View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trying to find a restaurant?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:15 pm 
Penguin

I cant seem to find a good restraunt to work at(havent called any restraunts yet), but what is a good restraunt if I live in Georgia?
I thought about Stoney River Legendary Steaks, but now it seems a little too highend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:30 pm 
born to perform.

I don't know if paddy still frequents the forums, but what you should really look into are several books and videos on restaurant performing, as for a small price you'll get all of this information plus all the other information you need to be successful.

Live at the Jailhouse
Jim Pace-The Restaurant Worker's Handbook

along with others, but those are the most recommended.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:41 pm 
Penguin

miniserb725 wrote:
I don't know if paddy still frequents the forums, but what you should really look into are several books and videos on restaurant performing, as for a small price you'll get all of this information plus all the other information you need to be successful.

Live at the Jailhouse

-JT

68 bucks is a little high? Or is it worth it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:08 pm 
born to perform.

I would call every restaurant because you may not be hired at any restuarant of your choice. A restuarant that you may not even expect to hire you, may be who wants you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:59 pm 

flaminfire wrote:
miniserb725 wrote:

Live at the Jailhouse

-JT

68 bucks is a little high? Or is it worth it?

If you get information that helps you make money Then any price is cheap. I have spent up to $100 for a DVD and learned how to add $100 a night. Seems worth it to me. It takes money to make money, if you can't afford to invest in yourself, then why should anybody else bother.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:05 pm 
born to perform.

People who go to college spend thousands of thousands dollars on their education to earn only a small portion of that back in a single year. If you spend $100 for a few books/videos/effects and do two shows ONLY at $150 a show how was your money spent? I'm just saying!

Post subject: Magic at Stoney River / O'Charley's / 99 Restaurant
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:19 am 
Penguin

Hey there, just some specific advice about that particular restaurant chain. Until very recently, I was a bartender (that did magic) at the 99 Restaurant in MA. They're owned by the same parent company as Stoney River and O'Charleys.
Even though I had impressed my manager, the DM and the VP of the 99, when it came time to approve me working solely as a magician, it got kiboshed by the higher ups. Apparently, magic is not considered "Best of Class" service by the O'Charleys corporation.

I had the ultimate in, and support by the local management, so it should have been a no-brainer. You might have better luck, but someone high up in the company doesn't like magic. Be careful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:36 pm 
Penguin

@ Paddy: yes any book or DVD in my opinion is worth 100 or more, aslong as it teaches you valuable info. So all I was asking is does it teach you valuable info?

Post subject: Re: Trying to find a restaurant?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:02 pm 
Team Penguin

flaminfire wrote:
I cant seem to find a good restraunt to work at(havent called any restraunts yet), but what is a good restraunt if I live in Georgia?
I thought about Stoney River Legendary Steaks, but now it seems a little too highend?

I live in Georgia as well...

High-end restaraunts are great to work...

Do you have any performing experience? How old are you? Do you know the "Behind the scenes" of restaruant magic (Such as when to do tricks, how to treat the staff, how to approach a table, etc)?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:11 pm 
Team Penguin

KyletheGreat wrote:
flaminfire wrote:

Do you have any performing experience? How old are you? Do you know the "Behind the scenes" of restaruant magic (Such as when to do tricks, how to treat the staff, how to approach a table, etc)?

Another Georgian!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:04 pm 
Penguin

one state north east ! But I definitly want to do restaraunt walk around
when I'm old enough

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:26 pm 
Penguin

KyletheGreat wrote:
flaminfire wrote:

Just starting out, I am 15 and will be 16 next june, and no i need to buy a good dvd on restraunt magic, is front row sankey good for that or nay?
Oh, and by the way have you ever eaten at Stoney River? If so I should have my brother serve you, cause he has worked there for like 5 years now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:00 am 
Team Penguin

Popchris wrote:

YEEHAW!

flaminfire wrote:

Just starting out, I am 15 and will be 16 next june, and no i need to buy a good dvd on restraunt magic, is front row sankey good for that or nay?
Oh, and by the way have you ever eaten at Stoney River? If so I should have my brother serve you, cause he has worked there for like 5 years now.

Honestly...I don't like Sankey that much.

Dan Fleshman has a few DVD's out on Restaraunt magic that not only teaches you tricks, but also gives you tips and hints on aspects of restaraunt magic other the tricks. Such as things to and not to do. I recommend that you look into them.

I've never eaten at Stoney River...where is it located?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:30 pm 
Team Penguin

Front row sankey should be last on the list after a few books adn DVD's. All he does is really teach you a few tricks, most of which take up too much pocket space to deal with. I didnt find much of it that impressive and most of it impractical. IF you want something from sankey, real work on restaurants and bars, but you should look into Jim Pace's book as well as a few others out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:32 pm 
Penguin

KyletheGreat wrote:
Popchris wrote:

YEEHAW!

flaminfire wrote:

Honestly...I don't like Sankey that much.

Dan Fleshman has a few DVD's out on Restaraunt magic that not only teaches you tricks, but also gives you tips and hints on aspects of restaraunt magic other the tricks. Such as things to and not to do. I recommend that you look into them.

I've never eaten at Stoney River...where is it located?

Norcross, GA, By Pleasant Hill