View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Apr 2007
Posts: 1482
Location: Here
It's not a continuous shot kick, he's always been like that.

And msconce, I like the close up magic and got sick of the show when every episode was a new stunt. Most of the episodes were: "This is impossible. No one has done this. He's gonna die. Blah Blah Blah." You know he's not gonna die because they're showing it on tv. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:44 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
fallingblood wrote:
Maloney- Why don't you actually start trying to look up some answers instead of asking hundreds of questions that you could easily find? And just so you know, Criss acted like Blaine in one of the episodes.

As for laymen not being able to catch Criss; I know quite a few people who know that Criss is a hack. Many people don't even know who he is. You ask the older generations about a magician, they will say Copperfield, or Houdini. Criss's fan base is actually quite small, especially now, since he's becoming so much more of a hack.


There were so many things wrong with that post I don't even no where to start. First off, the people "you know" think Criss is a hack probably because you told them so.

Secondly, no older generations even watch A&E, or any shows like Mindfreak for that matter. They either watch the news or sports - well, that's what I get from it anyway.

Thirdly, what am I going to do, go to google and type in "What did Criss Angel do to rip off David Blaine?" No, I just asked, and if somebody knew they could easily just move their fingers down to the key board and typed it in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:43 am 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Posts: 1777
Maloney123 wrote:
fallingblood wrote:
Maloney- Why don't you actually start trying to look up some answers instead of asking hundreds of questions that you could easily find? And just so you know, Criss acted like Blaine in one of the episodes.

As for laymen not being able to catch Criss; I know quite a few people who know that Criss is a hack. Many people don't even know who he is. You ask the older generations about a magician, they will say Copperfield, or Houdini. Criss's fan base is actually quite small, especially now, since he's becoming so much more of a hack.


There were so many things wrong with that post I don't even no where to start. First off, the people "you know" think Criss is a hack probably because you told them so.

Wrong - I have heard from many people that KNOW he is a hack. No one needed to tell them.

Secondly, no older generations even watch A&E, or any shows like Mindfreak for that matter. They either watch the news or sports - well, that's what I get from it anyway.

Wrong - How do you know what older generations watch? What statistics do you research? Oh Yeah, you don't do research, you ask other people to answer questions for you.

Thirdly, what am I going to do, go to google and type in "What did Criss Angel do to rip off David Blaine?" No, I just asked, and if somebody knew they could easily just move their fingers down to the key board and typed it in.

It's called learning through research and experience. Are you too lazy to look yourself? You're the "expert" on Criss Angel, you were unaware how Criss Constantly bashed Blaine?!?



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:09 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
fallingblood wrote:
Maloney- Why don't you actually start trying to look up some answers instead of asking hundreds of questions that you could easily find? And just so you know, Criss acted like Blaine in one of the episodes.

As for laymen not being able to catch Criss; I know quite a few people who know that Criss is a hack. Many people don't even know who he is. You ask the older generations about a magician, they will say Copperfield, or Houdini. Criss's fan base is actually quite small, especially now, since he's becoming so much more of a hack.


There were so many things wrong with that post I don't even no where to start. First off, the people "you know" think Criss is a hack probably because you told them so.

Wrong - I have heard from many people that KNOW he is a hack. No one needed to tell them.

Secondly, no older generations even watch A&E, or any shows like Mindfreak for that matter. They either watch the news or sports - well, that's what I get from it anyway.

Wrong - How do you know what older generations watch? What statistics do you research? Oh Yeah, you don't do research, you ask other people to answer questions for you.

Thirdly, what am I going to do, go to google and type in "What did Criss Angel do to rip off David Blaine?" No, I just asked, and if somebody knew they could easily just move their fingers down to the key board and typed it in.

It's called learning through research and experience. Are you too lazy to look yourself? You're the "expert" on Criss Angel, you were unaware how Criss Constantly bashed Blaine?!?



You know, I'd say something to you, but you'd just use your mod powers to ban me. Listen old man, your the one thats wrong. Older generations just never heard of Criss because they never watch A&E. And if they did, they'd probably watch him, and not say anything bad about him. And nobody around where I live thinks Criss is a hack. They love to watch him, and they do so every Wednesday night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:14 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 295
Location: California Posts: 537098
Face it Maloney-baloney, Criss has very little if at all any magic skills. When he's not using stooges and camera cuts, he is using tricks that are known to even most beginner magicians, like the CTW. I wanted to shatter my TV screen at the bad acting on the building implosion escape, not to mention that Copperfield did this years before Criss did.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Posts: 1777
Maloney123 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
fallingblood wrote:
Maloney- Why don't you actually start trying to look up some answers instead of asking hundreds of questions that you could easily find? And just so you know, Criss acted like Blaine in one of the episodes.

As for laymen not being able to catch Criss; I know quite a few people who know that Criss is a hack. Many people don't even know who he is. You ask the older generations about a magician, they will say Copperfield, or Houdini. Criss's fan base is actually quite small, especially now, since he's becoming so much more of a hack.


There were so many things wrong with that post I don't even no where to start. First off, the people "you know" think Criss is a hack probably because you told them so.

Wrong - I have heard from many people that KNOW he is a hack. No one needed to tell them.

Secondly, no older generations even watch A&E, or any shows like Mindfreak for that matter. They either watch the news or sports - well, that's what I get from it anyway.

Wrong - How do you know what older generations watch? What statistics do you research? Oh Yeah, you don't do research, you ask other people to answer questions for you.

Thirdly, what am I going to do, go to google and type in "What did Criss Angel do to rip off David Blaine?" No, I just asked, and if somebody knew they could easily just move their fingers down to the key board and typed it in.

It's called learning through research and experience. Are you too lazy to look yourself? You're the "expert" on Criss Angel, you were unaware how Criss Constantly bashed Blaine?!?



You know, I'd say something to you, but you'd just use your mod powers to ban me.

If you broke the forum rules, you bet your butt I would!

Listen old man, your the one thats wrong.

LOL – You seem to be all alone with your opinion. (Old Man!?! That cut me deep, I'm going to sulk in the corner now).


Older generations just never heard of Criss because they never watch A&E. And if they did, they'd probably watch him, and not say anything bad about him.

Prove it! What statistics are you researching to show what demographic watch’s A&E. Since you have a reputation of NOT researching and begging people to answer easy questions for you, it’s obvious this is your biased, singular, flawed opinion.

And nobody around where I live thinks Criss is a hack. They love to watch him, and they do so every Wednesday night.

Around where? Fantastland?

You are perfectly welcome to enjoy Criss Angel’s little cable TV show all you wish, but face it; he is a hack and the majority rules on this opinion. Your opinion Fails when you try to argue with serious magicians that know better…


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 03 Nov 2007
Posts: 119
I think it is comical how people spend their free time bashing Criss Angel...He is not god's gift to magic but some people find him entertaining and that is okay. To each his own. Get out there and either grow up, or actually perform some magic for someone...oh, and try not to be a hack or everyone here will spend their free time bashing you and making fun of people who actually like you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:02 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
fallingblood wrote:
Maloney- Why don't you actually start trying to look up some answers instead of asking hundreds of questions that you could easily find? And just so you know, Criss acted like Blaine in one of the episodes.

As for laymen not being able to catch Criss; I know quite a few people who know that Criss is a hack. Many people don't even know who he is. You ask the older generations about a magician, they will say Copperfield, or Houdini. Criss's fan base is actually quite small, especially now, since he's becoming so much more of a hack.


There were so many things wrong with that post I don't even no where to start. First off, the people "you know" think Criss is a hack probably because you told them so.

Wrong - I have heard from many people that KNOW he is a hack. No one needed to tell them.

Secondly, no older generations even watch A&E, or any shows like Mindfreak for that matter. They either watch the news or sports - well, that's what I get from it anyway.

Wrong - How do you know what older generations watch? What statistics do you research? Oh Yeah, you don't do research, you ask other people to answer questions for you.

Thirdly, what am I going to do, go to google and type in "What did Criss Angel do to rip off David Blaine?" No, I just asked, and if somebody knew they could easily just move their fingers down to the key board and typed it in.

It's called learning through research and experience. Are you too lazy to look yourself? You're the "expert" on Criss Angel, you were unaware how Criss Constantly bashed Blaine?!?



You know, I'd say something to you, but you'd just use your mod powers to ban me.

If you broke the forum rules, you bet your butt I would!

Listen old man, your the one thats wrong.

LOL – You seem to be all alone with your opinion. (Old Man!?! That cut me deep, I'm going to sulk in the corner now).


Older generations just never heard of Criss because they never watch A&E. And if they did, they'd probably watch him, and not say anything bad about him.

Prove it! What statistics are you researching to show what demographic watch’s A&E. Since you have a reputation of NOT researching and begging people to answer easy questions for you, it’s obvious this is your biased, singular, flawed opinion.

And nobody around where I live thinks Criss is a hack. They love to watch him, and they do so every Wednesday night.

Around where? Fantastland?

You are perfectly welcome to enjoy Criss Angel’s little cable TV show all you wish, but face it; he is a hack and the majority rules on this opinion. Your opinion [b]Fails when you try to argue with serious magicians that know better…[/b]


Exactly. Serious magicians. And how many of them are out there. Your just jealous because Criss has more fans then you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:21 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Posts: 1777
Maloney123 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:
You are perfectly welcome to enjoy Criss Angel’s little cable TV show all you wish, but face it; he is a hack and the majority rules on this opinion. Your opinion Fails when you try to argue with serious magicians that know better…


Exactly. Serious magicians. And how many of them are out there. Your just jealous because Criss has more fans then you.

Yes - Serious Magicians! That is what I do for a living. The Art of Magic is my career, not a hobby!

I do not perform to get "Fans". If that's what you think, you are into magic for the wrong reasons; just like those Yo Yo's that are into magic to make money.

I do not have a single jealous bone in my body. I respect the Art and my motivation for "calling out" Angel is for his lack thereof.

You completely avoided my questions and legitimate statements rebutting your erroneous rants. By focusing your argument towards me instead of "The Hack" proves you are losing the argument. If Criss Angel was so great, you would not need to attack me at all.

(This thread is about Criss Angel, not me. Personal attacks towards me, i.e. name calling and such will get this topic locked and you banned).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:44 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:
You are perfectly welcome to enjoy Criss Angel’s little cable TV show all you wish, but face it; he is a hack and the majority rules on this opinion. Your opinion Fails when you try to argue with serious magicians that know better…


Exactly. Serious magicians. And how many of them are out there. Your just jealous because Criss has more fans then you.

Yes - Serious Magicians! That is what I do for a living. The Art of Magic is my career, not a hobby!

I do not perform to get "Fans". If that's what you think, you are into magic for the wrong reasons; just like those Yo Yo's that are into magic to make money.

I do not have a single jealous bone in my body. I respect the Art and my motivation for "calling out" Angel is for his lack thereof.

You completely avoided my questions and legitimate statements rebutting your erroneous rants. By focusing your argument towards me instead of "The Hack" proves you are losing the argument. If Criss Angel was so great, you would not need to attack me at all.

(This thread is about Criss Angel, not me. Personal attacks towards me, i.e. name calling and such will get this topic locked and you banned).


See, thats what I meant. That wouldn't happen if me and another member were arguing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:57 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Posts: 1777
Maloney123 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:
You are perfectly welcome to enjoy Criss Angel’s little cable TV show all you wish, but face it; he is a hack and the majority rules on this opinion. Your opinion Fails when you try to argue with serious magicians that know better…


Exactly. Serious magicians. And how many of them are out there. Your just jealous because Criss has more fans then you.

Yes - Serious Magicians! That is what I do for a living. The Art of Magic is my career, not a hobby!

I do not perform to get "Fans". If that's what you think, you are into magic for the wrong reasons; just like those Yo Yo's that are into magic to make money.

I do not have a single jealous bone in my body. I respect the Art and my motivation for "calling out" Angel is for his lack thereof.

You completely avoided my questions and legitimate statements rebutting your erroneous rants. By focusing your argument towards me instead of "The Hack" proves you are losing the argument. If Criss Angel was so great, you would not need to attack me at all.

(This thread is about Criss Angel, not me. Personal attacks towards me, i.e. name calling and such will get this topic locked and you banned).


See, thats what I meant. That wouldn't happen if me and another member were arguing.

What exactly do you mean? You seriously have a handicap communicating your thoughts. Do not be disheartened though, study more, excel in your education and you'll do better as you mature.

If another member was arguing off-topic or resorting to personal attacks they would certainly fail into the crosshairs of a moderator as well. Don’t flatter yourself, your not being singled out.

You missed my point. If you like Criss Angel, so be it. If you want to take up the Loyal’s Crusade defending him, you are entitled. But don’t be surprised when people disagree with you with an avalanche of retorts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:02 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Posts: 615
Somewhere nearer topic, did anybody see if Angel had scars from the nailgun?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:07 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 335
Fred531 wrote:
Somewhere nearer topic, did anybody see if Angel had scars from the nailgun?

On his Close-up episode he had small band-aid's on his face where the glass hit him and all on his hand where the nail went through. So if there are scars I don't know. Maybe he's trying to make you think there are by putting band-aid's there or maybe there really are. I still don't know if that was actually real or just part of the illusion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:24 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
iwantgoodmagic wrote:
Fred531 wrote:
Somewhere nearer topic, did anybody see if Angel had scars from the nailgun?

On his Close-up episode he had small band-aid's on his face where the glass hit him and all on his hand where the nail went through. So if there are scars I don't know. Maybe he's trying to make you think there are by putting band-aid's there or maybe there really are. I still don't know if that was actually real or just part of the illusion.


I'm really 50/50 on whether it was real or not. Really one could say it is, because he has band aids and stuff all over where the stuff supposedly "hit". Wouldn't Criss find it hard though doing sleights with his bad hand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 03 Nov 2007
Posts: 119
I don't think it was real. I despised that stunt. I have liked alot of his stuf lately but I can't stand his consistant cussing. Come on man. Maturity time. He would be SO much more effective and believable without the language in my opinion..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.