View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:40 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 2713
whenever I do a show and people see my case they go, Oh wow. you sure do have a lot of stuff. but they act surprised and a little confused


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Posts: 4110
Location: Milford OH
Why would you carry that much stuff. remeber pack small, play big. I can carry my whold show in a pouch around my waist.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:33 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
paddy wrote:
Why would you carry that much stuff. remeber pack small, play big. I can carry my whold show in a pouch around my waist.


I guess you don't use hippity hop rabbits, or miser's dream during your kids show. Those two have a fairly big prop (well for Miser's Dream, you need a bucket) that you need to carry around with you. Although, a pouch could hold some rope, TT and silks, scissors, sponge balls, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:25 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 3120
Location: Everywhere, but no where
My show sits in an electrician's case, but I'm smart enough to lock it when I'm not using it. :wink:

I've only had a few people try to look inside my case - most of them children. It's easy enough to distract a child by giving them "a very important job" to do. IF you tell them the "job" is important, they lose interest in the case, and focus on not ruining the "important job".

When adults try to look in the case . . . bad things happen. I've only had one person try to ruin my show intentionally, he reached into my case while I was trying to get another volunteer on stage. I leaned forward with the case behind me, and tapped the lid with my foot (closing it on his hand). Needless to say, he didn't "put his hand in the cookie jar" again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:07 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
dbaker_creator wrote:
My show sits in an electrician's case, but I'm smart enough to lock it when I'm not using it. :wink:

I've only had a few people try to look inside my case - most of them children. It's easy enough to distract a child by giving them "a very important job" to do. IF you tell them the "job" is important, they lose interest in the case, and focus on not ruining the "important job".

When adults try to look in the case . . . bad things happen. I've only had one person try to ruin my show intentionally, he reached into my case while I was trying to get another volunteer on stage. I leaned forward with the case behind me, and tapped the lid with my foot (closing it on his hand). Needless to say, he didn't "put his hand in the cookie jar" again.


Sounds like you handled that situation. What did the person do after that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:50 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 3120
Location: Everywhere, but no where
Politely sat and participated in the routine when required.

Sad as it is, 14-25year olds are often as immature as 4-8 year olds. They do whatever they can to get attention, but straighten up when an "authority figure" is watching them. Closing the case on him tells him that I AM watching him, and that he needed to behave himself.

Incidentally, the guy was in his early 20s. :cry: Goodness - if that's what my generation has to offer - the world is doomed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:17 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Posts: 438
Location: Northern VA
[quote="flaminfire"]I need to buy a case for birthday shows, whats a recommended one?[/quote]

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/executive ... -3202.html

this case may seem like a kids magic case but it is actually pretty sturdy!
it comes with tricks and the case has places to put your cards, pens, cups and balls and more! it has a two locks to keep away snoopers. the case won't last a lifetime but it should last atleast a few years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:37 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
drewer wrote:
flaminfire wrote:
I need to buy a case for birthday shows, whats a recommended one?


http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/executive ... -3202.html

this case may seem like a kids magic case but it is actually pretty sturdy!
it comes with tricks and the case has places to put your cards, pens, cups and balls and more! it has a two locks to keep away snoopers. the case won't last a lifetime but it should last atleast a few years.


It is a magic set. But, I guess you could use it as a case after you take all the stuff out of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:10 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 3120
Location: Everywhere, but no where
drewer wrote:
flaminfire wrote:
I need to buy a case for birthday shows, whats a recommended one?


http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/executive ... -3202.html

this case may seem like a kids magic case but it is actually pretty sturdy!
it comes with tricks and the case has places to put your cards, pens, cups and balls and more! it has a two locks to keep away snoopers. the case won't last a lifetime but it should last atleast a few years.


Go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy an electrician's case ($20-25).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.