View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:46 am 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
DerZauberer wrote:

This reminds me of an animal I saw at the zoo. He kept ramming his head against the wall of the enclosure; even though the animal was aware it was hurting him, he kept ramming his head against the wall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:29 am 

Pauldela wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:

This reminds me of an animal I saw at the zoo. He kept ramming his head against the wall of the enclosure; even though the animal was aware it was hurting him, he kept ramming his head against the wall.

Actually it was a Rhinoceros at the Munich Zoo. I felt very worry for him...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:46 am 
Emperor Penguin

I am sure Maloney rams his head into his monitor while reading and typing, at least from his posting style it seems that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:28 am 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
msconce wrote:
I find it interesting that a moderator is participating in posts that are specifically attacking someone's character. Is this common practice here? I also find it interesting that "Knowing how young the poster is" The "Mature" magicians are stooping to the same level in demeaning and attacking said poster. It is disgusting and sad, and if you are the mature professional magicians you portray, you should be ashamed of your behavior.

Well when you tried logical reasoning, common sense, maturity, and pretty much everything else; what is left?

Walking a diferent road, by letting it go, and understanding and showing maturity by not "Having" to respond. Silence would have been the appropriate response.

There is NEVER an excuse for mature and proffesional magicians to insult people's family, or an individual (Regardless of what the other person has said). What they have said is not an excuse to stoop to the same level. It is the old excuse "They started it." The internet is so anonymous, it makes this easy to do, but imagine the same scenario in a real live situation. A young person at your show starts insulting you. Walking away would be the appropriate response. You would not start to insult him or his family at the show. This forum is also a stage. People are watching and weighing how we act and especially how we treat others. If I was a Mod, a ban button would be hitting a lot of you. You are making professional magicians seem like fragile whiners. Let's toughen up and lead by example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:34 am 
Emperor Penguin

Well that is why people like you are not mods, you are unable to see past trivial current matters, and judge someone based on what they have contributed in the past, now, and what their reputation is. Being you are pretty new you have none of the above. Yet I don't see you jumping on Maloney for insulting people and telling them to go back to their boyfriends.

I am a professional, I am mature, I am also capable of putting on serious pwnings on prepubescent little schmucks if need be. You obviously do not know me too well. If they start bashing and clearly indicate they do not know what they are talking about, I am going to put them in their place fast. Always have, always will. Walking the high-road doesn't work here, nor is it as entertaining. I have had my family insulted many times here, family I don't even have even.

Post subject: Re: Criss used ....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:57 pm 
Penguin

bugzzbunie wrote:
Hypercards by Andrew Mayne. Is Andrew working with Criss? Or Did Criss steal the effect?

No, Hes working with sean fields. Sean fields has a similar effect. just use penguins search engine and type in seann fields and click on some of his products. One of them is the one criss did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:23 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
Well that is why people like you are not mods, you are unable to see past trivial current matters, and judge someone based on what they have contributed in the past, now, and what their reputation is.

I believe I understand what you are saying. You are saying that Mods should let people with many many posts and a reputation insult others personally. I wonder if the mods agree?

sirbrad wrote:
Walking the high-road doesn't work here, nor is it as entertaining.

So you admit insulting others brings you enjoyment, and have given up on treating others with dignity because it "Does not work here". It is a sad forum if this is indeed true. Can a mod enlighten me as to this truth you have stated?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:32 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:44 am 
Emperor Penguin

Wrong, insulting those who "deserve" to be insulted brings me enjoyment. Most of those who are even remotely intelligent generally agree with me and also enjoy it. It also serves as a deterrent against idiots posting the same crap daily, although some really thick-headed ones will continue to do so. I never insult someone unless they insulted me, my art, or just plain deserve it for posting something so stupid they beg to be insulted.

I am not talking about beginners either with legitimate questions, so don't try to turn this into that. I go after the morons who clearly don't know what they are talking about, make ridiculous claims, and yet act like they do know what they are saying while being very cocky about it at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:10 am 

sirbrad wrote:
Wrong, insulting those who "deserve" to be insulted brings me enjoyment. Most of those who are even remotely intelligent generally agree with me and also enjoy it. It also serves as a deterrent against idiots posting the same crap daily, although some really thick-headed ones will continue to do so. I never insult someone unless they insulted me, my art, or just plain deserve it for posting something so stupid they beg to be insulted.

I am not talking about beginners either with legitimate questions, so don't try to turn this into that. I go after the morons who clearly don't know what they are talking about, make ridiculous claims, and yet act like they do know what they are saying while being very cocky about it at the same time.

Although I agree that they probably deserve it, that's not what this forum is about. If you feel compelled to insult someone can you do it somewhere else please?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4