View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:21 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 253
Here is the big question.

Can someone explain why on earth Criss would want to sign into a 10 year contract to have to perform on a regular basis?

That has always been the beauty of Blaine to me. He performs at his own pace. He isn't forced into doing live shows every week. To me Blaine has it the best.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:41 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 1495
Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Yes I've always been a fan of, and supported Blaine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:35 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
sirbrad wrote:
Please "loyal," spare me. I base what I see on facts and experience not wishful thinking. Someone else was in the "robot" and when he ducked behind the boxes the camera jump cut, and he was then inside. This isn't stage here this is up close in a store full of surrounding kids, which means "not possible" without camera work and stooges. Please at least get educated and actually see the show before posing false theories.

I know you are far too blind by your alleged loyalty, but at some point you need to wake up. I now it takes about a year for most loyals to do so, so you got time. Take advice from those experienced enough to know what they are talking about and get out of the clouds and Angel's butt. It doesn't surprise me though that Angel's loyals have the same mentality as him.

Sirbrad, why do you feel the need to attack me? I told you that I haven't even seen the episode yet, but when I saw you trash talking about it, I wanted at least state some information about Tronik that obviously you didnt't know- and for everybody else who is interested, if you don't care.
I am not "blind" and there's no need for me to "wake up"- I am just loyal to Criss for many reasons, and I really don't care if he uses a camera trick from time to time. But most camera cuts that appear in a show like this, have nothing to do with camera trickery- many are just camera misdirection which is neccessary to protect the secret or enhance the effect for the tv audience, others are just normal cuts to make the show fit in its time-frame. Just don't forget Mindfreak is titled a reality show, not a magic show- and reality shows are staged to a certain degree, to make it look best for tv. The show is entertaining and I don't want to know how every single illusion works, I just allow myself to enjoy it and get inspired.
But why do you even watch the show if you hate Criss Angel so much? Just because it's so much fun to trash talk about it afterwards?


KingMilo wrote:
Here is the big question.

Can someone explain why on earth Criss would want to sign into a 10 year contract to have to perform on a regular basis?

That has always been the beauty of Blaine to me. He performs at his own pace. He isn't forced into doing live shows every week. To me Blaine has it the best.

Because it has been his dream to have a permanent live show for many years. I think to a certain degree, the tv show was just the road to it, the way to get rich and famous enough to realize this dream.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11155
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
Whatever, continue your "blind following" of cutshot and voice over freak. Time to time? More like EVERY effect he tries to pull off. Not only does he use a cut-shot to get into position off of camera, but he also uses voice overs as if he is actually speaking live. Like people can't tell the voice is louder and more clear all of the sudden, and out of sync. Well apparently most can't. I only insult those who make idiotic statements based on no real knowledge and experience, or try to disregard my experience.

I don't care what Siss's robot trick is called, the fact remains that it was fake and 100% camera edit. The cut-shot was 100% clear, then the moron was already inside. Just like there was a cut-shot right before his stupid Enchanted Cube to M&M trick. The Enchanted Cube is a legitmate "effect" but he did it so awkwardly and terribly that it looked as such. He is so used to camera magic that he can't even perform the simplest of sleights and real-world effects.

Criss is just a moron, plain and simple. Like I said, if someone likes Angel they must share the same mental traits as he does, which in my book makes them the same as him, and deserving to be insulted. Again, wake up and see Siss for who he really is. I watched bits of the show for the first time in years just for the comedy relief. I see it only got worse, which I thought was not possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11155
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
Funny thing is I normally would not say anything about a bad magician on TV, but when obviously you suck at what you do and go around acting like you are the best in the world, making challenges to other magicians, and other BS claims of realism etc; I am going to call you out. Blaine did not even acknowledge Angel's childlike challenges, and he is a hypocrite for not acknowledging the challenges of others.

He simply used Blaine's name to boost his own pathetic career. I have never trashed any other TV magician, but Siss deserves all he can get. The fact is that he should not even be on TV, nor claiming to be doing magic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:24 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Posts: 1394
Location: Newmarket, ON, Canada
So here comes the:
- I never said he was the best card
- I will give you an example of an effect he did that doesn't use a camera trick card
- I am always going to like him card
and the oh so funny to see
- I will ignore your experience and substitute my own little ideals which are based on lesser experience card.

Can't wait for the post afterwards that also contains the opposite of the cards I just put down. Loyals, lets see the cards I just listed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:14 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
sirbrad wrote:
Criss is just a moron, plain and simple. Like I said, if someone likes Angel they must share the same mental traits as he does, which in my book makes them the same as him, and deserving to be insulted.

So you're saying everyone who likes Criss deserves to be insulted, hmm? Not a very mature point of view, but if it makes you happy. :roll:
Actually, I've read enough of your posts to know your point of view in this case... it's an endless battle to debate with someone who's so full of hate and scornfulness.
You often point out that you expect people to respect what you say because of your experience and knowledge. I'd agree on that, the only thing that I can't respect is this kind of behaviour, to condescent and attack somebody just because of contrary points of views- or mental traits, like you said. Sorry but it's hard to take you serious if you don't show the same respect to others that you expect for yourself. I have never insulted you just because you hate Criss Angel.


P.S.: Bucky310, I have no idea what you are trying to say- just want to provoke? I'm not going to start an argument like that again, it has become boring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:23 am 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Posts: 1777
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/se ... ed/?latest

If Crissy has a 10 year contract, that means he will be a 50 year-old goth/rocker/trash boy by the time this thing's contract runs out.

I wonder if he'll get all the plastic face-work done , not unlike most aging Las Vegas performers do?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:45 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Posts: 1394
Location: Newmarket, ON, Canada
LoyalAnanya wrote:
P.S.: Bucky310, I have no idea what you are trying to say- just want to provoke? I'm not going to start an argument like that again, it has become boring.


No not trying to provoke. Simply pointing out how redundant the argument between loyals and those who think they are idiots is. Every time you two freaking arrogant groups argue, one says, I have more experience and Criss sucks, while the other says, I don't care about your experience and I like him anyways. It always ends up this way. We had a nice break from it until you, metzykid and a few others arrived posting about Criss like he is the greatest magician. Whether that is true or not I don't care to argue. It's just annoying to see these threads do the same thing over and over. You don't want arguments right? Well then, take your own advice that you've given before and don't read these topics. Because I can almost guarantee that every topic about Criss will end up having him be bashed. That's not just for you, but all loyals. Again, I'm not trying to provoke, just showing both sides how stupid they look.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:34 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 253
DerZauberer wrote:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/sep/13/premiere-criss-angels-believe-delayed/?latest

If Crissy has a 10 year contract, that means he will be a 50 year-old goth/rocker/trash boy by the time this thing's contract runs out.

I wonder if he'll get all the plastic face-work done , not unlike most aging Las Vegas performers do?


Contracts can always be terminated. In many cases there are things written into contracts. Something like yearly sales for instance. So if a show doesn't meet up to the contract they can cancel a show.

Looking at this from simple marketing I really can't see Criss being popular for another 10 years. He has done a little too much too fast. His tv show won't be around much longer. Once he leaves tv he'll only be left with his live show. And I can't see that lasting the full 10 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11155
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
bucky310 wrote:
So here comes the:
- I never said he was the best card
- I will give you an example of an effect he did that doesn't use a camera trick card
- I am always going to like him card
and the oh so funny to see
- I will ignore your experience and substitute my own little ideals which are based on lesser experience card.

Can't wait for the post afterwards that also contains the opposite of the cards I just put down. Loyals, lets see the cards I just listed.




You forgot the - I liked Angel about a year ago, but now I understand what a hack he truly is after becoming more magically educated card.


You have to be pretty dense to think Angel uses legitimate methods requiring no cameras, or simply as I said uneducated, and inexperienced in the art of magic. It sickens me when Criss gets under a garbage can, camera cuts to roof in which he is already now there of course, then starts yelling like moron saying Houdini has nothing on him etc. What Houdini did was actually real danger, Criss is never in any real danger.

You can tell the sensible professionals and veterans know what they are talking about here, and for the most hate Angel, and rightfully so. He creates unnecessary real-world expectations that cannot be lived up to by real-world professionals, when in reality this putz can't do anything off of camera. He can't even palm a poker chip for crying out loud. Loyals simply follow him blindly because they do not know any better, and have never seen real quality magic.

Until eventually they wake up or just fade away as usual. As far as girls liking him for his hobo-like and unkempt appearance, well from what I have seen these days girls have very low standards apparently. Money is good enough. Just ask his ex-wife who is suing him for cheating on her with Cameron Diaz. Escape from that one Angel, I mean Sarantakos.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:06 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 8
The funny thing about this argument is that similar ones are brewing all over the internet about comedians like Dane Cook an Carlos Mencia, authors like Koontz, and actors like Ryan Reynolds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:36 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 1784
procrustean wrote:
The funny thing about this argument is that similar ones are brewing all over the internet about comedians like Dane Cook an Carlos Mencia, authors like Koontz, and actors like Ryan Reynolds.


And they're probably true too I imagine. Its not like magic is the only thing with loser idiots bumming off the work of others.

Also "Loyal" Ananya Sirbrad is probably just tired of hearing you say the same crap again and again that all the loyals say, just like me as well. He is tired of being asked to levitate because "Angel can do it." He is tired of "Angel being the best." He is tired of the camera trickery and insults to magic, the exposure and the mockery of magic as well. But in this particular case I know at least I am tired of you not listening to us and just saying the same things over and over which we explain to you again and again. It gets old VERY quick.

I posted reasons why I despise Angel and you couldn't logically refute one. You can't come up with a logical reason to like Angel. And if you do like him then that means you dislike magic because he IS an insult to magic. If you like something that mocks, insults, damages, and steals from magic then do you really like magic? No!

You like Angel, and you like his MOVIE magic. You do NOT like and probably don't even know what real magic is. I'm tired of seeing your repetitive, stubborn, and ignorant statements on here that generally don't even relate to what we say. I really wish you would gain a little maturity and try to think about what we say and stop blindly telling yourself how great Angel is and how you have to love him and other things like that. Just because you woke up one day and decided to love angel doesn't mean you should keep doing it once you learn what an idiot he is. Find a better person to look up to, perhaps a true artist or a person that has done something else great with their time and efforts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
Well, actually I decided to let it go and not reply one more time- one reason is that I agree with Bucky310 that all of these debates are a waste of time. It's right, both sides are biased in this case and it always ends up the same way. Though you have to accept, I have the same right as everybody else to state my opinions, even if I were the only one who sees things like I do. And I don't throw my 2 cents in every topic about Criss Angel, but sometimes I can't help but stating what I think, even when I know it's a waste of time and only exhausting...
However, this is a democracy, and even you magicians can't make those members vanish who swim against the current and speak out from time to time. :wink:

But why I post again, thecooltonto adressed me and I feel the need to answer.

thecooltonto wrote:
Also "Loyal" Ananya Sirbrad is probably just tired of hearing you say the same crap again and again that all the loyals say, just like me as well. He is tired of being asked to levitate because "Angel can do it." He is tired of "Angel being the best." He is tired of the camera trickery and insults to magic, the exposure and the mockery of magic as well. But in this particular case I know at least I am tired of you not listening to us and just saying the same things over and over which we explain to you again and again. It gets old VERY quick.

Do you think I'm not tired of it? I'm tired of magicians calling me stupid or even worse, just because I'm a Loyal. No offence, but I'm tired of this arrogant behaviour, of talking against a brick wall- when I first came to this forum, I thought it's possible to debate on an appropriate level, but almost every time it ends up with personal insults. That's so immature and unnecessary. Why do I still post here? I explained it above.
When it comes to people who ask a magician to levitate or walk on water like Criss Angel, that's a stupid reason to dislike somebody. I know, this is just an example and you have a lot of other reasons, but in this case it's not his fault if people are that stupid. I'm not talking about camera trickey, just about the fact that big illusions normally cost big money and need a huge setup and a team, and everybody should know at least that and not expect a "normal" street magician to do big stuff like that. I'm sure you wouldn't dislike Copperfield if somebody came up to you and asked if you can make the Statue of Liberty disappear or walk through a wall.

thecooltonto wrote:
I posted reasons why I despise Angel and you couldn't logically refute one. You can't come up with a logical reason to like Angel. And if you do like him then that means you dislike magic because he IS an insult to magic. If you like something that mocks, insults, damages, and steals from magic then do you really like magic? No!You like Angel, and you like his MOVIE magic. You do NOT like and probably don't even know what real magic is. I'm tired of seeing your repetitive, stubborn, and ignorant statements on here that generally don't even relate to what we say. I really wish you would gain a little maturity and try to think about what we say and stop blindly telling yourself how great Angel is and how you have to love him and other things like that. Just because you woke up one day and decided to love angel doesn't mean you should keep doing it once you learn what an idiot he is. Find a better person to look up to, perhaps a true artist or a person that has done something else great with their time and efforts.

First to the bold sentences- it's interesting that you think I "decided" to like Criss, maybe here lays one of the big misunderstandings. I don't know what about you, but I am not able to knowingly, logically decide to like or even love somebody- it just happens, just like magic. One day I saw Criss, and I was captivated, I was mindfreaked. I couldn't get enough of it, and that didn't change to date.
I did state some of the reasons why I love him and what he does as an artist, but in one particular point you're right: it has a lot more to do with emotions than with logic. It has to do with something that is far bigger than all of these pettifogging arguments.
For the rest of what you said in this paragraph, here comes again what I pointed out in the beginning of this post- personal insults, jumping to a conclusion... and you talk to me about maturity?
:roll: :P
What you're saying about me not liking magic is nonsense. Seriously, I just see things different than you, deal with it. In my opinion Criss is not an insult to magic or anything like this- just a man who lives his dream and does what he wants, because now he can. He brings joy and entertainment and radiates the message that everything is possible. That's a very positive thing to me. Who cares if sometimes a camera trick is needed for an impossible illusion, if there's no other way to create a certain mindblowing and thought-provoking image most people have never seen before, an image that will raise emotions and inspire so many people? I look at these things from a different side. However, you talk as if everything he ever did were camera tricks, and that's something that annoys me. He has accomplished a lot and he is a great magician- and a great multi-talented artist, I love his music as well, just for example. Besides all that, there are Loyals who make a god out of him, and there are "haters" who make a devil out of him- both is stupid and ignorant, when in the eyes of the one side he can do no wrong, while in the eyes of the other side he can do no right. I'm not that extreme, just to let you know. But I can understand that it might seem like this here in this forum- there are things I don't like about Criss or where I disagree with something he states, that's normal- but there are no topics here about these things, so you don't here anything negative about him from me. However, it's not important.
Bottomline, why can't we just agree to disagree, or at least discuss without taking it to an insulting, disrespectful level? Like I said, I was willing to let it go and let Sirbrad and everybody else peacefully go on with the "let's all bash Criss Angel because it's so much fun" posts without replying anymore, but for some reason I had to answer to your statements.

Best regards, Ananya


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:54 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 1435
LoyalAnanya,

I can't believe how busy you are covering all the Criss bashing and coming to his defense. Have you noticed that you are the only one that's defending him? Do you also do this on the other magic forums? Do you have time for anything else? I've reviewed all your posts, and I find that they are all the same. You could probably cut and paste your replies in all the different threads, and it would still make sense.
If you know that it's a waste of time and exhausting, then stop. Are you contributing to any other topics than those with Criss? I'm just asking because this is a forum made for (and by) magicians. I'm not really seeing how you fit in there. Correct me if I'm missing something here.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.