View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:52 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
gajb wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:
After seeing Angel do it on TV, I sat down to think of a way to duplicate the effect. . . it took 15minutes for me to duplicate the effect and method to the letter.

If it was that easy, it isn't worth $100.

Just because you as a professional can easily figure something out, doesn't mean that a trick is bad. I as a layperson had no clue before I saw what crap happened to this illusion on the internet... But I still know enough people who have no idea because they don't search for things like that.
Oh and last but not least: I want to support Criss Angel, and I love the illusion.

There are plenty of effects I can't figure out Ananya - this one just wasn't that good, nor is it worth $100.

Secondly, there's something to be said for effects I've purchased AFTER knowing how they where done. I can think of many examples of effects or props that I was given the secrets to and purchased them if only for the brilliance of the concept.

Since you feel this need to support Angel, buy Sinful instead and just send him a check for the rest - at least that's a decent effect.

Sinful was created by Wayne Houchin. So why does Angel get the money?

Why do you think? :roll:

Really I have no clue, that's why I asked. :roll:

I dont really know how else to put this but the reason why he gets all the money is because...... .. ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . . . ... ... .... .... ... .. ..

.. .. .. .. . . . . . . . .. . .... .. ... . .. .. .. . .. . .. . .. .

. .. .. ... . ... . . . . . .. .... . ..... . ... . .. . .. .... ... .. .

.. .. .. ...... . . .. . .. . .. . .. . .. . . .... . . . . ... . .. . . .. .

Cause it CRISS ANGEL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:32 pm 
born to perform.

He gets the money because his name is on it.

Wayne Houchin's "Sinful" - Presented by Criss Angel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:36 pm 
Penguin

dbaker_creator wrote:
He gets the money because his name is on it.

Wayne Houchin's "Sinful" - Presented by Criss Angel

Wayne Houchin's "Sinful" - Poorly presented by Criss Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:14 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
gajb wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:
After seeing Angel do it on TV, I sat down to think of a way to duplicate the effect. . . it took 15minutes for me to duplicate the effect and method to the letter.

If it was that easy, it isn't worth $100.

Just because you as a professional can easily figure something out, doesn't mean that a trick is bad. I as a layperson had no clue before I saw what crap happened to this illusion on the internet... But I still know enough people who have no idea because they don't search for things like that.
Oh and last but not least: I want to support Criss Angel, and I love the illusion.

There are plenty of effects I can't figure out Ananya - this one just wasn't that good, nor is it worth $100.

Secondly, there's something to be said for effects I've purchased AFTER knowing how they where done. I can think of many examples of effects or props that I was given the secrets to and purchased them if only for the brilliance of the concept.

Since you feel this need to support Angel, buy Sinful instead and just send him a check for the rest - at least that's a decent effect.

Sinful was created by Wayne Houchin. So why does Angel get the money?

Why do you think? :roll:

Really I have no clue, that's why I asked. :roll:

Sinful is on my wish list, too! :D As well as some other items from his store...

For the question why Criss gets the money for Houchin's effect: as far as I heard so far, Wayne Houchin is teaching the effect on the DVD, together with Criss. Is that correct? So I guess they have a contract and Houchin gets money as well, and with Criss Angel's name on it they just expected to reach a larger amount of customers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:16 pm 
born to perform.

That explains it well. But I still bet Houchin doesn't get as much cut as Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:18 pm 
born to perform.

Maloney123 wrote:
That explains it well. But I still bet Houchin doesn't get as much cut as Angel.

You can put money on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:38 am 
Emperor Penguin

Considering Wayne is a thousand times better than Angel, less famous, and does not make a fraction of what Angel makes. Pretty ironic eh? This says something about the typical laymen's intelligence, something I already got into before and won't again. But it is proof that you do not need actual skill to make it big, usually great presentation and showmanship. Or like Angel, just be born in the right location and know the right people.

Heck you don't even have to be able to palm a poker chip, and your hand can look like a stiff board as Angel demonstrated, and you will get millions of dollars. So the lesson here is, suck...and suck often. Eventually you will get a show. If you are master sleight of hand artist/skilled conjurer, you will never be known by the general public. But from what I have seen that is a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:13 am 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
Considering Wayne is a thousand times better than Angel, less famous, and does not make a fraction of what Angel makes. Pretty ironic eh? This says something about the typical laymen's intelligence, something I already got into before and won't again. But it is proof that you do not need actual skill to make it big, usually great presentation and showmanship. Or like Angel, just be born in the right location and know the right people.

Heck you don't even have to be able to palm a poker chip, and your hand can look like a stiff board as Angel demonstrated, and you will get millions of dollars. So the lesson here is, suck...and suck often. Eventually you will get a show. If you are master sleight of hand artist/skilled conjurer, you will never be known by the general public. But from what I have seen that is a good thing.

Awww... the sad truth. Isn't it though. Oh the irony....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:28 pm 
born to perform.

Ok the comment about paying for "Angel's levitation" is disgusting because its not his, its the Icarus levitation for the 3457634199238471892345796243872183rd time.

Secondly.... its ironic I said somewhere I would even be ok if the masked magician came back and exposed Angel because what do you know the masked magician is back and it seems like he might be focusing on exposing Angel lol.... and if thats the case I don't care, I never thought I wouldn't care about magic being exposed but I can deal with a little exposure going along with all the movie magic angel does. I think it will help magic in the long run by showing people how talentless angel really is, and it will let him know how exposure feels to all of us by his exposure, and the exposure he allows to run rampant on youtube. (although magic companies and other magicians do that too for some stupid reason :evil: I think they should sue youtube, and don't say it can't be done because a magic society in Japan sued a tv company which would be a lot harder than youtube)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:09 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah I hope the masked magician has long hair, a biker coat, bling, and a bandanna on. The narrating could be something like: "The magician wannabe says to the camera are you ready?" "He then says the camera will not cut away, to which the camera then cuts away immediately." "He says that he is not using any stooges or anything, when in fact everyone on the set is stooge." "Magic or mediocrity at its best? You decide." (All in a low voice.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:39 pm 

Once upon a time I was slightly interested in "Sinful" as a close-up effect, but it would not have been performable since I lived in Germany at the time and good luck finding beverages in cans. Plus I could not justify wasting a beverage for a medium reaction trick.

I wanted to see more footage of Wayne performing this and I saw several awful demonstrations on YouTube and I discovered the method immediately!

It's too bad that the highly advertised new magic appeals to the beginners and amateurs so much since its destroyed on YouTube and the like moments after the trick is released.

Thank goodness the “old school” stuff is usually pooh-poohed by the beginners, so that leaves the real work safe; even from the likes of cable-show hacks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:33 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
Once upon a time I was slightly interested in "Sinful" as a close-up effect, but it would not have been performable since I lived in Germany at the time and good luck finding beverages in cans. Plus I could not justify wasting a beverage for a medium reaction trick.

I wanted to see more footage of Wayne performing this and I saw several awful demonstrations on YouTube and I discovered the method immediately!

It's too bad that the highly advertised new magic appeals to the beginners and amateurs so much since its destroyed on YouTube and the like moments after the trick is released.

Thank goodness the “old school” stuff is usually pooh-poohed by the beginners, so that leaves the real work safe; even from the likes of cable-show hacks.

You're right, the effect isn't that great, and there are many more "______ to soda can" effects that are far better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:02 pm 
Team Penguin

Angel is slowly being put in his place. I am friends with many people who used to be affiliated with and appear on the show. Apparently he's making a LOT of enemies, and burning a LOT of bridges with some very significant and important people. Chris Angel will be the cause of the fall of Chris Angel. He is his own worst enemy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:43 pm 
born to perform.

KyletheGreat wrote:
Angel is slowly being put in his place. I am friends with many people who used to be affiliated with and appear on the show. Apparently he's making a LOT of enemies, and burning a LOT of bridges with some very significant and important people. Chris Angel will be the cause of the fall of Chris Angel. He is his own worst enemy.

I have been told the very same thing, as well as experienced it first hand. Rumor has it...and so far, it's just a rumor...i haven't been able to confirm it, but I was told that A&E wasn't really interested in renewing his contract for Mindfreak. Which is one of the reasons he decided to take on Cirque. Cirque told him, apparently, that they would center the show around him. Then when production started, that wasn't necessarily the case, which is why the production is being held up.

As I said, this is what I've heard. And I heard this from someone who has been proven in the past to be reliable. Until I have something else to go on, I would be inclined to believe this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:44 pm 
Team Penguin

MichalAngelo,

You are correct. He was offered a VERY generous contract from Disney and Cirque. He was supposed to be the headline and Cirque was suppose to be built around his show...that is until he said something very uncalled for in the meeting room which caused the executives to drop their jaws and change the terms of the contract immediately. NOW that he had stuck his foot in his mouth, Cirque is the Headline and he is only going to be featured. His pay and reputation both dropped because of a little glory speach he had to make.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next