like. Now I see what a wannabee Angel is and how people like Jeremy,Sankey, Nobelzada, and others are true practicers of the art.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:15 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I do feel like a man, a magician, a competent real-world entertainer, a magic scholar, and an avid studier of magic history who does the research. Perhaps you could start with just one Maloney?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:03 pm 
Penguin

I have enjoyed the last 2 weeks of the Mindfreak episodes. It seems that after the building stunt, the show has gotten more serious. Criss is getting back to close up personal illusions which I love, and real escapes instead of "You think he is in the barrel and then he is not" I appreciate the return to what I loved originally about his show and Blaine's shows, the personal close-up reactions of awed spectators. The coffee cup thing was awesome as well as the ring in the salt shaker. I also liked the word on the arm, and the trash can escape. I am just enjoying it more in the last two weeks. We all use confederates at some point in our magic performances. Some tricks are impossible to do without them. When using a confederate, they become a part of the illusion, like a rabbit in a hat. Their purpose is to help create a miracle for the other people watching. Blaine and Angel are the reasons I got back into magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:08 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
msconce wrote:
I have enjoyed the last 2 weeks of the Mindfreak episodes. It seems that after the building stunt, the show has gotten more serious. Criss is getting back to close up personal illusions which I love, and real escapes instead of "You think he is in the barrel and then he is not" I appreciate the return to what I loved originally about his show and Blaine's shows, the personal close-up reactions of awed spectators. The coffee cup thing was awesome as well as the ring in the salt shaker. I also liked the word on the arm, and the trash can escape. I am just enjoying it more in the last two weeks. We all use confederates at some point in our magic performances. Some tricks are impossible to do without them. When using a confederate, they become a part of the illusion, like a rabbit in a hat. Their purpose is to help create a miracle for the other people watching. Blaine and Angel are the reasons I got back into magic.

Blaine in his whole shows probably used 1% maybe 2% camra tricks and stooges. Angel uses a stooge or CT every show.

Plus Crissy is not a nicw guy. Blaine is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:53 am 
born to perform.

msconce wrote:

I have never used a stooge.

And no Angel's "close-up" is not that great really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:32 am 
born to perform.

thecooltonto wrote:
msconce wrote:

And no Angel's "close-up" is not that great really.

I have used a stooge more then once. But I don't just use one for the heck of it. The reaction needs to be huge if I'm going to use a stooge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:16 pm 
Penguin

thecooltonto wrote:

There are some massive miracles that can only be performed with a stooge (And by that I mean confederate). If you have never used one, I reccomend it. I will not name the illusions due to exposure, but if you are well traveled you will come across them.

Remember, the goal of an illusion is to create a moment of awe and childlike enjoyment and wonder for the audience member. How you get there is your choice, and your bag of tricks, but the success of an illusion is the impact it has on its audience, not the method used to make the effect occur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:22 pm 
born to perform.

msconce wrote:
thecooltonto wrote:

There are some massive miracles that can only be performed with a stooge (And by that I mean confederate). If you have never used one, I reccomend it. I will not name the illusions due to exposure, but if you are well traveled you will come across them.

Remember, the goal of an illusion is to create a moment of awe and childlike enjoyment and wonder for the audience member. How you get there is your choice, and your bag of tricks, but the success of an illusion is the impact it has on its audience, not the method used to make the effect occur.

Exactly. And, usually you could use a stooge to make it seem completely unprepared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:04 am 
Penguin

I really enjoyed last night's two episodes. It was much more close up and hands on. The PK movement and combustion under the glass box was my favorite effect. I like how he got the crowd in on it. I also liked how he discussed once again that he doesn't believe in the paranormal and is a performer with a character he "Portrays". I think Criss Angel seemed more at ease last night. It was much more confortable to watch than when he is trying to be dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:14 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
I do feel like a man, a magician, a competent real-world entertainer, a magic scholar, and an avid studier of magic history who does the research. Perhaps you could start with just one Maloney?

Why are you calling me out? Because I like Criss Angel? Why don't you tell me who your favorite magician is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Wow that is a late response. I believe I called you out due to a post you posted, but it was so long ago now I do not remember. Who are my favorite "magicians?" I have many. Well let's see, Vernon, Marlo, Ackerman, Thompson, Wonder, Swiss, Ammar, Jennings, Daryl, Harris, and more. You most likely never heard of most of them yet if you like Angel. However research their work thoroughly, as they are true practitioners of the art of magic, not hacks like Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:01 pm 
Emperor Penguin

OK I remember now. You said in a post, "I bet you feel like a man now" after one of my posts, but I see it was deleted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:16 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
Wow that is a late response. I believe I called you out due to a post you posted, but it was so long ago now I do not remember. Who are my favorite "magicians?" I have many. Well let's see, Vernon, Marlo, Ackerman, Thompson, Wonder, Swiss, Ammar, Jennings, Daryl, Harris, and more. You most likely never heard of most of them yet if you like Angel. However research their work thoroughly, as they are true practitioners of the art of magic, not hacks like Angel.

Yes I know who they are, and I've seen some of there work before. There are great, don't get me wrong, but does that mean I cant like Criss Angel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:06 pm 

Maloney123 wrote:
Yes I know who they are, and I've seen some of there work before. There are great, don't get me wrong, but does that mean I cant like Criss Angel?

I know I have written this several times on this forum directly towards you; you must have a really bad memory or you truly do not read… It’s your prerogative to like Criss Angel - Enjoy him as much as you like, but don’t get upset when you find yourself in the minority.

I have a simple suggestion: Spend more researching the history of magic and concentrate on the Art, if you are truly that serious, and spend less time here arguing without the facts or knowledge to back yourself up…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:04 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:

I know I have written this several times on this forum directly towards you; you must have a really bad memory or you truly do not read… It’s your prerogative to like Criss Angel - Enjoy him as much as you like, but don’t get upset when you find yourself in the minority.

I have a simple suggestion: Spend more researching the history of magic and concentrate on the Art, if you are truly that serious, and spend less time here arguing without the facts or knowledge to back yourself up…

I shouldn't argue with someone who knows everything I guess.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next