View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:41 pm 
Penguin

msconce wrote:
I just talked to Rich Ferguson. He is a great guy by the way. My method is one of the methods he uses, so I will not pursue marketing. I respect his work and am happy I can perform the illusion, but it is his intellectual property, and I respect that. Sincerely, Matt Sconce

Point proven.... You said you saw Rich perform this and that is how you created your method. The obvious thing to do would have been to ask Rich first if your method was similar before you start promoting a product you can't even sell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:59 pm 
Penguin

Lumas wrote:
msconce wrote:
I just talked to Rich Ferguson. He is a great guy by the way. My method is one of the methods he uses, so I will not pursue marketing. I respect his work and am happy I can perform the illusion, but it is his intellectual property, and I respect that. Sincerely, Matt Sconce

Point proven.... You said you saw Rich perform this and that is how you created your method. The obvious thing to do would have been to ask Rich first if your method was similar before you start promoting a product you can't even sell.

First of all, yes I could market it if I wanted to, as I developed it independently. I did not have any clue how Rich did the illusion. I found a way that worked for me and it was powerful. Watching Rich does not give you any clue to his method, and the reasoning of your post, would be the same as saying that after watching David Blaine levitate, a person should not try to develop their own way of levitating. Of course they should. That is the reason we have variety in magic. That is what I tried to do.

I find it sad that so many people who have commented, on this and other threads lack the decency to treat other people like human beings. Instead, they are rude and juvenile, insulting and seem to get a kick out of being abrasive.

I posted in the last post that I respect Rich, and since finding out the method was one of the ones he uses, I will not pursue it. I think that shows that I am respecting his intellectual property and doing the right thing. He had no problem with anything I have done up to this point and was an amazing person.

This is the only forum where I have been treated this way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:05 pm 
Penguin

Please see what Rich said about this on the Magic cafe: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/v...&28&start=0#27

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:09 am 
Penguin

he he.... You know you miss A LOT in the description of the effect. Not workable as you describe it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:13 am 
Penguin

brabrabra wrote:
he he.... You know you miss A LOT in the description of the effect. Not workable as you describe it.

It is quite workable. Easy...no, but workable...yes. Of course the method is not explained in the description, as it would give it away, but it is definitely able to be accomplished with a bit of creativity. You will see what I mean when you watch Rich's work after its release. The group application will require a certain scenario to be able to be accomplished. It will not be effective in every situation, but in the situation I described, it can and has been done.