View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:27 pm 
born to perform.

msconce wrote:
I don't think it was real. I despised that stunt. I have liked alot of his stuf lately but I can't stand his consistant cussing. Come on man. Maturity time. He would be SO much more effective and believable without the language in my opinion..

Pretty much everyone curses...

And, what are you going to say if a nail "goes" through your hand? "NO!!!DARN!DARN!DANG NABBIT!!!!!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:24 am 
Emperor Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
There were so many things wrong with that post I don't even no where to start. First off, the people "you know" think Criss is a hack probably because you told them so.
Actually, for the most part, I will not talk about Criss in public. The only times that I will are when others bring him up. If someone likes Criss, and wants to talk about him, I will politely change the subject. However, more often than not, when someone comes up to me to talk about Criss, it's usually saying that they don't like him. Most of the time it's because they see that Criss is "cheating." It's obvious to many people that Criss cannot do what he claims he is able to do. It's obvious to many people that his show is basically nothing more than a poorly rehearsed soap opera. I don't have to tell people that Criss is a hack, mainly because they already know so.

Quote:
Secondly, no older generations even watch A&E, or any shows like Mindfreak for that matter. They either watch the news or sports - well, that's what I get from it anyway.
You show that you've done zero research. If you do even just a quick search, you will see that the viewership for A&E are older people. Now, that is not the only viewership. Some younger people tune in as well. But the far majority of the viewership are older people. The people who were able to experience the David Copperfield specials as well as the World's Greatest Magic specials.
Quote:
Thirdly, what am I going to do, go to google and type in "What did Criss Angel do to rip off David Blaine?" No, I just asked, and if somebody knew they could easily just move their fingers down to the key board and typed it in.
For someone who is such a Criss Angel fan, you should know pretty much what he's talking about. Especially since it's mentioned in other threads you have been commenting it. And this wasn't the only question I meant that you didn't look up. Through out the Penguin forum you ask questions that could be answered if you just paid attention, or took two minutes to look into.

Quote:

And, what are you going to say if a nail "goes" through your hand? "NO!!!DARN!DARN!DANG NABBIT!!!!!!!"
I don't cuss. I know a lot of people who won't cuss. And I have had nails go through my hands. I worked as a carpenter when I was younger. I did have, on a couple of occasions, a nail, from a nail gun, go through my hand (or at least into it). I never cussed once though. And no, this wasn't me being careless. It's a common injury while working carpentry. And I've worked with a lot of carpenters who have had injuries that were quite the same, but never cussed. Some of them screamed, but never did they carry on like a little immature child like Criss did.

Quote:
Exactly. Serious magicians. And how many of them are out there. Your just jealous because Criss has more fans then you.
There are many serious magicians out there. DerZauberer is a very serious magician, who has a lot of respect in the magic world. And I can assure you that he wouldn't be jealous of Criss. Having fans isn't what magic is about, and DerZauberer knows that because he respects the art form so much. He shows that respect constantly.

Serious magicians know how much of a hack Criss is. I'm a professional magician, and have been for the last four years. I know how much of a hack he is. Then there are only the other hundreds of magicians around the world who know how much of a hack Criss is. Before you type something, you really should get your facts straight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:27 am 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
swatch0 wrote:
I always liked watching. Until, he ripped off Blaine, that was just so uncalled for.

What did he do?

Here's the hilarious parody you are looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBkKCdvviK0

I don't understand why people get mad about something like this. Sankey made a parody about Criss- do I hate Sankey now? No. And Criss showed more than once that he can take what he dishes out, he even featured "The Real Chris Angel" in the Fantasy episode of Mindfreak! :)

Just jumped in for the question, I'll post on topic when the episodes you're all talking abour will finally be on youtube...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:30 pm 
Penguin

Quote:

I don't cuss. I know a lot of people who won't cuss. And I have had nails go through my hands. I worked as a carpenter when I was younger. I did have, on a couple of occasions, a nail, from a nail gun, go through my hand (or at least into it). I never cussed once though. And no, this wasn't me being careless. It's a common injury while working carpentry. And I've worked with a lot of carpenters who have had injuries that were quite the same, but never cussed. Some of them screamed, but never did they carry on like a little immature child like Criss did.

I'm not gonna try to say that you HAVE to cuss when a nail goes through your hand, :lol: but my dad is a professional carpenter and painter. He's been doing both since he was 7 and is 46. He's had plenty of nails go through his hand and everytime he cussed up a storm. haha. I once asked him how bad it hurt and he replyed, "Like f*c*i*g h*l*" :lol:

Just a little ff, fun fact of the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:55 pm 
born to perform.

LoyalAnanya wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
swatch0 wrote:
I always liked watching. Until, he ripped off Blaine, that was just so uncalled for.

What did he do?

I don't understand why people get mad about something like this. Sankey made a parody about Criss- do I hate Sankey now? No. And Criss showed more than once that he can take what he dishes out, he even featured "The Real Chris Angel" in the Fantasy episode of Mindfreak! :)

Just jumped in for the question, I'll post on topic when the episodes you're all talking abour will finally be on youtube...
He was just purely mocking him. Period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:05 pm 
born to perform.

swatch0 wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
swatch0 wrote:

What did he do?

He was just purely mocking him. Period.

LIGHTEN UP!! That was the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:40 pm 
born to perform.

LoyalAnanya wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
swatch0 wrote:

What did he do?

I hate sankey now! :evil: :cry: *runs away*

Jk. :lol: I liked that david blaine parody. But nothing can compare to "David Blaine street magic special". I used to watch that over and over. The stare was great. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:14 pm 
Penguin

blackwidowcd wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
swatch0 wrote:

What did he do?

Jk. :lol: I liked that david blaine parody. But nothing can compare to "David Blaine street magic special". I used to watch that over and over. The stare was great. :lol:

hahahah!! I know. WHAT THE EFF!!! YOU AND YOUR DEMON MAGIC!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:56 pm 
born to perform.

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
blackwidowcd wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
swatch0 wrote:

What did he do?

I seriously watched that like three times!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:24 pm 
born to perform.

Maloney123 wrote:
iwantgoodmagic wrote:
blackwidowcd wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
swatch0 wrote:

What did he do?

Only three?! And you call yourself a david blaine spoof fan. :x

I wanted to use a resent emoticon. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:19 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
I actually broke down and watched two episodes last night because it has been years and I wanted to see if his format changed.

The oil drum trick was a good effect, but PUL-LEEZE, do not suggest to the audience that this was unrehearsed and impromptu. The mounted camera on the ceiling and Criss pointing it out was evidence enough that this was planned. If it was planned, so be it, perform the trick, but don’t suggest it was impromptu.

(Did you get a load of the Loyal Fan-Boy with the headband and necklace?!? I almost spit-up my drink when I saw him!)

The slicing of the stomach with the butterflies and "once again" suggesting he just happened to be walking through the park and found some people gathering around was a joke. (Like Criss Angel would not be "mobbed" in this situation).

Clearly he has not changed his format and STILL uses stooges or actors to pretend to be innocent bystanders. (Will someone tell him to quit showing his mouth to the camera after each trick – it’s really getting old and annoying!)

I think the one thing that upset me was the Luxor Pit Boss saying he could not catch Criss Angel doing anything tricky when he was performing at the Blackjack table. We all know that is a load of poop. Las Vegas takes cheating very seriously and they can spot funny business a mile away. The Pit Boss saying Criss is the Best of the Best at Close-up card magic really needs to get out more

Yeah the same thing goes for A.C. You make the smallest move and you will have security up your butt.

What grinds my gears is when you see some dork saying, "Criss's sleight of hand blah blah blah" Then they go to a gimmacked ace trick. [edited]?!? When did he grow the grass?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:11 am 
born to perform.

blackwidowcd wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
iwantgoodmagic wrote:
blackwidowcd wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
swatch0 wrote:

What did he do?

Only three?! And you call yourself a david blaine spoof fan. :x

I wanted to use a resent emoticon. :evil:

Fine, you got me, it was more then three. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:34 pm 

This is where the Big Boys play and as you can see, the opinion is pretty conclusive.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... start=0#20

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:09 am 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
This is where the Big Boys play and as you can see, the opinion is pretty conclusive.

Well I'm probably going to get flamed for doing this but I don't really care. I took this off of the Magic Cafe link you posted.

Every episode of Mindfreak opens with the statement, "Warning: The stunts and illusions performed on this program were designed and tested by Criss Angel, a highly-trained professional. These demonstrations are extremely dangerous and should not be attempted by anyone, anywhere, at any time.”

There are so many contradictions and fabrications in that statement, we could tear it apart from now until Sunday.

According to this statement, everything he has performed on his cable show is too dangerous and off-hands to all of us.

This also gives the false impression to his mindless “Loyals” that everything he does is his own.

I'm a Loyal of Criss's and in no way am I mindless and think everything he does is his own and that statement is basically you saying that Criss's Loyal's have no brains and can't think for themselves (although I do agree with you that some of them are like that) but it doesn't give you the right to flame people with endless rants about how dumb they are or how fake the loyal's are.

I bet you anything if I started flaming David Blaine pretty much all of you would start flaming me saying stuff like "he's a million times better than Angel and he did the coolest levitation in the world and Angel's levitation is so fake and you can spot it from a million miles away." well some of that would be true but in my own opinion I do like Blaine and the stuff he does is pretty cool it's just when I wasn't even into magic I could figure out how he did most of his stuff like that Here Then There here's a link to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpIcz8UjA9M
I actually figured that one out without even knowing anything about magic because he uses simple methods that most people could figure out and that first levitation he did after he did it everyone knew how it was done and made it into a farce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:31 am 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:

Well I'm probably going to get flamed for doing this but I don't really care. I took this off of the Magic Cafe link you posted.

Every episode of Mindfreak opens with the statement, "Warning: The stunts and illusions performed on this program were designed and tested by Criss Angel, a highly-trained professional. These demonstrations are extremely dangerous and should not be attempted by anyone, anywhere, at any time.”

There are so many contradictions and fabrications in that statement, we could tear it apart from now until Sunday.

According to this statement, everything he has performed on his cable show is too dangerous and off-hands to all of us.

This also gives the false impression to his mindless “Loyals” that everything he does is his own.

I'm a Loyal of Criss's and in no way am I mindless and think everything he does is his own and that statement is basically you saying that Criss's Loyal's have no brains and can't think for themselves (although I do agree with you that some of them are like that) but it doesn't give you the right to flame people with endless rants about how dumb they are or how fake the loyal's are.

I bet you anything if I started flaming David Blaine pretty much all of you would start flaming me saying stuff like "he's a million times better than Angel and he did the coolest levitation in the world and Angel's levitation is so fake and you can spot it from a million miles away." well some of that would be true but in my own opinion I do like Blaine and the stuff he does is pretty cool it's just when I wasn't even into magic I could figure out how he did most of his stuff like that Here Then There here's a link to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpIcz8UjA9M
I actually figured that one out without even knowing anything about magic because he uses simple methods that most people could figure out and that first levitation he did after he did it everyone knew how it was done and made it into a farce.

DerZauberer is really starting to p*ss me off. I mean really, we are mindless and the absolute scum of the world just because we watch Criss. George, you are a lot older then us, and I would expect better from my elders then being called things by them.

Come on man, you need to lay off me, and everyone else who choses to watch Criss Angel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next