View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: More delays for Criss Angel's Believe Show
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:54 am 
Penguin

Some say Criss Angel's perfectionism is to blame, read the latest here on MagicGizmo:

http://magicgizmo.com/home/articles-new ... ieveq.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:45 pm 
Penguin

Maybe it's delayed because his cameras aren't working. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:25 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah I seen that, and something about Criss being dull and boring. Anyone here Criss say that Carrot Top doing a Mindfreak is like Criss doing comedy? More like Criss doing "magic." I am sure Carrot Top will be 100 times better at magic than Siss is too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I watched some of the show for the first time in years. Wow, I cannot believe this putz is still on the air. He even has kids as stooges now. That robot thing was really stupid and very predictable. Just how gullible is the viewing audience? Hopefully not as gullible as Criss thinks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:37 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
I watched some of the show for the first time in years. Wow, I cannot believe this putz is still on the air. He even has kids as stooges now. That robot thing was really stupid and very predictable. Just how gullible is the viewing audience? Hopefully not as gullible as Criss thinks.

What robot?

Anyway, the jail escape was just stupid. It's doubtful that even a master craftsman could engineer an internal lock picking mechanism like that, let alone Pi-- er, I mean Criss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:57 am 
Emperor Penguin

Where Criss allegedly made a robot come to life in front of a bunch of kids, it walked around smashing stuff in the store etc. Then Criss became the robot, after he ducked down behind some boxes and a cut-shot. Very lame, and utterly ridiculous. Like I said many times before any bum off the streets could do that, so why Criss? At least he fits the look now though.

The only thing amazing about Criss is that he somehow still has a TV show. Now that I can't figure out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:56 pm 
born to perform.

directedby wrote:
Maybe it's delayed because his cameras aren't working. :wink:

Maybe his greenscreen isn't working. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:19 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
Where Criss allegedly made a robot come to life in front of a bunch of kids, it walked around smashing stuff in the store etc. Then Criss became the robot, after he ducked down behind some boxes and a cut-shot. Very lame, and utterly ridiculous. Like I said many times before any bum off the streets could do that, so why Criss? At least he fits the look now though.

The only thing amazing about Criss is that he somehow still has a TV show. Now that I can't figure out.

He did that illusion on Supernatual too I think? I remember seeing him do it sometime on one of his really older shows before his television special. Back when he had the hair down his back.
Are you sure it HAS to be a camera trick?

Post subject: Re: More delays for Criss Angel's Believe Show
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:37 am 
Penguin

mruetz wrote:
Some say Criss Angel's perfectionism is to blame, read the latest here on MagicGizmo:

His perfectionism? You're joking right? It's more likely that Criss is having trouble living up to his camera tricks or that he is just a poor live performer all together. Plus Criss's crew is terrible and they are probably running into performance issues. That's more like it.

As much as I dislike him I'm actually shocked to hear the show is having so many problems. Is there any chance this thing will crash and burn before it even opens?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:10 pm 
Emperor Penguin

It was a camera jump cut, even an idiot could see that; well I think anyway. It doesn't "have to be," but in Criss' case it most certainly was. I know a thing or two about grand illusions as well, as I have been doing them for almost 30 years. He is just an absolute hack and sickens me. Anyone can do what he is doing, so again why him? All he is doing is "magic"(?) for the "TV audience," which isn't magic at all. He is just stopping the camera, getting into place, then turning it back on.

Then walking around like a moron like he is the best, and with a huge falsified ego for having done nothing actually. I have never hated any magician ever until Angel, but then again he is no magician. Just a Blaine wannabe like so many others.

Last edited by sirbrad on Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:11 pm 
Emperor Penguin

KingMilo wrote:
mruetz wrote:

His perfectionism? You're joking right? It's more likely that Criss is having trouble living up to his camera tricks or that he is just a poor live performer all together. Plus Criss's crew is terrible and they are probably running into performance issues. That's more like it.

As much as I dislike him I'm actually shocked to hear the show is having so many problems. Is there any chance this thing will crash and burn before it even opens?

Perfectionism? HAHAHAHA!! More like a lack of consultants because no one can stand him. :lol: He should rot in edited for so many lies. Siss you reading this? Please just get off of TV you hack.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:10 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
Perfectionism? HAHAHAHA!! More like a lack of consultants because no one can stand him. :lol: He should rot in edited for so many lies. Siss you reading this? Please just get off of TV you hack.

You're asking him whether or not he's reading that. Even if he does, he won't answer to it anyway, he's a coward. He knows what you said about him is true.

It's better off having an 8 year old Youtuber on Mindfreak to perform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:58 pm 
Penguin

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
sirbrad wrote:

He did that illusion on Supernatual too I think? I remember seeing him do it sometime on one of his really older shows before his television special. Back when he had the hair down his back.
Are you sure it HAS to be a camera trick?

Unfortunately the episode you're talking about is not on youtube yet. :cry: But what I can contribute here, the "robot" you're talking about is Tronik, it was announced that he would use it again for an episode of Mindfreak. He created it for his former off-broadway show and used it again in one of his tv specials. Over the years many fans requested to see this stuff again, and now he did it.
That's the original illusion from his former live show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOTMj0Qq ... re=related

If this is similar to what he did on Mindfreak, no camera tricks are needed. :wink: Don't judge too fast. I'm curious to see this episode, the last ones have been great.

For the show delays of Believe, as far as I've heard, it's not the first time that Cirque du Soleil has show delays because of technical problems. For such a big show, something like that is not such a big surprise. If anyone is interested, this is the newest article on the issue:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/se ... e-delayed/

I'm sure it will be worth the longer waiting. Since recently, my hope has grown that I will be able to travel to Las Vegas next year, to see this show! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:34 am 
Emperor Penguin

Please "loyal," spare me. I base what I see on facts and experience not wishful thinking. Someone else was in the "robot" and when he ducked behind the boxes the camera jump cut, and he was then inside. This isn't stage here this is up close in a store full of surrounding kids, which means "not possible" without camera work and stooges. Please at least get educated and actually see the show before posing false theories.

I know you are far too blind by your alleged loyalty, but at some point you need to wake up. I now it takes about a year for most loyals to do so, so you got time. Take advice from those experienced enough to know what they are talking about and get out of the clouds and Angel's butt. It doesn't surprise me though that Angel's loyals have the same mentality as him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:02 am 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Why can't this idiot get off the TV, It's bad enough he's been on it in the first place. ARGH!