View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Me favorite present- day magicians
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:05 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
Here's my favorite magicians of the modern day. This started out as a youtube message, but thought it would be a good thread. :)

There are some many great magicians to chose from, but I'd probably say Bill Malone. His humor is so obvious and hysterical, where as some find Jay Sankey to be hilarious, I find his humor to be random stupidiness with a few good lines in there. Bill Malone is also a very fluent card technician as well. I find a lot to aspire to when watching Bill Malone perform; he is able to turn even magicians into happy- go- lucky spectators.

On a different note, I appreciate David Blaine for what he has done for a multitude of specialties in magic, as well as "creating" the specialty of his "hit- and- run" street magic; astonishing people, and then leaving them stunned and confused without any recognition. Amazing. I never appreciated David Blaine until I read his book. It is refreshing to see his personal side, his morals, and where he came from. It really isn't about the fame for him, like it is for Criss Angel, Blaine just wants to see the world get along. I really respect him.

Also, I think that Gazzo should be recognized for his rugged, sarcastic humor, his ability to control a crowd, and his dedication to what magic once was, and his innovations to what magic is today. Gazzo truly is a legend in his respect, and I enjoy watching him work his magic (no pun intended.) Whit Hayden, another scoundrel, is truly legendary in the same busking category.

Lastly, I think that both David Williamson and Mac King deserve their own crowns for stage/ parlor comedy magic. They are just fun to watch, Williamson with his energy and humor, and King for his comedy. They are just great performers and deserve to be noticed.

There are many others to name, but these are my absolute favorites.

Thanks,
Mike

It would be my honor to hear who your favorite present- day magicians are and why too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:28 pm 
born to perform.

Criss Angel because he uber pwns all!!!!11!!1

OK no I'm joking.

I love Jay Sankey like you already mentioned, and also Michal Ammar.

Sankey because hes funny, and Amaar because hes the best sleight of hand artist there is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:07 am 
born to perform.

Maloney123 wrote:

OK no I'm joking.

Sankey because hes funny, and Amaar because hes the best sleight of hand artist there is.

Way to go, you misspelled Michael Ammar twice in two different ways.

I would have to say Harry Anderson and Tarbell.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:55 am 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
Maloney123 wrote:

OK no I'm joking.

I kinda said I didn't like Sankey. I forgot to mention Michael Ammar, but he isn't one of my favorites because just isn't too funny. I like watching comedy magic.