View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:17 pm 
Penguin

jOhNmIdNiGhT wrote:
cakkid wrote:
Yeah this is great advise for those people who want to start out.

The only thing I have to say to these kids is do not come onto this forum and ask if your are ready. If you are asking if you are ready then your are not ready. This goes the same for age if you are not old enough to drive to your own show then you are too young to perform for kids shows.
And if you are younger but you do think you are ready don't bother posting anything about it because you know what we are going to say.

-Adam Michael

Yes, I totally agree.

But thats not one of the steps to doing shows. :wink:

It kind of is. Before pretty much any of those steps you have to know if you are ready.

-Adam Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:09 am 
Penguin

this is not to do with the magic but ilove that dog pic above ma message on the over message by matts magic sos i got the name rong lol 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:24 am 
Penguin

I would say that I think it's OK to learn 2-3 tricks at the same time rather than just one (which is also OK). I think it adds to a little variety when practicing and if you stick to just these until they are mastered, there should be no problems. Some professions (and amateurs) do this as I do and I've yet to experience any problems.

But the first post in this thread is very important for all to read and delivers some great points.

Post subject: THANKS FOR THIS POST!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:24 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for this post. I'm new to magic and was just telling my wife, "Well, I know how to do all these tricks, but I don't know how to fit them together into an act..."

This is EXACTLY the advice i've needed for a while. I really appreciate you (and the others) taking the time to post and add your thoughts.

R/

Brian
San Antonio, TX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:28 am 
born to perform.

Your welcome.

Guys, I do get online often (I am mostly at the magic cafe) but I do not post unless I see I need to or I would like to go throw a comment in here and there.

I used to be active to these forums, yet my performance schedule is really busy.

Lately I have signed contracts and/or performed for HUGE companies....

SUCH AS:
S.A. Parks and Recreation- they have offered me countless jobs to 26 communty centers around the city
SEARS- I did a company picnic and competed in their talent show and won.
local schools
and more...

I also work at the local magic shop when I don't have a gig.

Don't miss me too much...things have just been quite busy with my magic.

I will try my best to keep posting!

A lot of you vetrans here at penguin may remember my story (Kyle&paddy)....I have been performing magic since I was 7 years old...now i am turning 19. In 2004 I put all my knowledge of the art together (with some of you guys help) to start producing a show...for adults, kids, schools, and corporate events. In 2005 I started testing this show with clients who didn't pay or paid very little. January of 2006, after improving my shows through following those guide lines I began to charge my full prices. It is now January of 2007...and I am getting booked every week.

Read my advice...it does help!

-john

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:27 pm 
Penguin

John- Keep the tips coming! They are incredibly helpful

Post subject: comforting stuff
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 am 
Penguin

Most helpful. You're preaching to the choir when you tell this guy about scripting.
Apologies to Newmarket and California who don't like personal tinned meat, but Ky Leth welcome back.
Funny, the first time I read your name I read it as Ky Leth and that's how I still think of it.
Sounds kinda magical, though.ron0 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:47 pm 
born to perform.

jOhNmIdNiGhT wrote:
cakkid wrote:
Yeah this is great advise for those people who want to start out.

The only thing I have to say to these kids is do not come onto this forum and ask if your are ready. If you are asking if you are ready then your are not ready. This goes the same for age if you are not old enough to drive to your own show then you are too young to perform for kids shows.
And if you are younger but you do think you are ready don't bother posting anything about it because you know what we are going to say.

-Adam Michael

Yes, I totally agree.

But thats not one of the steps to doing shows. :wink:

You don't need to be old enough to drive to do a kids show. I do them all the time and I'm only 14.

Post subject: Re: My advice.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:07 pm 
born to perform.

I just read through this because I am thinking about setting up a kids routine for my first full routine.

I think it's good advice, and I am currently working on getting some scripting worked out that would go well for a kids show.