View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:19 am 
born to perform.

Wow, interesting article. It makes you feel badly for the poor guy being held accountable for his family's actions, but then again as a parent it would be a scary prospect.

I feel badly for the guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:12 pm 
born to perform.

kristenl wrote:
Wow, interesting article. It makes you feel badly for the poor guy being held accountable for his family's actions, but then again as a parent it would be a scary prospect.

I feel badly for the guy.

You can't blame the people for not wanting to hire him - but he still deserves every one of his customers back. Really though, it's not fair that he has to be held responsible for something his family did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:42 pm 
Team Penguin

Yeah...it's awkward...and a lot of people really hold it against him. He said you wouldn't believe how many background checks he's had because of his family history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:06 pm 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
Yeah...it's awkward...and a lot of people really hold it against him. He said you wouldn't believe how many background checks he's had because of his family history.

So you've spoken to him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:16 pm 
Team Penguin

yeah. He's just another person like anyone else...that is one thing people have a hard time understanding about well known people and celebrities. I've performed with and hung out with MANY of the big guys and they are all really cool and normal when you talk to them like just another person...David Kaye is more of an aquantance though...I haven't really hung out with him much...I only spoke to him for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:04 pm 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
yeah. He's just another person like anyone else...that is one thing people have a hard time understanding about well known people and celebrities. I've performed with and hung out with MANY of the big guys and they are all really cool and normal when you talk to them like just another person...David Kaye is more of an aquantance though...I haven't really hung out with him much...I only spoke to him for a while.

Thats really cool. I dream of being able to do that one day.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:18 pm 
born to perform.

All you have to do is go to some of the conventions on kid shows. Kidabra is probably one of the best one's. Pretty much anyone that is someone in this field is there.
By the way who all went this year? I'm bummed because I missed the Vent haven convention this year. I'm hoping to go to Kidabra again next year.

Post subject: Re: '
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:32 pm 
born to perform.

sluggo wrote:
All you have to do is go to some of the conventions on kid shows. Kidabra is probably one of the best one's. Pretty much anyone that is someone in this field is there.
By the way who all went this year? I'm bummed because I missed the Vent haven convention this year. I'm hoping to go to Kidabra again next year.

Where's kidabra held?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:45 pm 
born to perform.

I would love to go Kyle. We have one of their tapes. I would love for my daughter to see Trixie Bond.

What do you like most about the Kidabra convention?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:32 pm 
born to perform.

kristenl wrote:
I would love to go Kyle. We have one of their tapes. I would love for my daughter to see Trixie Bond.

What do you like most about the Kidabra convention?

Again, can you tell me where it is held.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:20 am 
born to perform.

http://www.kidabra.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:01 am 
Penguin

I was there this year as I stated before. It was my first time down as its a long expensive trip from central Canada (not as expensive as some others had it but it hit the pocket book pretty good.)

Over all I had a good time. I had dinner with most of the names on the last night and we played a trick on Mr. Kaye who will probably now remember me for some time.

Some of the lectures were amazing and some were not so good. David's was extremely entertaining and I got a bit out of it. Brad Ross was inspirational but he did plug his system a fair bit. I will probably head down there next year with my fiancé and treat it more like a trip and put a little less pressure on it. Hearing so much about it means I put a lot of pressure on it and I wish I hadn't.

I just wish it was held in January as I would love to be able to have an excuse to head down there in the winter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 am 
Team Penguin

I've never been to Kidabra...but thought about going many times. My friend David Allen did the "McGuyver Magic" lecture along with Scott Francis the past two years. David as a GENIOUS. He lives about 20 minutes from me and has been a kind friend since I was a kid. He is one of those guys that you can give an idea for a trick, and he can make it happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:08 am 
born to perform.

kristenl wrote:
http://www.kidabra.com/

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:40 am 
Team Penguin

I only live about 3 hours from where the convention is held every August (Pigeon Forge, TN)...I ALWAYS attend the WInter Carnival of Magic (held in the same place) every March...it's not really a kidshow convention, but of all the conventions I've ever been to, it has to be my favorite. You might like to check into it also.

I just finished up with SEAM held in Atlanta this past weekend. It was a great convention. They won't be having it next year due to the IBM convention being held in Nashville.