View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:39 pm 
Emperor Penguin

No, more moronic stunts as usual. I will watch for the rare magic on the streets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Blaine also does celebrity party strolling, last I heard at about $150,000 per hour. Sick eh?

Ah yes my great memory still serves me well. But anyone can hire him at that rate, but I am sure only rich people/celebrities will.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/06/13/rent-s ... peed=20000

"David Blaine Still scrambling to find entertainment for Junior's upcoming birthday party? For $150,000 an hour, "endurance artist" David Blaine will wow guests with card tricks and other neat illusions. No, he won't encase himself in a block of ice."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:40 pm 
Penguin

Some people don't like the endurance stunts. I personnally think it's cool. Can you imagine what he could put on a resume.

Blaine can:
-Hold his breath for 17 minutes.

-Can work in adverse conditions i.e. In a block of ice, A grave, and underwater.

-Can remain in high places for extended amount of time.

-Has the ability to hang upside down for three days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:54 pm 
born to perform.

add a few more stuff and he could perform a live superhero movie ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:05 pm 
Penguin

PatrickS wrote:
Some people don't like the endurance stunts. I personnally think it's cool. Can you imagine what he could put on a resume.

Blaine can:
-Hold his breath for 17 minutes.

-Can work in adverse conditions i.e. In a block of ice, A grave, and underwater.

-Can remain in high places for extended amount of time.

-Has the ability to hang upside down for three days.

But with the exception of being able to hold your break for a long time is any of that other stuff actually cool? It's just ridiculous Guinness book type stuff if you ask me. Hanging upside down for three days? It's just as dumb as the biggest tin foil ball. They are pointless stunts. Some of the endurance stuff is actually illusion and not for real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:41 am 
Emperor Penguin

I personally admire his ability to vanish from the public spotlight, and TV for 5 years at a time between stunts. Then miraculously appear when the money is getting low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:56 am 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
I personally admire his ability to vanish from the public spotlight, and TV for 5 years at a time between stunts. Then miraculously appear when the money is getting low.

Maybe his money isn't getting low. Didn't he just buy an island for 50 million or something along those lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:46 pm 
born to perform.

I believe you're referring to Copperfield's purchase of Musha Cay Island in the Bahamas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:59 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
I believe you're referring to Copperfield's purchase of Musha Cay Island in the Bahamas.

Ah, that may be it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:09 pm 
born to perform.

Actually, Musha Cay is an island that is part of Copperfield Bay. And it's Southeast of the Bahamas. Very nice but VERY pricey. It's rather small and can only be used by reservation and can only be booked for no more than 24 guests at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:28 pm 
Penguin

I am very excited!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:58 pm 
Team Penguin

I didn't think Sailor still posted here... (Not that anyone cared...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:28 am 
born to perform.

well I'll probably watch it but it's like he really is trying to make sure he can never do magic again because after 30 minutes of being upside down you'll be dead so basically he'll need to drink water every 15 minutes just so he won't kill himself but more power to him if he doesn't end up killing himself after this one or give him permanent brain damage course it can also mean he could be using a gimmick that'll keep him safe course I don't know what type of gimmick could keep his blood from overflowing his brain. I'd actually prefer to see him try and stay awake for 13 days than to see him do this because there's less of a chance he'll kill himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:39 am 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
well I'll probably watch it but it's like he really is trying to make sure he can never do magic again because after 30 minutes of being upside down you'll be dead so basically he'll need to drink water every 15 minutes just so he won't kill himself but more power to him if he doesn't end up killing himself after this one or give him permanent brain damage course it can also mean he could be using a gimmick that'll keep him safe course I don't know what type of gimmick could keep his blood from overflowing his brain. I'd actually prefer to see him try and stay awake for 13 days than to see him do this because there's less of a chance he'll kill himself.

Well, I'll probably watch it but it's like he really is trying to make sure he can never do magic again because after 30 minutes of being upside down you'll be dead. So basically he'll need to drink water every 15 minutes just so her won't kill himself. I give him all the credit in the world if he doesn't end up killing himself or it gives him permanent brain damage. Of course, it could also mean he is using a gimmick that will keep him safe. But, I don't know what type of gimmick could keep his blood from overflowing his brain. I'd actually prefer to see him try and stay awake for 13 days than to see him to this because there's a loss chance he'll kill himself.

There, that's a lot better. Can everyone read it now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:59 am 
Emperor Penguin

Not really, you only changed like two words. Still looks the same mostly. Glad you found a spell checker finally.