View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Losander
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:18 pm 
Penguin

I have recently been looking at Losander's work. I think he has a great levitation show, and his table is just a beautiful illusion. Here is my favorite link to him using the table up close and personal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnreORgiT5s

Have any of you seen or met him? He seems like a nice guy. I know his daughter was recently born with a heart condition but made it through surgery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:29 pm 

I actually met Losander Last Wednesday night at the Magic Castle and again Sunday to attend his lecture on his work. I also had the pleasure to meet Luna Shimada and there beautiful children. The little one is doing fine...

I too very much enjoy his work. He lectured about his work with IT, his Soap Bubble Levitation and some other very clever works.

I have always worked with Zombie and the Thing, so it was wonderful to meet him and hear his thoughts. I also own one his Floating Tables with the Anti-Gravity Box and I wanted his input on incorporating it into my Haunted Illusion Act.

After seeing his work live and being able to discuss magic with him personally, he is definitely an inspiration and after today I can call him a friend…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:48 pm 
Penguin

That is amazing! What a great story! I wish I could have been there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:38 pm 
born to perform.

Same with me! He seems like such a nice guy and he's obviously a great performer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:53 am 
Penguin

The thing I love about Losander is how he has fun on stage. He smiles and the audience can't help but smile along with him. He also answers his own phone and responds personally to e-mails. Has anyone seen his bubble levitations live? They look amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:02 pm 

This looks like a highlight clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBf2DSCtkf8

The quality isn't so hot, but I found a Magic Castle performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OBFhD2ZSsU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:39 am 
born to perform.

msconce wrote:
The thing I love about Losander is how he has fun on stage. He smiles and the audience can't help but smile along with him. He also answers his own phone and responds personally to e-mails. Has anyone seen his bubble levitations live? They look amazing.

Yes, I have been fortunate enough to see Dirk perform his Bubble Act on several different occassions. It is a mezmorizing Stage Act. He is an engaging young man.

Dirk and Luna live here in Las Vegas, so I have had the pleasure of meeting with them. Interestingly enough, I have known Luna for much longer. I have seen her grow up from a teenager when she would sometimes assist her father(The famous Haruo Shimada), and develop into a fantastic performer in her own right.

As DerZauberer mentioned, their children are near and dear to both Dirk and Luna. Their most recent bundle of joy was born with a heart defect and the costs for her medical care have mounted. Losander recently sent out an E-mail to all his cutomers asking that she be in our thoughts and prayers. Although, Dirk did not directly ask for donations...he did suggest that buying his products directly from him, would help to offset some of the expenses.

Both Dirk and Luna are great people. I like them a lot!