View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: illusion finale
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:28 am 
Penguin

Hi all,
I am looking for an illusion to end my show, but because I travel alone I need it to be solo ready or with an audience member. I want to leave them with a wow! (don't we all!) Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:37 pm 
Penguin

Check into Andrew Mayne's stuff...bisection would work well with this, I think. Maybe one of his levitations?

Pj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:06 pm 
born to perform.

MENTAL EPIC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:01 pm 
born to perform.

The "Levitation Bar Stool" while doing "Snow Storm" is a great ender!!! it packs small and can be done by yourself! Heck you can even levitate someone else off the bar stool. You could pop open a umbrella cross your legs and make it look like the wind is blowing you off the bar stool and have the song from Mary Poppins playing in the back round called "Lets Go Fly A Kite" (up where the air is high) this is a great closer to my routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:03 am 
Penguin

I used to finish with the flying carpet. It can be set up and ready to go and left on stage the whole performance. You can use a child from the audiance, one who you may have used before and you know who is not a trouble maker.
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:50 pm 
born to perform.

um, bisection, or maybe barstool levitation like mentioned above. i personally do a simple substitution, like walk in 1 box and instantly walk out another (dont ask me for this, you can find it for like 10 bucks on the web) and when i come out i am in the middle of bisection. great finisher. just use your imagination, you can come up with something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:50 pm 
born to perform.

I disagree with most people here on what to use. You need a FUN effect that I believe shold involve the birthday kid. SOMETHING THAT IS GOING TO MAKE THEM LAUGH! AFTER ALL LAUGHTER IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS IN CHILDRENS MAGIC. I have got into close up more then kids and have a great ending called the coloring book monte - its terrific. I custom made mine and no kid has ever seen it (that i have performed for). If you want it, PM me and i'll give you a good price - after all Im only 15 and knows how hard it is to pay for some stuff! Even if you dont want the one I mentioned, I would suggest anything thats "fun" or "laugh-filled"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:42 am 
Penguin

to end my magic show, i have magic shackles, so i do an escape routine. its fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:13 am 
born to perform.

Just tell everone that you will make them all disappear .then put a paper bag over ur head and tell them thats the show thanks for coming out and good night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:23 pm 
Penguin

LOL, that's great Tim, I like that a lot! It may not fit a magic show so much, but a comedy show would benefit from that tremendously!

To make it more magical...perhaps you could say that, then vanish yourself somehow...think of the venue and ways you could accomplish it!

Pj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:13 pm 
Penguin

I would not recemend doing Bisection at the end of you show. Its a qiuck illusion wich I think should rather be used in the begining of your show.
What you could do is a walking thru mirror. You propably think they cost much, well they dont have to. The walking thru mirror is found in Maynes book, SoloX. It is very easy to build. Doesnt cost much, it depends on the mirror.
A pleximirror is more expencive then a normal mirror. However its lighter and easier to transportate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:16 pm 
Penguin

I dont recemend doing bisection at the end of your show. Its a quick illusion. I think you should rather use it at the begining of your show. Sort of like an attention graber.

A walking thru mirror would be perfect to end your show. They dont have to be expencive. It all depends on the mirror. Pleximirrors are more expencive then normal mirrors. However they are lighter, and easier to transportate. You can prorpably find the plans for it at www.magicauction.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:48 am 
born to perform.

Get Andrew Mayne 1 man books like Solo x or somthin . look at his site

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

Although pricey, I end mine with a either a silk fountain or a loaded genii tube, during the show there is a lot of audience participation so for the finale I want something they will remember. Pulling 20-30 silks and long ribbons out of an empty can tends to leave them talking as they leave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:04 am 
Penguin

You kids seriosuly need to look beyond the world of online magic shops for ideas. It's called researching the art. We end our show with fire. Our version of torch thru the arm. Always good. The best way to end a show is with something fast, quick hitting, and usually to music is good. Fire is always a crowd pleaser but if fire is not allowed a strait jacket escape works well to build a crowd to a nice height.

Penguin and the internet is not the only place to find your answers.

Bizzaro.
www.smappdooda.com

*Sorry for the multi-posts. The forums were smoking crack last night.*