View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pocket knife mid-air card stab
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:08 pm 
Penguin

Hey, was just wondering if anyone knew of somewhere that would sell this effect. I have seen the ninga sword card stab but I am looking for a more street effect, where one would use a pocket knife.
The overall view of the effect would be this, Spectator chooses a card signs it, then the card is shuffled into the deck and seemingly lost. The magician then takes out a pocket knife (might be examinable, but im not sure) then he tosses the deck into the air and is seen to stab or impale one single card onto the knife. There selected and signed card.

So does anyone have an idea of where I could find something along those lines?

Post subject: Re: Pocket knife mid-air card stab
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:44 pm 
Penguin

k_dacalio wrote:
Hey, was just wondering if anyone knew of somewhere that would sell this effect. I have seen the ninga sword card stab but I am looking for a more street effect, where one would use a pocket knife.
The overall view of the effect would be this, Spectator chooses a card signs it, then the card is shuffled into the deck and seemingly lost. The magician then takes out a pocket knife (might be examinable, but im not sure) then he tosses the deck into the air and is seen to stab or impale one single card onto the knife. There selected and signed card.

So does anyone have an idea of where I could find something along those lines?

Not a very good street trick if you ask me. your cards could easily be lost. Try google for your information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:27 pm 
born to perform.

First of all, I would like to thank you for posting this in the most wanted section. You don't even realize how often some new guy puts his fist post in the gen. discussion when it should be here.

Anyway, I don't know if this is a single marketed effect but I already know more than one way it could be done. Just think... How could you achieve this with knowledge you already have?

Post subject: Not Worth It
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:46 pm 
Penguin

The money you may make with this trick-if you do figure it out, and perform it in the streets-won't cover the bail you'll have to put up, and the attorney fees you'll have to pay, every time you get arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, brandishing a weapon, etc.

Post subject: Re: Not Worth It
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:30 am 
Penguin

Mensan wrote:
The money you may make with this trick-if you do figure it out, and perform it in the streets-won't cover the bail you'll have to put up, and the attorney fees you'll have to pay, every time you get arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, brandishing a weapon, etc.

Everybody In my school Carry's a weapon and hasn't got arrested. The only way police will know if you have a weapon is if you pulled it out in front of one. If you're worried about getting arrested doing this trick, then i'm sorry but your a dumb @$$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:16 am 

Anyway, nobody's answered your question. That exact effect was marketed many years ago by John Kennedy. The "weapon" is a small 2 inch Swiss Army pocket knife.

One look at this and you can pretty much figure out the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:56 am 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
Anyway, nobody's answered your question. That exact effect was marketed many years ago by John Kennedy. The "weapon" is a small 2 inch Swiss Army pocket knife.

One look at this and you can pretty much figure out the rest.

I guess I'm dumb, because I didn't figure out the rest. :roll:

Post subject: They Will Know
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:19 am 
Penguin

The police CAN-if they choose-perform a "Stop & Frisk"...withOUT any cause, reasonable suspicion, etc. Frisking you, and finding a knife on you is all they need to arrest you. When they do, that "everybody in my school does it" line is NOT going to help you. It will just cause the cops to stop & frisk more kids from your school. When others find out that YOU are to blame for that, you will have real problems...with kids who want revenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:15 am 
Penguin

Back from classes today and checked the post, first thanks for the complement on the correct thread section to post in. heh im not a complete idiot. As for it being pliable for streets, I just used the street term to stear clear of the stage performances of this like the ninga sword.
I have thought of ways to achieve this but it involves a magor sleight of hand with the card, and a the knife would be non gimmicked.

As for having a concealed weapon on the streets, I dont think this is a major problem, because one its self protection, Im not saying Im carrying a 10" Bowie knife, No simply an everyday pocket knife one would carry around for day to day use. And for the younger magician in public schools like jr high or high school they shouldnt carry weapons and I agree. So this would not be suited toward that setting. This is for more of an at home or outdoor area maybe. not in a school or store.

I will look up John Kennedy and see what I find. The one look and the rest is figured out didnt help me to much, I cant figure the trick by looking at a pic of a pocket knife. Ive looked at my own swiss knife and nothing triggers in my mind.

But thanks for all the info. Ill look back for more. And post if I find anything on the web, although I searched for a few hours yesterday and found this
http://media.theory11.com/1015-Switch-Blade
that is pretty much as close I want to figure out.

Post subject: Re: They Will Know
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:27 pm 
Penguin

Mensan wrote:
The police CAN-if they choose-perform a "Stop & Frisk"...withOUT any cause, reasonable suspicion, etc. Frisking you, and finding a knife on you is all they need to arrest you. When they do, that "everybody in my school does it" line is NOT going to help you. It will just cause the cops to stop & frisk more kids from your school. When others find out that YOU are to blame for that, you will have real problems...with kids who want revenge.

Police don't usually just stop random people on streets last time I checked. They usually have better things to do. I know they can stop people but my point was that there not going to arrest you, all you have to do is do the trick for them and they will understand. I didn't say I would tell the cop that everyone in the school does it. everyone does it in my school and no one has gotten caught, so your chances of getting caught and put behind bars are extremely rare. Your more likely to get hit by a lightning bolt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:29 am 
born to perform.

I have an obvious idea. . . I shall sell it in an e-book for $1,000,000 :twisted: :twisted: Bwah ha ha bwah ha ha!

No seriously though, PM me and I'll tell you about it. 8)

P.S. Dave, if it makes you feel better, I understood what you where getting at, and it WAS a good idea. :wink: You tried man. . . you tried. . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:48 am 
born to perform.

k_dacalio wrote:
. . . I searched for a few hours yesterday and found this
http://media.theory11.com/1015-Switch-Blade
that is pretty much as close I want to figure out.

Yes, wouldn't it be nice if that could be done. Oh to dream.

Watch that video again. It's been posted to the magiccafe more than once, and has been openly ridiculed.

Notice that the card suddenly appears on the door - not on the end of the knife. Don't get me wrong, there IS a method, it just requires an assistant, a modified door, and alot of BS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:50 am 
Penguin

You can indeed buy this from daniel ( maddison, for those that didnt know last name). And the clip you see there is edited,yes.. Daniel said that himself..But he also said tht its for sale, but then a reel method that work in RL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:57 am 
born to perform.

jonen94 wrote:
You can indeed buy this from daniel ( maddison, for those that didnt know last name). And the clip you see there is edited,yes.. Daniel said that himself..But he also said tht its for sale, but then a reel method that work in RL.

So someone should buy a product from this guy because he admits to mis-representing it with an altered video?
And, we're just suppose to "take his word" that it looks that good for real?
If it looks that good when it's actually performed. . . why did he need to edit the video? :wink: things to think about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:16 pm 
Penguin

if that is daniel madisons card trick then why is it raza [sp?] doing it and not him?
I figured there had to be help somewhere in the trick but you can pause it and the card does appear on the knife before contact with the door.