View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:01 pm 
born to perform.

When you buy an effect, you basically have the right to perform that effect in your shows. However...You need to contact the creator and get the rights to perform that effect on television. Many of the effects you buy sometimes state this. Even if you change the effect to make it your own, the underlying concept belongs to someone else and you should obtain permission, and give credit to them when performing it on TV. This excludes short news footage, or local broadcasts...

Angel would not need their permission to perform an effect, but would need to get permission to air it on his show. Criss HAS been known to "steal" effects and even claim it as his own, however, as much as I hate to admit it, he doesn't do it often. I can only think of a couple of instances where this occurred.

When doing stage shows, there are certain rules and regulations you have to follow, mainly with music that may be copyrighted, but you do not have to give credit to every trick you do. As someone said earlier, it would be pointless, as your audience would probably not know the creator's name nor would they particularly care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:15 pm 

Every episode of Mindfreak opens with the statement,

"Warning: The stunts and illusions performed on this program were designed and tested by Criss Angel, a highly-trained professional. These demonstrations are extremely dangerous and should not be attempted by anyone, anywhere, at any time.”

There are so many contradictions and fabrications in that statement, we could tear it apart from now until Sunday.

According to this statement, everything he has performed on his cable show is too dangerous and off-hands to all of us.

This also gives the false impression to his mindless “Loyals” that everything he does is his own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:59 pm 

He also proved that wrong when he released Sinful. He gave Houchin full credit for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:47 am 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
He also proved that wrong when he released Sinful. He gave Houchin full credit for it.

Thank you, I was just about to say that.

As for that opening statement, it's just for those stupid 12 year olds don't go out and lie on a fence and try to get it to stick up through them. Long story short, it's just so nobody tries any of his "illusions" for real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:33 am 
born to perform.

I've heard that Criss' popularity keeps increasing. I beg to differ. Take a look at the graph below. This is the popularity of Criss Angel. Notice how it has been declining....

In fact, it's about as low right now as his HIGHEST point in 2005. I'm told his production with Cirque is running into lots of problems. Maybe they're discovering that he's nothing but hype and his skill can't be duplicated in the live show because of the camera edits in his televised show. I'm beginning to think that Cirque has discovered he's a hack, too and trying to figure a way to scrap the show without losing their butts, financially.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:38 am 

I spoke with a very well know Las Vegas Magician Wednesday night and he tells me That Cirque is running into quite a few problems "over there" and that is all he needs to say.

I will not mention this individuals name because he told me in confidence but I truly believe him.

RE: the Graph - you can see the spikes around the time of each season premiere of Mindfreak and how is dramatically tappers off when people become bored, uninterested or disgusted and then with each season it drops even faster…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:06 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
I spoke with a very well know Las Vegas Magician Wednesday night and he tells me That Cirque is running into quite a few problems "over there" and that is all he needs to say.

I will not mention this individuals name because he told me in confidence but I truly believe him.

RE: the Graph - you can see the spikes around the time of each season premiere of Mindfreak and how is dramatically tappers off when people become bored, uninterested or disgusted and then with each season it drops even faster…

Who made up that graph? I need some evidence that that's actually legit, which I believe it's not. Sure, Crique may be running in to some problems, but that's normal. I'm sure they will have the kinks work before to many of his 6000 shows pass by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:13 pm 
born to perform.

Maloney123 wrote:
Who made up that graph? I need some evidence that that's actually legit, which I believe it's not. Sure, Crique may be running in to some problems, but that's normal. I'm sure they will have the kinks work before to many of his 6000 shows pass by.

First of all...I'm offended that you would think that I would post something that wasn't true or legit. :evil: The above graph is an overall chart of Regional interest of Criss Angel. And secondly, here's the link to the graph, as well as some other information.

http://www.google.com/insights/search/# ... lp=&cmpt=q

Also notice that the United States in not even in the Top 10 for regional interest in Criss Angel.

Apology accepted in advance, Maloney :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:33 pm 

Maloney123 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:

The graph wasn’t made up – it’s the real thing. Prove it’s not…

Where did you read or hear that Cirque running into problems is normal? Are you privy to the exact problems they are having? Do you know exactly what those “kinks” are?!?

Did you know the show is running one month behind schedule?!?

Are you questioning me or my legitimate source?

Be very very careful should you decide to respond, I wouldn’t want to you get” pwned” yet again…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:22 pm 
born to perform.

Why is it that people who KNOW what they're talking about are doubted when they have given no reason to be doubted? I suppose it's because there are some people that are so full of crap that ruin all credibility for the rest of us. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:47 pm 
Penguin

Criss didn't use Gutbuster, he did it the other way, the cheap gag/prank/joke way. I won't reveal it here because it doesn't take very much brain power to figure it out.

My guess is he didn't steal it, just used a method he won on a $0.50 bar bet last week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:52 pm 
born to perform.

directedby wrote:
Criss didn't use Gutbuster, he did it the other way, the cheap gag/prank/joke way. I won't reveal it here because it doesn't take very much brain power to figure it out.

My guess is he didn't steal it, just used a method he won on a $0.50 bar bet last week.

MY guess is.... if he did the same trick, but used a different "method", then chances are Mayne wouldn't sell the rights to him (which knowing Mayne, he probably would have), so Criss "stole" the concept and didn't give credit to Mayne. I guess this because this is EXACTLY what Criss has done in the past, and would not put it past him to do it again.

Again...I'm NOT saying that's what happened..just saying that's my guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:44 am 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney, stop bickering with people here that are way out of your league, you are just looking silly. Wait until you can actually come up with something intelligent and feasible to say, which I doubt will be a long time. Criss is a moron, and so are most of his loyals. But you can't really blame the victims, most are simply not educated enough to know the difference. Criss is full of contradictions, hypocrisy, irony, bigotry, you name it.

But when you are wearing a "loyal" blindfold, the "real world" is pretty dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:56 am 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
exodus wrote:

Yeah sure you were. Your posting style is becoming pretty redundant, predictable, and more lame each day. You prove your ignorance daily, then go into a state of denial and bickering after being put in your place by those more educated, and experienced. Then you later agree with them exclaiming you were about to say all of that, or that you knew this or that after being properly educated. Just like in the Angel implosion stunt thread.

Although very humorous it is getting old. Just admit that you are a loyal who does not know jack, and are hoping that will change eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:47 am 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
exodus wrote:

Yeah sure you were. Your posting style is becoming pretty redundant, predictable, and more lame each day. You prove your ignorance daily, then go into a state of denial and bickering after being put in your place by those more educated, and experienced. Then you later agree with them exclaiming you were about to say all of that, or that you knew this or that after being properly educated. Just like in the Angel implosion stunt thread.

Although very humorous it is getting old. Just admit that you are a loyal who does not know jack, and are hoping that will change eventually.

Are you saying I don't know "jack" about magic? You have no idea of who I am, or what I do, so just keep your speculations to yourself.

As for the graph thing, I just wanted to see some proof, I never though it was real or fake, and that's why I wanted a link.

I had enough of you too sirbrad calling me out all the time on every little thing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next