View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
MichalAngelo wrote:
LoyalAnanya,

I can't believe how busy you are covering all the Criss bashing and coming to his defense. Have you noticed that you are the only one that's defending him? Do you also do this on the other magic forums? Do you have time for anything else? I've reviewed all your posts, and I find that they are all the same. You could probably cut and paste your replies in all the different threads, and it would still make sense.
If you know that it's a waste of time and exhausting, then stop. Are you contributing to any other topics than those with Criss? I'm just asking because this is a forum made for (and by) magicians. I'm not really seeing how you fit in there. Correct me if I'm missing something here.

At the moment I have a lot of time, that's right. I'm a street artist (no professional magic yet), and at the moment I'm only working in the evening, so I'm sitting in front of my computer some hours every night after work. This is the only magic forum I participate in, and if there was no section in it for topics about Criss, I wouldn't search another forum just to argue, or something like that. I don't have that much of time! :lol: I read the posts here when I'm bored or have nothing else to do, or just to know what people are talking about. You can be sure that someday I will be bored and tired enough of these debates and won't post here anymore, but at the moment... what can I say, sometimes I feel the need to speak out, that's all. Like others here feel the need to bash Criss, I feel the need to defend him from time to time.
But don't worry, in a few days I will be out of internet for the next 2 months, so you will be rid of me for a while.
If you have read so many of my posts, you should know that I've also said more than once that I'm a magic beginner, learning, practicing and besides that, visiting this forum- sometimes every day- as long as I have enough time for it. I read a lot in the other forum sections to learn, but I don't post there much.
Besides the (mostly beginner) tricks I practice and to date only perform for some friends, I'm going to include some magic in my street art- I made a topic in the advice section of this forum, titled "a magical statue- what should I buy". That's what makes me fitting in here. Criss Angel is the one who got me into magic, I said it before and it's something that will never change.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:49 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11155
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
Wrong, I bash Angel because he straight up deserves to be bashed. Loyals misconstrue why he is bashed, and try to fabricate other reasons for it besides the cold facts that lay out in the open. They are so thick-headed that of course you almost have to call them stupid, otherwise why don't they learn anything? These are not just opinions, these are technical facts based on reality. Not delusional fantasies by loyals.


Last edited by sirbrad on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11155
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
MichalAngelo wrote:
LoyalAnanya,

I can't believe how busy you are covering all the Criss bashing and coming to his defense. Have you noticed that you are the only one that's defending him? Do you also do this on the other magic forums? Do you have time for anything else? I've reviewed all your posts, and I find that they are all the same. You could probably cut and paste your replies in all the different threads, and it would still make sense.
If you know that it's a waste of time and exhausting, then stop. Are you contributing to any other topics than those with Criss? I'm just asking because this is a forum made for (and by) magicians. I'm not really seeing how you fit in there. Correct me if I'm missing something here.


It was the same story with that character camera-edit, all his posts were here and he never contributed to any other forum. He just defended things he knew nothing about and was not even a magician. Yet he claims that actual magicians with decades of experience cannot see through Angel's methods. These types want to believe he is real, or some type of weird and ridiculous looking God.

LoyalAnanya, besides liking Angel, you actually come off as pretty level-headed; and not stupid. You sound like you have potential. I have never said that about an Angel fan before. You just need to become more "magically educated" and move on to better role models who can actually help you get ahead, as opposed to hold you back with falsehoods and BS.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:01 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 295
Location: California Posts: 537098
Sir Brad, you should start MENSA for magicians :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:29 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Apr 2007
Posts: 1482
Location: Here
Lately, he's been advertising his mastermindfreek dvds on his show. He had many tricks revealed and performed by celebrities and said "anyone can learn these off of the dvds in 2 minutes." He was trying so hard to sell them. At the rate he's teaching the tricks, I won't have to buy a single dvd and can just watch a few episodes. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:30 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
sirbrad wrote:
Wrong, I bash Angel because he straight up deserves to be bashed. Loyals misconstrue why he is bashed, and try to fabricate other reasons for it besides the cold facts that lay out in the open. They are so thick-headed that of course you almost have to call them stupid, otherwise why don't learn anything? These are not just opinions, these are technical facts based on reality. Not delusional fantasies by loyals.

I have to disagree. In your opinion he deserves to be bashed because of the facts that are important for you, and in my opinion he deserves to be defended for other reasons that are important to me. However, my personal experience is that if you call somebody stupid because of what he believes, he will only get more thick-headed if that's the case, and not listen to what you say because in the end, all he remembers of your words are the insults. I somehow understand what made you behave that way, I just don't think it's the right way to make somebody learn something.

sirbrad wrote:
It was the same story with that character camera-edit, all his posts were here and he never contributed to any other forum. He just defended things he knew nothing about and was not even a magician. Yet he claims that actual magicians with decades of experience cannot see through Angel's methods. These types want to believe he is real, or some type of weird and ridiculous looking God.

LoyalAnanya, besides liking Angel, you actually come off as pretty level-headed; and not stupid. You sound like you have potential. I have never said that about an Angel fan before. You just need to become more "magically educated" and move on to better role models who can actually help you get ahead, as opposed to hold you back with falsehoods and BS.

Thanks for the nice words- hey, I feel somehow honored, I've read so many of your posts and never seen you saying anything positive about a Criss Angel fan, so it's not hard to believe that you have never said that before to one! :wink:
I'm always open to get "magically educated", that's what I want and the reason why I became a member of this forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:32 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 1784
Hmm taking a "I'm so mature but none of you are because you're all calling me ignorant and stubborn" is not going to help anything here except maybe you feeling better ananya.

You always take that argument because you have no other argument, and then say we're so immature. I'm just agitated and SICK of hearing how awesome Angel is when he is not. Its like I already said, he IS an insult to all of magic. Period.

Since you want to debate us, then refute the points I put up against angel in another thread if you can possibly even logically debate, I personally don't think you can.

And yes you did decide to love angel one day. He just happened to be the celebrity you saw that day that you decided to become obsessed with. It just as easily could have been Blaine or some other celebrity, but angel just happened to be the one. Your obsession with angel is no different than any other girl's obsession with other famous people, pointless, irrational, dumb, and stupid. Angel does not inspire- period. Angel insults. You are just obsessed with him because you choose to be and think its fun and/or cool.

So again, unless you can logically debate the points I made about angel quit talking about how awesome he is to us, we're all sick of hearing about it, most of us have heard it until we're ready to puke if we hear it anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:42 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11155
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
LoyalAnanya wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
Wrong, I bash Angel because he straight up deserves to be bashed. Loyals misconstrue why he is bashed, and try to fabricate other reasons for it besides the cold facts that lay out in the open. They are so thick-headed that of course you almost have to call them stupid, otherwise why don't learn anything? These are not just opinions, these are technical facts based on reality. Not delusional fantasies by loyals.

I have to disagree. In your opinion he deserves to be bashed because of the facts that are important for you, and in my opinion he deserves to be defended for other reasons that are important to me. However, my personal experience is that if you call somebody stupid because of what he believes, he will only get more thick-headed if that's the case, and not listen to what you say because in the end, all he remembers of your words are the insults. I somehow understand what made you behave that way, I just don't think it's the right way to make somebody learn something.

sirbrad wrote:
It was the same story with that character camera-edit, all his posts were here and he never contributed to any other forum. He just defended things he knew nothing about and was not even a magician. Yet he claims that actual magicians with decades of experience cannot see through Angel's methods. These types want to believe he is real, or some type of weird and ridiculous looking God.

LoyalAnanya, besides liking Angel, you actually come off as pretty level-headed; and not stupid. You sound like you have potential. I have never said that about an Angel fan before. You just need to become more "magically educated" and move on to better role models who can actually help you get ahead, as opposed to hold you back with falsehoods and BS.

Thanks for the nice words- hey, I feel somehow honored, I've read so many of your posts and never seen you saying anything positive about a Criss Angel fan, so it's not hard to believe that you have never said that before to one! :wink:
I'm always open to get "magically educated", that's what I want and the reason why I became a member of this forum.


Yeah I don't hand out praise often on this forum, as most do not deserve it most of the time. So feel REALLY special. Regardless of my "Angel bashing," I do see where you are coming from based on your situation. With some here it gets very frustrated trying to pound knowledge into them. Many loyals like Angel for different reasons, but what bothers me is when some claim to know more about technicalities than professional magicians, yet admit to having no magic background.

Heck maybe some even do sadly, after seeing many of the ridiculous posts here from "young" and "inexperienced" magic hobbyists; to which I am neither. Some just never learn, and remain stubborn and want to know everything right away; before actually knowing anything...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:23 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 147
Location: Far Far Away, coming back in November
thecooltonto wrote:
Hmm taking a "I'm so mature but none of you are because you're all calling me ignorant and stubborn" is not going to help anything here except maybe you feeling better ananya.

You always take that argument because you have no other argument, and then say we're so immature. I'm just agitated and SICK of hearing how awesome Angel is when he is not. Its like I already said, he IS an insult to all of magic. Period.
Well, at least I don't have to insult anybody who disagrees with me, no matter what the reasons are. I never said I'm more mature than you or something like that- but you called me immature and in the same paragraph showed immature behaviour, what kind of answer do you expect in this case?

Since you want to debate us, then refute the points I put up against angel in another thread if you can possibly even logically debate, I personally don't think you can.
I will definitely not jump to an old topic and warm up a discussion that's already done, just to prove anything to you- I don't have to prove anything. I contribute when I want to and I stay quiet when I want to, and if you're talking about the topic I'm thinking of, I already made some long posts there and didn't feel the need to write more after that.

And yes you did decide to love angel one day. He just happened to be the celebrity you saw that day that you decided to become obsessed with. It just as easily could have been Blaine or some other celebrity, but angel just happened to be the one. Your obsession with angel is no different than any other girl's obsession with other famous people, pointless, irrational, dumb, and stupid. Angel does not inspire- period.
Angel insults. You are just obsessed with him because you choose to be and think its fun and/or cool.
That's exactly the ignorance that makes me sick. How can you say Angel does not inspire? Bs, he inspires ME, and I'm not the only one. For the rest, think whatever you want. I couldn't care less if you find it stupid, but it's just not possible to "decide" to love or not to love somebody- well, maybe you can, congratulations then. I can't. I don't know what impression you have about me, but in my 23 years of life Criss is only the second celebrity that ever meant so much to me, and the first one was a german singer and songwriter who inspired me to write my first poems, about 10 years ago. I'm not a teenage girl who wanted to fall in love with a celebrity or searched for an idol to look up to.


So again, unless you can logically debate the points I made about angel quit talking about how awesome he is to us, we're all sick of hearing about it, most of us have heard it until we're ready to puke if we hear it anymore. This is a public forum and you can't expect people to disappear just because they have a contrary opinion. That's not only about me, but in general. By the way, telling you how awesome he is is not what I mainly do here, I just contribute my opinions in those discussions- it's a totally different story when somebody asks me to state why I like Criss, as you and others did in the past, so of course in that case I did. But however, you can look forward to the next 2 months when I won't be here.



EDIT:
sirbrad wrote:
Yeah I don't hand out praise often on this forum, as most do not deserve it most of the time. So feel REALLY special. Regardless of my "Angel bashing," I do see where you are coming from based on your situation. With some here it gets very frustrated trying to pound knowledge into them. Many loyals like Angel for different reasons, but what bothers me is when some claim to know more about technicalities than professional magicians, yet admit to having no magic background.

Heck maybe some even do sadly, after seeing many of the ridiculous posts here from "young" and "inexperienced" magic hobbyists; to which I am neither. Some just never learn, and remain stubborn and want to know everything right away; before actually knowing anything...

Just saw you answered while I was writing, no need to make a new post.
So, thanks again, I do feel special now. :)
Seriously, about the technical knowledge and people claiming to know it all better, I have to agree with you, that must be very frustrating. In my case, when it comes to what's technical possible and what's not, people tell me that I have a huge imagination and that sometimes I think about technical possibilites that just don't exist in the real world. So maybe you and others thought in the past that I'm one of those claiming to know everything, because when people talked about camera tricks, in some posts I stated alternative thoughts that had come to my mind- but in these cases I didn't want to sound like somebody who "knows it better"- if I did, I apologize for it. In reality it's just that I know that I don't have that knowledge, but what I have is my imagination, so I just decide to take the inspiration and keep on thinking "what if...", because that's just my mentality- and so much more inspiring than thinking "everybody says it is a camera trick, it has to be true and I don't have to think about it anymore". And I thought to share these thoughts could maybe inspire others to think beyond, because that's what causes improvement, isn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:03 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 8
thecooltonto wrote:
procrustean wrote:
The funny thing about this argument is that similar ones are brewing all over the internet about comedians like Dane Cook an Carlos Mencia, authors like Koontz, and actors like Ryan Reynolds.


And they're probably true too I imagine. Its not like magic is the only thing with loser idiots bumming off the work of others.


Unfortunately this is spot on. I'm often entertained by the difference in perception between the average person and someone with a passing interest in magic/comedy/acting. So while these guys do entertain a lot of people out there, it's always quite funny to know that their peers have nothing but contempt for them and don't really view them as legitimate performers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:23 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 1435
Ahhgh. Dane Cook blows. He needs less caffeine. Mencia..hmm...I find him funny, to a point. Wish BOTH of these guys could stand still. Watch both of them...Pacing back and forth and back and forth. It's like watching a tennis match for Pete's sake. Stand still or go pee! Dean Koontz..I've ony read one book of his, so I really can't comment on him. And Ryan Reynolds...He needs to go back to doing whatever it was that he was doing before he called himself an actor. Matt Damon has more talent than this guy. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 295
Location: California Posts: 537098
MichalAngelo wrote:
Ahhgh. Dane Cook blows. He needs less caffeine. Mencia..hmm...I find him funny, to a point. Wish BOTH of these guys could stand still. Watch both of them...Pacing back and forth and back and forth. It's like watching a tennis match for Pete's sake. Stand still or go pee! Dean Koontz..I've ony read one book of his, so I really can't comment on him. And Ryan Reynolds...He needs to go back to doing whatever it was that he was doing before he called himself an actor. Matt Damon has more talent than this guy. :shock:


Dane Cook = Obnoxious
Carlos Mencia = Plain not funny.
Jerry Seinfeld = FTW!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.